Sigma Brushes

christianad

for those of you who are interested in buying the Sigma Makeup Premium Brushes individually I emailed customer service for the website ACW - Authentic Wholesale Discount MAC and Other Cosmetics and they said this:

Quote:
Hi Christiana,
Yes we will have the brushes individually. We hope to have them by the end of the month/early April.

THANK YOU!!!
SHERI
ACW-ALLCOSMETICSWHOLESALE.COM

I hope that helps some of you. Hopefully Sigma offers the brushes from the premium kit separately by then, if not, that website is a great alternative for buying individual Sigma brushes.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianad
for those of you who are interested in buying the Sigma Makeup Premium Brushes individually I emailed customer service for the website ACW - Authentic Wholesale Discount MAC and Other Cosmetics and they said this:

I hope that helps some of you. Hopefully Sigma offers the brushes from the premium kit separately by then, if not, that website is a great alternative for buying individual Sigma brushes.

Right now the only one I want is the ss226

mintbear82

Has anyone seen msfililocalola's review on YouTube about Sigma's brushes? It made me wonder about the consistency in quality of Sigma's brushes. I've seen Tiffany's review and other YouTube Guru's reviews on the brushes saying their great, and then there are other YouTubers saying that they are over hyped. I want to try them, but I don't want to pay a ton for shipping and end up with garbage.

I also agree that they need to have all their brushes up for sale individually, because I'm not interested in committing to a 120 dollar set of brushes that I don't need.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintbear82
Has anyone seen msfililocalola's review on YouTube about Sigma's brushes? It made me wonder about the consistency in quality of Sigma's brushes. I've seen Tiffany's review and other YouTube Guru's reviews on the brushes saying their great, and then there are other YouTubers saying that they are over hyped. I want to try them, but I don't want to pay a ton for shipping and end up with garbage.

I also agree that they need to have all their brushes up for sale individually, because I'm not interested in committing to a 120 dollar set of brushes that I don't need.

My sister's co-worker has the Sigma SS187 and she loves it. Everyone's opinion is different so most people might love it and some hate it. I planned to purchase the SS150 and maybe the SS239 and SS188. I haven't really decided yet. I don't want to spend $42 on MAC 150 and hate it and can't return it because I have use it.

LMD84

i have just ordered the ss119 and ss224 brush to try out. they were £6 each so for that price i can't go very wrong. if i like them i may get a proper set of them
smiles.gif

AmberElizabeth

The SS187 from my first set of Sigma brushes never bled, and neither did any of the others. All had very, very minimal shedding, and didn't smell. THis set was purchased almost a year ago when I first heard the buzz about Sigma. The second set, purchased about a month ago seems to be holding up almost as good- The SS187 from this set did have some bleeding, but it wasn't horrible. All the other brushes again had minimal shedding, the SS168 had issues retaining it's shape when drying but I used a brush guard this last time and it helped a lot. I think the quality of the brushes is mostly consistent, but there are a few things I can tell aren't the same. Overall, it was money well spent IMO.

I just got my advanced set Friday, but have yet to unpackage and wash them... Hopefully I'll get around to that sometime this week!

reem2790

i have to say, i've had my pro kit for about a year now, and after many washes, my 187, 188 , 109 are starting to bleed, and it's infuriating, especially since i use all three for foundation.

jbshinyfuzzy

I've been thinking about getting the ss197 (when it comes back in stock). I was looking at some brushes online and philosophy had a brush that looked like the ss197, it is called the philosophy supernatural airbrush. I was wondering if anyone has both of these brushes and if they are basically the same or if one of them is better quality?

If someone does have both of these brushes I would love to see a picture comparison...

I would probably use the brush for foundation (I've been looking for a brush to use with cream foundation)

sweets4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have just ordered the ss119 and ss224 brush to try out. they were £6 each so for that price i can't go very wrong. if i like them i may get a proper set of them
smiles.gif

Sorry stupid question- where do u order them from? from the US site? or somewhere else?

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets4
Sorry stupid question- where do u order them from? from the US site? or somewhere else?

you can place your orders on the sigma website

Sigma Makeup

yupps! :)
winkiss.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets4

i ordered from love-makeup.co.uk which is a uk site. speedy delivery and also the person who owns the site is lovely
smiles.gif

with my ss224 and ss219 i got a mini 217 brush included. from first use after waashing i would say that the mini ss217 is terrible. it shed all over me and for some reason there was one super long hair on it poking out that i had to pull out. so not impressed with the freebie! however the other two brushes seem very good
smiles.gif

RandomnessWithK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
^^^ Really? I love the mini SS217! Perfect brush for me
th_dunno.gif

do you also have the MAC 217?

or does anyone have both the MAC 217 and SS217 - that can compare?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
^^^ Really? I love the mini SS217! Perfect brush for me
th_dunno.gif

perhaps i got a bad one? i am comparing it to my mac 217se from the antiquitese collection. but yes i really don't like it. i just didn't get where the super long hair came from.

also the full size ss224 is actually more scratchy feeling than my mac one.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
do you also have the MAC 217?

or does anyone have both the MAC 217 and SS217 - that can compare?

I have both. Actually, I have 2 of the SS217s because they came free with two separate orders. While I do like them, I don't think they're an exact dupe of the MAC 217. The bristles are a bit longer and the head seems to flatten out slightly; my MAC version is a bit fluffier. I think the SS217 works well for applying concealer. It will do the same job as the MAC 217 (as the MAC 217 is quite multipurpose) but it doesn't look or feel quite the same.

*JJ*

i got my first sigma brush today - the kabuki. it shed like crazy when i first cleaned it! i hope it'll stop, it lost like 20 hairs!