Sigh....cutting

V15U4L_3RR0R

Well we shall just have to agree to disagree there won't we LOCa? But next time you have one of those moments. step back and read what you write before you hit submit.

But I honestly don't see how it's an attention thing at all? I mean, I never went showing my cuts to anyone. The only people who knew were the ones who found out by accident and there's only about 4 of them. I realise every experience is different and you are entitled to your opinion but I don't understand why you think that?

k.a.t

I cut myself in front of my friend soo....and my parents obviously found out as i was taken into hospital from my school....apart from that however, i don't go around showing my scars to people....only very few have found out by accident, i'm actually embarrassed if people see them now but the scarrs aren't very visible anymore so yeah
smiles.gif

Ithica

I know what its like.. I cut myself for about 5/6 years. I didnt tell anyone for at least 3/4 years. I have not cut for about a year but there are times when i am so frustrated and pissed that i could easily without giving my self time for thought.

I went through treatments, I was in a mental institute for young people for about a month and had many psychs when i tried to out on life.

I dont think that people understand that just because you havn't done it for a while that it means your mirically all better and that you'll never want/need to do it again.

Never beat yourself up too much about lapsing - if i had kept beating myself up it'd have found it worse. Sometiems you need a blip to realise you didnt have to do it/ learn from the regrets. I hope things improve for you *hugs*

Nzsallyb

hey everyone, just bringing this thread back up as i am going through a bad stage of cutting. i have had to travel away for my studies, and it has made me miserable, my ownly way to escape. i cut at least 3 times a week at the moment. i am terribly hormonal also, up and down. has anyone had experience with evening primrose oil and hormone control?
my hormones are driving my BF mad wen i come home, and we end up fighting about it. its my fault every time. and i release by cutting.
i feel as though i can be honest on here, i trust all you girls (and guys)

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
hey everyone, just bringing this thread back up as i am going through a bad stage of cutting. i have had to travel away for my studies, and it has made me miserable, my ownly way to escape. i cut at least 3 times a week at the moment. i am terribly hormonal also, up and down. has anyone had experience with evening primrose oil and hormone control?
my hormones are driving my BF mad wen i come home, and we end up fighting about it. its my fault every time. and i release by cutting.
i feel as though i can be honest on here, i trust all you girls (and guys)

I am so sorry that you're going through a tough time
th_cheerup.gif
th_hug.gif

Try talking about your problems to a person that you trust. Venting about your problems or finding something else to do that will keep you distracted from cutting yourself.
I hope that helps.

chiquilla_loca

^^^ casadalinnis, you are a great friend!
because i have plenty of trust issues, i don't have any close friends, and kinda of use spectra as my therapy, i'm really too embarrassed to reach out, this thread reminded me of ME, when i started cutting 7 years ago, i couldn't understand why things were happening they way they were, and being naive, i put myself into an adult situation when i was only still a kid, so i used to take a razor to my wrists, & sometimes my face. i was in a physically abusive relationship with my first bf. i tried doing counseling a few times and didn't thought it helped me. my last episode occurred within this year, and i tried overdosing 3mos ago! very sad & depressing to think about those moments.
for me it's very hard to ask for help, i've only fantasized of getting more help, but then reality sinks in, of having to pay bills, and take care of my children. the urge to do otherwise is sometimes overwhelming, and i don't want my family to know what's going on, so i tell them i'm fine.
but Nzsallyb i want/hope you to ask for the help while you are young and not have lost time.
th_cheerup.gif
th_hug.gif