Sigma Brushes

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
Wow...

Okay I think this reviewer has every right to share her opinion of these brushes and is well within her rights to dislike them if she so chooses. Heck, I'm fine with her lighting a brush on fire if it bothers her enough to illicit that response. But if you read the comments that go back and forth between her and some of her viewers (and I'm not talking about Simone), she comes across as disrespectful and unprofessional...like a teenager with a limited vocabulary who can't quite express her thoughts without relying on profanity. Had she done a review without resorting to dramatics I'd have been more inclined to appreciate her comments (even if I disagreed with her).

And geez... talk about wasteful. She could've sold or given away her Sigma brushes. There are enough people who still want to try them out.

I don't even bother reading the comments on vids anymore, because there's always some Youtube war going on in the comment boxes, either with other comment writers, or with the person who made the video

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
ITA.

Rawrzellers commented "wait wait WHAT! That hoe bag left you a comment :/ BITCH MY ASS THEY MAKE THOSE BRUSHES WITH THEIR HANDS! Also fuck her, you bought the damn brushes you can burn them if you want :/ God she's so full of herself, she talks about "burning her passion" WTF THAT HOE JUST STOLE MACs NUMBERS AND BRUSH SHAPES! I'll fuck that hoe up if I ever see her :/"
She comments back "hahahaha that was THE AWESOMEST comment <3"

She really is immature, as are a lot of people who commented on the video.

I don't know if you have noticed this, but I feel the same way about almost every person that comments on any youtube video. It's kind of ridiculous.

fabbygurl21

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that video was just a hot mess. The brush she set on fire is my favorite one out the brush set I purchased. lol

nichollecaren

I have decided not to buy the whole set for three brushes. I'll use that same money and get the MAC ones...fooey Sigma...I was your advocate!!

MzzRach

Let's refrain from repeating things like this graphic excerpt from the YT video in this thread. We welcome open discussion, but let's keep things in perspective, please and not perpetuate comments like this.

Thank you.

capmorlovesmac

Actually I do like the video. It is a breath of fresh air in between all the Sigma adulation videos.

I haven't read the comments so I don't know what is going on there.

The posted comment in the end of the video from Simone is quite interesting. Maybe I am biased but I am questioning a passion that is based on copying. MAC brushes are very popular and if you are a makeup and MAC lover you probably would like to own most of them. But they are pricey and because not everyone can afford all the MAC brushes they want it was quite clever to fulfill this need with copycat (oops.. I said it) brushes.

The only Sigma passion in these brushes is the "SS" they added before the MAC numbers. Sigma was building their identity as a brand only on the MAC hype and clearly want to attract people that can't or don't want to buy MAC brushes.

I think for the value the Sigma brushes are great and I probably would have bought a few of the new ones if they would be released as singles.
But what really turned me off Sigma was TiffanyD's review about the new $149 set.
The way she was throwing around her MAC brushes with all the "whatever"s like if they are just a piece of crap in comparison to the Sigma brushes was just too much for me.
It is her channel so of course she has every right to make such a review but because she is sponsored/supported by Sigma (especially on their website) I do connect how I see Sigma as a company with this video.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
The only Sigma passion in these brushes is the "SS" they added before the MAC numbers. Sigma was building their identity as a brand only on the MAC hype and clearly want to attract people that can't or don't want to buy MAC brushes.

But what is wrong with it?
th_dunno.gif

Every customer is still free to choose a MAC or a Sigma brush I think.

I have brushes from both, they are a great mixture all together. And equal in quality for me.

Enchantedcameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuzela
I oredered the Face Kit, I hope it arrives to Europe safe. I chose the standart shipping... *fingers crossed*

Enchantedcameo, sometimes things that go on planes get that funky smell from transport, it`s not necessariy their fault.

No it was definitely inside the package. Even inside the brush roll itself smelled very chemically. I love my brushes and they are very good quality. I would order again from them. I was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem or if it was just my set.
smiles.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
But what is wrong with it?
th_dunno.gif

Every customer is still free to choose a MAC or a Sigma brush I think.

I have brushes from both, they are a great mixture all together. And equal in quality for me.

Legally nothing (I think) but morally I think it is wrong to attack (or to let attack) the brand and its hype Sigma's success is based on. If there wouldn't have been a MAC hype there would be no Sigma.

christianad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Who did order the new set? Any other comments?

I bought the new set because they had alot of brushes in that set that I don't have from MAC but wanted. The only MAC brushes I have from that set are the 222, 226, and 217. =]

Thus far (I personally feel it's kind of premature) I really like them. I've only used them once but I've washed all of them and didn't experience an obscene amount of shedding and no bleeding at all.

They're just as soft as the brushes in the original set. =] I plan on doing a review once I've used them more and had them for a little longer. But based on first impressions I really do like them! =]

I am a fan of Sigma brushes and have both some MAC and some Sigma. I think together they pretty much cover all my bases as far as makeup brushes go. =P The premium kit really does compliment the original kit nicely. I totally agree that they should sell these brushes individually because it'd be convenient if I want a back up of certain brushes or for people who already have some of the MAC versions in this kit. Hopefully they start selling singles soon, if not, check SIGMA MAKEUP they seem to be selling alot of the sigma brushes individually. Hopefully they get brushes from the premium kit on that website soon! =]

Boasorte

Quote:
Legally nothing (I think) but morally I think it is wrong to attack (or to let attack) the brand and its hype Sigma's success is based on. If there wouldn't have been a MAC hype there would be no Sigma.

I agree with everything u said!
thmbup.gif

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
I have decided not to buy the whole set for three brushes. I'll use that same money and get the MAC ones...fooey Sigma...I was your advocate!!

haha... I hear you.

lenchen

Quote:
Actually I do like the video. It is a breath of fresh air in between all the Sigma adulation videos.

The posted comment in the end of the video from Simone is quite interesting. Maybe I am biased but I am questioning a passion that is based on copying. MAC brushes are very popular and if you are a makeup and MAC lover you probably would like to own most of them. But they are pricey and because not everyone can afford all the MAC brushes they want it was quite clever to fulfill this need with copycat (oops.. I said it) brushes.

I think for the value the Sigma brushes are great and I probably would have bought a few of the new ones if they would be released as singles.
But what really turned me off Sigma was TiffanyD's review about the new $149 set.
The way she was throwing around her MAC brushes with all the "whatever"s like if they are just a piece of crap in comparison to the Sigma brushes was just too much for me.
It is her channel so of course she has every right to make such a review but because she is sponsored/supported by Sigma (especially on their website) I do connect how I see Sigma as a company with this video.

very well said!

MissAlphaKitty

if the SS150 is as soft as people say it is, and the quality of the rest of the brushes is as good, $149 for premium brush set is not so bad. I just have sticker shock as it's way more than what I would spend on any cosmetic item at any time

(I can make use of SS150, SS129, SS131, SS138, SS165, SS217, and SS222)

Lapis

I recently got a SS 150 and it's soo NOT a MAC 150 dupe! However it is a MAC 134 dupe as it comes to shape
th_dunno.gif
, since I love my 134 and sold my MAC 150s because I never used them it's not a big let down but it wasn't expected

That's all I have to say since I only own 2 sigmas I bought off others to try and I prefer my MAC/Smashbox/Stila brushes

reesesilverstar

Quote:

Completely agree with this.

PeachTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantedcameo
No it was definitely inside the package. Even inside the brush roll itself smelled very chemically. I love my brushes and they are very good quality. I would order again from them. I was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem or if it was just my set.
smiles.gif

I just received my set in the post today. I got the original set, not the new one so I could try them out.

Mine also had a VERY strong chemical smell to them. I haven't washed them yet but they feel lovely and soft so far. I'm sure the smell will go away after I have washed them - but yes, mine was very, very chemically smelling.

wquty77

Ugh, so frustrated right now!!!

Why does Sigma insist on only offering the new brushes in a set!!! i just want a full sized ss217!!!

oh and the 165... Dangit.

Latest posts