Setting your Foundation

ExquizitDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I have Matte texture, and Prep & Prime face. I find Matte works better under my makeup (though I will switch it up from time to time).

That said...i recently bought their Oil Control lotion...and seriously I swear by it. Pair that with Matte texture and you're good!

Cool! They were suppose to give me a sample of the Oil Control Lotion too but they forgot... I have the jar but it was empty! LOL!! I got a sample of the green gel cleanser too... I REALLY like it. I've been using my Mary Kay oil control lotion which isn't helping... it used to but my skin is changing again.
th_dunno.gif
I'm going tomorrow to get the full size of the green gel, matte, oil control, & prep/prime... still debating on the pressed blot powder... have you used the skinfinish natural? What does everyone think of it as a pressed powder to stay matte thru the day in place of the blot powder?

Stephy171

Im an NC45 when i use my studio fix fluid i set it waith MakeupForever's HD indivisible setting powder and i apply its with my 187 brush for a sheer coveragee.... WORKSS WONDERSSS for me anyways... hope that helpss

ExquizitDiva

In the future you can just buy that powder from Coastal Scents. It's exactly the same... CS is 1 oz for only $4 and MUFE 0.3 oz for $30. I have it and it's great.

Senoj

When I wear Studio tech foundation I don't use anything to set it because it's a cream to powder formula. When I use Studio Sculpt or the liquid mineralize foundation, I use the mineralize powder or studio fix powder to set it.

ms. kendra

I use Mineralize Satinfinish foundation, and MSF-Dark to set it, or a pressed powder that I bought from the Arbonne company. Both work like a charm.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I usually set my foundation with any one of the following:
- NARS Pressed Powder in Soleil
- Becca Pressed (or Loose) Powder in Carob
- Ben Nye Neutral Set Translucent Powder

When I am wearing Satinfinish I set with either the MAC Loose Blotting Powder or IMAN Oil-Blotting Pressed Powder.

she

msf and blot powder. not a regular foundation wearer but i like sff and studio fix.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I use a variety of things. Most often it's Px magic powder. Sometimes it's bronzer (Bobbi Brown or Prescriptives Custom Blend). In the winter it's the Sheer Mystery Powder from Stylistics. Rarely I use MSFN. I usually use my blot powder on an as needed basis. And sometimes I set with good old powder (Px, which is not as heavy as Studio Fix which is actually a foundation in powder form).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I usually set my foundation with any one of the following:
- NARS Pressed Powder in Soleil
- Becca Pressed (or Loose) Powder in Carob
- Ben Nye Neutral Set Translucent Powder

When I am wearing Satinfinish I set with either the MAC Loose Blotting Powder or IMAN Oil-Blotting Pressed Powder.

Funny how much this has changed in the almost two years since I first replied to this post.

LittleMaryJane

I use MUFE's HD Powder. From what I hear, Coastal Scents makes a very similar powder for a lot less--but I'm afraid to switch because I love this powder so much!

winwin

I use a different powder for a different foundation.

When I'm using Revlon Colorstay I tend to use my msfn in medium plus.
With my mufe hd I used my mufe hd powder.
My Nars sheer matte I tend to pair with my mac pressed blot powder.

Don't know why, I just find this works best for me.

User38

I usually set my mu with these: Fix or Avene spray, a light dusting of powder (all different favorites) which depend on the foundation, and then a last dusting of Kryolan Shine control usually on T Zone.. this usually makes it last for the whole day.

dreamlove

Iman Foundation Stick- Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Dark
NARS Sheer Glow- Nars Loose Powder Mountain
Revlon Colorstay- Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil