Smashbox Photo finish and Monistat Chafing gel

Obreathemykiss

Okay this might be a dumb question and it might already be answered somewhere in here, but do you guys use your Monistat with a tinted moisturizer? I just got a new one and the tint only lasts a few hours but I think I will be counter-acting my mosturizer, primer, foundation routine being that I'm reversing the application?!! It's summer and I'm ditching the foundation unless I go out drinkin'. I'm gonna try it today and see how it goes...Please help! Thanks.

.k.

how do u use your monistat chafing gel?

I use mine mostly mixed in with moisturizer, and sometimes after moisturizer. I use about 2 pea sized drops. how much do u gals use?
yes.gif

amirah1980

For all you Monistat lovers out there…

Has anyone depotted it? If so how did you do it? I like the idea of the tube it comes in, but I don’t love the idea of someone seeing a cream on my vanity that says “Monistat” because more than likely they will think it is for something else. I thought of putting it in a jar, but I’m not sure how sanitary that is, etc. I would appreciate any comments you might have about it.

Thanks!

Raevyn

Quote:
Has anyone depotted it? If so how did you do it? I like the idea of the tube it comes in, but I don’t love the idea of someone seeing a cream on my vanity that says “Monistat” because more than likely they will think it is for something else. I thought of putting it in a jar, but I’m not sure how sanitary that is, etc. I would appreciate any comments you might have about it.

I try to avoid products in a pot. When oxygen comes in contact with the product, it can have alot of effect (eg. breaks down certain ingredients, can oxydise certain colours etc) and apart from that, products in potted form have much higher levels of bacteria than those in tube or pump form as your constantly dipping your fingers/brush/sponge into them. This is one of the reasons I'm swapping from my MAC foundation to another brand - the further I get into the bottle, the more I break out, and personally I hate pump bottles.

If you really want to depot it, try putting into one of those squeezy bottles that are now available for air travel.

94700.gif

These are from an Australian company called Manicare - I'm sure you guys would have something similar at Walgreens or Walmart though. The top clicks closed, so it helps prevent bacteria entering the product, but it means you won't have Monistat sitting on your vanity. I use these bottles for all sorts of things - conditioner, mixing medium, even taking salad dressing to work for my lunch!

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
blahh I wish I had read this before I went to Walmart! Must check again after class haha. Thank god for the self-checkout.

Amen! Haha. I went to buy some at CVS but our CVS doesn't have self check out (I've seen some that do!) so I didn't get it. I couldn't find it either, and I thought it would be in a section right next to the condoms, and I didn't want to just stand there staring at the condoms for a while
th_LMAO.gif
I'm kinda sad I just left, but it's fine. I've got enough Rimmel primer to last at least 3 more months. It's kind of
thmbdn.gif
but whatever.

By the way, has anyone tried the CVS version? On MUA, the reviews (7 of them) gave it a 5 out of 5, plus it's cheaper and not made by Monistat!
choochoo.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip75
The foundation.

I'm pretty sure BE foundation doesn't contain dimethicone...

Cinci

i have really oily skin and have been using this recently.. and so far, I like it!

It works great as a primer and it helps keep my skin less oily. normally I have to blot after an hour or so, but after using this, i can go 4 or 5 hours without my face looking oily.

I also have the smash box primer.. I like it for filling in the pores on my nose and a scan on my forehead, but have found it sometimes makes my face more oily...

the monistat chafing gel works the same for me as the smashbox, except it helps keep my skin from looking so oily... so no more buying smashbox for me...

tmarisco

I have used both products and here is my impression:

Smashbox has virtually no smell. I know it has a lot more extracts in it than the Monistat, but I can't detect the smell. It works VERY well for me as a primer. I use bare escentuals foundation, so the primer eliminates the "powder-on-top-of skin" look for me. I formerly mixed in MAC's Vanilla Pigment in with my moisturizer, but when I started using the primer, I noticed the pigment travelling a bit more than I would have liked, so I started moisturizing first and then applying the primer with the pigment mixed into it which worked VERY nicely.

Monistat has one major difference from Smashbox: it has a petroleum-like smell that might be unpleasant to some. Frankly, I don't care about its smell. Additionally, its texture is quite a bit thicker than the Smashbox. I prefer this thicker texture because for me, it's easier to judge how much product to dispense.

Aside from the price, Monistat has one HUGE advantage over the Smashbox product. PACKAGING!!! Unless you get the Photofinish in the travel-size tube, it comes in a glass pump dispenser bottle. Thus, when you start running low on product, there is about a tablespoon of primer that you will never get to unless you break the glass. Monistat comes in a tube and couldn't be easier to dispense.

ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW!!!!
Photofinish primer gained a lot of infamy early on because it has been known to cause severe cystic acne in people with large pores/acne prone skin/very oily skin. For that reason, Smashbox developed a primer for oily skin (for which Monistat has no equal). If you have any of these skin issues, THINK TWICE before getting either of these products.

My winner? Monistat by a landslide. I have no skin problems after using it, and I think a primer is an essential tool for mineral makeup wearers. I love it, I use it, and I'm sorry I dished out the money on the Smashbox in the first place.

k.a.t

I'm bumping this up because i have a question...

Has anyone with acne prone skin tried this monistat chafing gel? i'd really love to try it but im scared it's gonna break me out
ssad.gif

athena123

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t

Has anyone with acne prone skin tried this monistat chafing gel? i'd really love to try it but im scared it's gonna break me out
ssad.gif

HI kat, I no longer have acne prone skin, more combo/oily with the occasional breakout and no worries from this. I was really hesitant to try this primer because of all the 'cones, and I don't wear makeup everyday, but when I DO wear makeup, I want and need a smooth canvas for everything else. It hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation. Currently, I'm testing this along with Cargo blu-Ray Hi def primer and mattifier. As far as performance or appearance, its a draw. I should know within a week or so whether I plan to keep my Cargo mattifier or stick with Monistat gel on my makeup days (3-4 days a week)

Hope this helps,

Cinci

Quote:

ssad.gif

I have acne prone skin and it hasn't made me break out any more than I used to...

*JJ*

why oh why isn't this available in europe??
the smashbox photofinish primer is 38 euros over here..

ambicion6

I'm glad I found this thread!!! I was going to buy this tomorrow when i go to the mall, but im going to try this out first. hopefully they have it at my walgreens or cvs!

lesreid2

Quote:

ssad.gif

It says its non comedogenic(non acne causing) so you should be fine.

lesreid2

Quote:

ssad.gif

lesreid2

Quote:

ssad.gif