Sigma Brushes

LMD84

ok i tried using my mini ss217 again and i still dislike it. more hairs shed when i washed it again and once again there are these weird long hairs that are hanging out if it! not cool! however i really like the ss219! this brush is very good!

Civies

For someone who doesn't have a wide variety of brushes, what do you guys think is the best kit to get, quality and value wise?

christianad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
For someone who doesn't have a wide variety of brushes, what do you guys think is the best kit to get, quality and value wise?

Since you said you don't have a wide variety of brushes I'd say the Original Professional Set because it contains your basic brushes that you need for pretty much anything. The premium kit really just compliments the original professional kit. The premium kit is more something you'd buy to compliment your basic/fundamental brushes but not really something you'd buy to replace them.

I'd personally suggest you buy the original professional kit and buy individual brushes from the premium kit that REALLY pique your interest. Hopefully they release them as singles soon because there are a few brushes from that kit that I want doubles of. =]

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies

I would recommend the face kit. I bought it and really like it!! They would be much more expensive getting them as single brushes from other brands or MAC.

dangerousdiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzMelroseMood
how is the ss224?

I like the Sigma 224 better than the MAC one.

Any opinions on the ss222, ss226 or ss227 from the pro set? I'm about to buy them individually from ACW and would love some reviews before I pull the trigger. lol

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianad
hey guys! ACW has the individual brushes from sigma's premium kit up for sale! just FYI for those of you who wanted to buy some of those brushes individually! =D

SIGMA MAKEUP

***scream***

I already bought the MAC ones! foooey!

christianad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdiva
I like the Sigma 224 better than the MAC one.

Any opinions on the ss222, ss226 or ss227 from the pro set? I'm about to buy them individually from ACW and would love some reviews before I pull the trigger. lol

Personally I think, Sigma's ss222 is more similar to MAC's 224 but just a denser version that has more hair... oh, and with white hairs instead of black. =P The ss222 is also sorta similar to the ss224, just with slightly longer hairs and white hairs instead of black hairs. Same brush head size though.

Sigma's ss226 is not as scratchy as MAC's and looks/feels pretty much identical to my MAC one, but without the scratchiness that the MAC one has when being used.

I can't compare the ss227 to the MAC one because i don't have the mac one but it's big, dense, and soft. =] not scratchy at all. =]

christianad

Quote:
how is the ss224?

I also like the ss224 better than the MAC 224. =] It's denser and the hairs are a tiny bit shorter so it does a slightly better job at blending and gives you more control.

christianad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
***scream***

I already bought the MAC ones! foooey!

If you already have the MAC ones, you definitely shouldn't feel like you're missing out on anything.
yes.gif

vc1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolovesmac
is there any quality difference between the Sigma full size brushes & the travel size ones?
th_confused_new.gif

I think the travel sized ones have a shorter handle for easy traveling
I dont think the actual brush has a difference.
winkiss.gif

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianad
If you already have the MAC ones, you definitely shouldn't feel like you're missing out on anything.
yes.gif

Good point.

although I already started calculating what I could have done with the extra money
ssad.gif

Worst part...I havent even gotten them yet. Maybe the ladies at customs are busy testing them out
cry.gif

Quote:
I have one more question, what about the ss187? Does anyone with MAC's 187 own both to compare? Is Sigma's worth buying?

IMHO nope. I deeply regretted it. I actually had a MAC LE 187, the short one... and sold it when I got the full sized sigma...The sigma one isnt as dense or firm (it kind of splays out when it hits your face) and doesnt really stipple...it splotches!

I use it for blush application and it works great, but for foundation...I'd say its a no-go.

vintageroses

Quote:
I have one more question, what about the ss187? Does anyone with MAC's 187 own both to compare? Is Sigma's worth buying?

Honestly i don't like the ss187, mine sheds like crazyyyy, during the 1st wash it shed & still does when i use it, not as much like 1-2 hairs but it still does. I don't have the MAC one so i wont be able to compare. but just my 2 cents.

foxxylatina07

So I placed an order with Sigma for the SS197 flat top kabuki brush and I just got it today this morning. OMG let me tell ya'll this is such a awesome looking brush. The handle its the perfect size and its so soft and very dense. Perfect for liquid foundation or whatever you want to use it for. I washed it and no shedding or bleeding whatsoever
th_DANCE.gif

This brush reminds me of the Philosophy supernatural brush only that I think the Sigma one is a bit bigger, cheaper, and nicer looking. I will take a picture of this lovely brush. And I will update how well it applies foundation. I also have the MAC 130 and I cant wait to try that one too
tong.gif

christianad

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07
So I placed an order with Sigma for the SS197 flat top kabuki brush and I just got it today this morning. OMG let me tell ya'll this is such a awesome looking brush. The handle its the perfect size and its so soft and very dense. Perfect for liquid foundation or whatever you want to use it for. I washed it and no shedding or bleeding whatsoever
th_DANCE.gif

This brush reminds me of the Philosophy supernatural brush only that I think the Sigma one is a bit bigger, cheaper, and nicer looking. I will take a picture of this lovely brush. And I will update how well it applies foundation. I also have the MAC 130 and I cant wait to try that one too
tong.gif

I was curious about the ss197 brush but it looks too similar to the everyday minerals flat top which is basically the same thing, just a shorter/different handle and different color bristles. Flat Top Brush

I already have that brush so I wasn't able to convince myself to get the Sigma one. =P I also saw a review on YouTube from someone who has both brushes and confirmed that they're VERY similar aside from the handles. I tried using my EDM brush to apply liquid foundation and for some reason I don't like it as much as everyone else. I feel like since it's fairly big and dense alot of my liquid foundation gets lost/pushed into the brush. i have the mac 130 and much prefer that brush for liquid foundation application. but that's just me.

please do share your feelings about the two brushes once you use both! i'm curious to see how your experience goes. =]