Sephora's Reigning Beauties: Ariel - The Little Mermaid

ChosenOne

I'm adding Lodhi to my to-buy list. I've been buying NARS pencils over the past few weeks. I have Dragon Girl, Cruella, Damned and just ordered 413BLKR yesterday. I love the pencils I have so far. They apply so smoothly. Pop Life and Tender Night are next on my list. Pop Life is a matte coral. I read that Lodhi is supposed to be similar to MAC Betty Bright in color.
Ooooo *adds Pop Life to list of to-buys* I knew nothing about Lodhi until I was looking for something else to buy off Sephora's site so I could get free shipping, since the gloss set I ordered missed it by $2 (I swear, I think they do that on purpose!). I was going to go with another one from Bite Beauty, but then I saw swatches of Lodhi and swooned. I hear they're not twist-up though, so let me ask you since you have a few already: Which sharpener do you find works well with the NARS pencils? I'm sure they'll be too fat for my MAC sharpener. Should I get a NARS one?

Genn

I have a few Nars pencils and I use my urban decay sharpener. The UD sharpener has a large and a small sharpener built into it.

Kaidan

Not what I was expecting the Mirror to be (I was thinking coral reef and shells). Chances are their will be a VIB pre-sale again in June for this collection online. ;)

from that twitter link

Do you think the blue bottle is perfume/roller perfume?
OMG this looks awesome!
eyelove.gif
I can't wait for this collection but I wish it were available around July or Fall instead of June (too much makeup overkill). I definitely want the mirror and perhaps the storybook palette. I hope they do another collection with Belle and Aurora.

LiliV

The lip products look exciting, I'm very easily sold when it comes to reds and corals. From Cinderella and Jasmine I only got the book palettes but this one I def want the lip products too!

CartoonChic

Also a good point!

Ooooo *adds Pop Life to list of to-buys* I knew nothing about Lodhi until I was looking for something else to buy off Sephora's site so I could get free shipping, since the gloss set I ordered missed it by $2 (I swear, I think they do that on purpose!). I was going to go with another one from Bite Beauty, but then I saw swatches of Lodhi and swooned. I hear they're not twist-up though, so let me ask you since you have a few already: Which sharpener do you find works well with the NARS pencils? I'm sure they'll be too fat for my MAC sharpener. Should I get a NARS one?
My NARS pencils are still new. I've only had them for a few weeks. Haven't even thought about sharpening them yet. I have a NYX sharpener that I bought for my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils that I could probably use. I think I'm going to buy the NARS sharpener anyway just because I'd want things to match. I'll wait for a sale.

I knew nothing of Lodhi until you mentioned it here. I saw "coral" and immediately looked it up. Now Yu, Luxembourg, Jardin de Plantes, Majella and Palais Royal are other colors I want to try.

I agree! I do think Sephora rigs their free shipping. I'm usually short by $1-$2 no matter what combination of products I buy.

LiliV

I knew nothing of Lodhi until you mentioned it here. I saw "coral" and immediately looked it up. Now Yu, Luxembourg, Jardin de Plantes, Majella and Palais Royal are other colors I want to try
Luxembourg is a gorgeous color! It's so vibrant and long lasting, I didn't have to reapply all day last time I wore it

ChosenOne

My NARS pencils are still new. I've only had them for a few weeks. Haven't even thought about sharpening them yet. I have a NYX sharpener that I bought for my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils that I could probably use. I think I'm going to buy the NARS sharpener anyway just because I'd want things to match. I'll wait for a sale.
I knew nothing of Lodhi until you mentioned it here. I saw "coral" and immediately looked it up. Now Yu, Luxembourg, Jardin de Plantes, Majella and Palais Royal are other colors I want to try.

I agree! I do think Sephora rigs their free shipping. I'm usually short by $1-$2 no matter what combination of products I buy.
Yes!! A fellow conspiracy-theorist, lol!

BriarRose

The original plan was for them to do only three princesses. So if nothing has changed, then yes, this is the last one.
ssad.gif
I'm hoping that their popularity has convinced them to do more, as I would still love to see Belle and Aurora. Since Disney is now making their own line of cosmetics based on their princesses and villains though, I can't help but wonder if this collaboration with Sephora was more of a test run, and now that Disney knows what a money-maker it is, they might not want to split those kinds of profits with Sephora.
I don't think it was a test run for Beautifully Disney. A while back when the BD line was just getting started, they had a blog post that went in depth about that and the author answered some fan questions (as they always do on the blog). It was said that BD was in the works for many years and is considered separate from the other outside lines, like the collaborations with Sephora, OPI, etc., and that those types of lines would continue.

Now, that doesn't specify if Sephora's line continues beyond Ariel, but BD wouldn't stop it, at least. My understanding BD is basically filling a gap in the parks merchandising that existed up until now. Before, the only non-Smackers lip balm Disney-themed makeup you could get in WDW anyway was the stray Disney OPI polishes. I went recently, and they have a sizeable BD display in MK on Main Street and in Tren-D in DTD, and I think they sell it in all the other parks as well (didn't look for it in those parks, though). They also had a nice display for it at the Grand Floridian, basically next to the high end Guerlain stuff. I don't think it is meant to really reach people outside of the parks. They have never even carried the nail polishes in full sized bottles on the Disney Store website.

In terms of Ariel's collection... Everything looks amazing! I am getting it all, other than the perfume (allergies and sinus problems = no dice). Otherwise.... It shall be Mine, Mine, MINE!
yahoo.gif
Ariel is my favorite princess, and TLM is one of my all-time favorite movies.

LiliV

If they do more princesses (which I hope they do!) they should do Belle for Fall and Snow White for Winter. Belle seems so perfect for autumn

FoxyMamaMakeup

Sephora just posted the video for the Ariel collection on YouTube!!! ; ) it looks AMAZING!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!!! ; ) it said it will be available online June 2013 (so any day now ladies!!!) & in stores August 2013!!! Cannot wait I am so so SO EXCITED!!!! ; )

ChosenOne

Sephora just posted the video for the Ariel collection on YouTube!!! ; ) it looks AMAZING!!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!!! ; ) it said it will be available online June 2013 (so any day now ladies!!!) & in stores August 2013!!! Cannot wait I am so so SO EXCITED!!!! ; )
yahoo.gif
Holy crap, thanks for pointing that out!!! I was afraid it would be a fake because I was like "noooo it's too soon!" but looks like it's not too soon after all! Coming online June 2013???? AKA this month??? I'm so stoked!!! Interesting that they differentiate between the online release date and the in store date. Have they done that before? I will be keeping an extra close eye on my emails from Sephora the next few weeks!

Still planning on only getting the e/s palette.

alyxo

Oh sweet mother, I need this! I have both Cinderella and Jasmine Storybook palettes and I adore them. I want the Ariel Storybook palette as well, the colours are amazing especially the blues and purples.... Can't wait! The waiting is the worst part, lol.

LiliV

I just saw this! I'm definitely getting the palette and the 2 coral lip colors. The nail polishes remind me of Chanel's summer colors. I'm surprised they haven't done any separate blushes yet. I know Jasmine has the built in blush and bronzer but a few new blushes in pretty compacts would be cool

FoxyMamaMakeup

:yahoo:   Holy crap, thanks for pointing that out!!!  I was afraid it would be a fake because I was like "noooo it's too soon!" but looks like it's not too soon after all!  Coming online June 2013????  AKA this month???  I'm so stoked!!!  Interesting that they differentiate between the online release date and the in store date.  Have they done that before?  I will be keeping an extra close eye on my emails from Sephora the next few weeks! Still planning on only getting the e/s palette.
Yea, I am surprised they aren't releasing the collection in stores until Aug. since they're putting it online any day now this month. Online is the only way I have to get it anyway, I don't have a Sephora close by. Cannot wait to get this entire collection!! ; )

FoxyMamaMakeup

Oh sweet mother, I need this! I have both Cinderella and Jasmine Storybook palettes and I adore them. I want the Ariel Storybook palette as well, the colours are amazing especially the blues and purples.... Can't wait! The waiting is the worst part, lol.
The colors are absolutely amazing!! I totally agree with you, the blues, purples, & greens & those red & coral color lip glosses!! ; ) Gorgeous!!! Cannot wait to see Xsparkage on YouTube do her makeup tutorial for this Ariel palette! She's one of my favorite makeup guru's & she has amazing makeup looks on her channel with the Cinderella & the Jasmine palette! I know this one will be absolutely beautiful!! Cannot wait to get my hands on this palette so I can play!! ; ) lol

FoxyMamaMakeup

I just saw this! I'm definitely getting the palette and the 2 coral lip colors. The nail polishes remind me of Chanel's summer colors. I'm surprised they haven't done any separate blushes yet. I know Jasmine has the built in blush and bronzer but a few new blushes in pretty compacts would be cool
I bet that the 4 lip glosses in this collection will be a set just like the 4 lipsticks set in the Cinderella collection! At least I hope it's a set bc I love all 4 & that would be amazing! ; ) you're so right about the lip colors, the do remind me of Chanel's rouge coco shines! The coral color lip gloss reminds me of Chanel's spring nail polish fracas! That would be a beautiful nail color to go with the lip gloss from this Ariel collection! ; ) I really love the nail polish set for this collection, it is beautiful! Everything is just gorgeous in this Ariel collection!! ; )

FoxyMamaMakeup

can't wait for the email! vibs better get first dibs lol..proves i spend way too much on makeup since!
I know girl, I cannot wait either! I'm a VIB too & I keep checking my email constantly for this collection to be available! Any day now, we should be able to place our orders!! ; )

Latest posts