Sigma Brushes

nursee81

I am trying to get into freelancing for myself and was wondering which one of these kits should I get or should I just invest in some MAC ones. I have mine that are MAC but I need something to use on client when I start getting business. TIA

ILoveMakeup84

Hi! I have the Sigma Complete kit (not the Pro one that was released this year) and I really like it. I think they'll be great for freelancing. The Pro brush set is nice too but I think that the Complete kit has more essential brushes, so I'll go with that one first and in the future if you want you can buy the Pro kit
smiles.gif
HTK!!

Stephy171

i caved in and ordered from sigma when they were having a small sale! i got the complete face & eyes kit w/ brush roll & a marilyn kabuki for 91 bucks! the set & roll alone is 89 so i fugured why not! i havent washed or used the brushes but from what i see i love these... they are all so soft & i love the handles the rool is also awesome!

On another note since their is so much debate over their names, Rumor has it that sigma is changing all their brush names for example F50 & E30 lol umm i dont know how i feel about that??? Alsoo they are coming out with 20 new brushes! im eexcited to see what they come up with.....
I'm already planning to buy that premium kit hahaha im such a sucker

bubbleys

They only sell these online right? I want to try them but to pay the duties for Canada will be killer.
ssad.gif

BabyGirlB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleys
They only sell these online right? I want to try them but to pay the duties for Canada will be killer.
ssad.gif

Same here, I've been wanting to try them for a while but between shipping to Canada plus duty charges it really adds up!

wetwater

Question for those of you with the Sigma pro brush set...

Is the full size SS217 different from the travel sized SS217? I know the handle is shorter, but how about the actual bristles? Thanks a ton!

dietcokeg

Re: Question for those of you with the Sigma pro brush set...

Simone the owner of sigma was asked about this and she said that the travel brushes follow the same process of the larger ones with regards the bristles.
Hope this answers your question!

dopalives

I have both the travel size and the full size and I find they are the same bristle wise.

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy171

On another note since their is so much debate over their names, Rumor has it that sigma is changing all their brush names for example F50 & E30 lol umm i dont know how i feel about that??? Alsoo they are coming out with 20 new brushes! im eexcited to see what they come up with.....

I just saw Tiffany do a video on the new brushes but she doesnt say about the numbering other then naming them as she talks about them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvS6um8PAQc

*JJ*

sorry if this has been asked before but how does the ss239 compare to mac's 239? i have two 239 and i'd like 3 more but i can't really spare the 80€ at the moment.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwater
Is the full size SS217 different from the travel sized SS217? I know the handle is shorter, but how about the actual bristles? Thanks a ton!

The 224 is one of my absolute favorite Mac brushes and the sigma knockoff sucks! The bristles spread out and it's itchy against the skin. Mediocre.

Nelly711

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
sorry if this has been asked before but how does the ss239 compare to mac's 239? i have two 239 and i'd like 3 more but i can't really spare the 80€ at the moment.

IMO, the SS239 is nothing special. I bought one in December and it feels like the brush is coming apart from the ferrel. As far as performance goes, it does the job. Before I bought the Sigma brush, I bought 2 elf shadow brushes (black handles) and they look almost the same and work pretty much the same. If I would have known that those Elf brushes were exactly like the Sigma one, I probably wouldn't have bought the sigma brush.

AmberElizabeth

I am wondering why they're changing the names of their brushes...

I'd render a bet that MAC sent them a cease and desist about copying the brush numbering system!

metal_romantic

I'm considering buying some Sigma brushes, so I am doing my research... lol.I came across some helpful reviews etc. while googling... I'm still making my way through the 21 pages of this thread, so my apologies if any of these have already been linked to...
smiles.gif

Hope these are useful!

Here is a thorough review (it even covers how much the brushes weigh!) with good photos of the Premium set:

Sigma Premium Brush Set review by Guitarrasara

Sigma SS165 vs. MAC 165 Brush by Guitarrasara

This has good pics of the eye brushes:
Eye Kit review by Jojoba (My Makeup Reviews)

Also, if you were wondering what the pink-handled brushes really look like, here's a blog entry with photos:
Sigma Pink Complete Kit by Koala

HTH ^_^

franken_stein

Ew! Can anyone help me figure out what's going on with my SS190 brush?! I just took this photo a couple of minutes ago -- what's up with this blue color around the ferrule? Maybe it's... glue coming off??

Picture1-vi.png

Is this normal? I'm kind of upset because I have a lot of eye brushes and enough powder brushes that if one of them broke or got lost or something, I'd have a replacement, but I really have no other foundation brush except for that one. I clean it a lot, too. I mean... it still works, but now that I noticed that, I'm a little grossed out by whatever that blue stuff is.

I honestly still think that the Sigma brushes are quite good quality though. I haven't noticed any issues with any of my other ones (I have the travel kit which gave me 8 brushes).

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein
Ew! Can anyone help me figure out what's going on with my SS190 brush?! I just took this photo a couple of minutes ago -- what's up with this blue color around the ferrule? Maybe it's... glue coming off??

Picture1-vi.png

Is this normal? I'm kind of upset because I have a lot of eye brushes and enough powder brushes that if one of them broke or got lost or something, I'd have a replacement, but I really have no other foundation brush except for that one. I clean it a lot, too. I mean... it still works, but now that I noticed that, I'm a little grossed out by whatever that blue stuff is.

I honestly still think that the Sigma brushes are quite good quality though. I haven't noticed any issues with any of my other ones (I have the travel kit which gave me 8 brushes).

i would ask for a replacement and throw this out. it is not suppose to do this!

franken_stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
i would ask for a replacement and throw this out. it is not suppose to do this!

Thanks, I just emailed them. I have some issues though about a company that won't include a phone number on their contact information page. It just makes them less accessible and I'm inclined to have doubts when it seems like they're not all about customer service.

Did anybody here have trouble contacting them by email though? Are they prompt with responses, or not so good?