Smashbox Photo finish and Monistat Chafing gel

nibjet

where is this in walgreens? or walmart for that matter! I've been looking for it where the rest of the monistat is but I can't see anything anything not for yeast.. I don't want to spend too much time in that aisle if I don't have to! lol

sparklingmuse

omg...what a fantastic idea!
greengrin.gif
my old roomates father is a doctor and he did research on preparation h and he totally recomdended it. gotta ask them about this!
greengrin.gif

sharkbytes

It's too funny that it's 2am, and that I'm contemplating going to the 24-hour CVS just to try this out! I can put the money I save on smashbox towards more makeup
smiles.gif

gracetre123

I havent tried the smashbox yet, but I got this chafin gel at wal mart, and it really does a wonderful job, smothes the skin and feels really nice, give it a try it´s only 6 bucks..

snowflakes

Oh! I almost wanted to buy the smashbox photofinish primer when I read this read! I would love to try this chafing gel but its not available in Australia
th_dunno.gif
This is sad!

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I actually tried Prep H on the eyes and I just couldn't use it due to the smell. It smells like dead shark to me.

Use the clear gel. It has witch hazel, phenylphrine, and aloe vera. The shark oil kind is too greasy and obvious. I take it out of the tube and out it in a little container......

cdnaddict

i purchased the monistat gel in hopes that i could save muchos moolah on a face primer. i have fairly sensitive, fair, oily skin.. ya, i really got the short straw on that... and was willing to use it for a few days to test it out. regarding the vajay comment (sorry), it does say on the box that it is not intended for yeast infections. there are a few posters here who are correct: it is primarily for chafing of any body parts, not mainly for the vaginal area.

the gel felt pretty smooth on my face, similar to smashbox's primer, but bottom line it did not deliver. it made my makeup last for a couple hours more than without primer, but by the end of the day it certainly wasn't fresh looking. i broke down and bought a smashbox photo finish travel size at shoppers for $25 CAD (pain the butt!). i walked outside in -20 weather for about 30 minutes and was wearing my makeup over this primer for... 9 hours now and my makeup looks fresh! so its worth the money in my opinion.

lovelyweapon

i LOVE smashbox's photo finish primer so this comes as a huge surprise to me. i'm definitely open to giving it a try when i run out of my primer! thanks for sharing

Artphr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzkrizzlerocks
FYI Monistat chafing gel is NOT a Vagina cream. :durrr:

That is SOOO funny... because I know this post is kind of old, but I went to CVS today looking for it, and i said i needed "monistat" to the lady, and she looked at me like i was weird and started whispering to the other ladies... "she needs itch relief things"
lol and they recommended me a lotion to combat SKIN INFECTIONS CAUSED BY A SKIN PARASITE!!! eww.... so I left
wtff.gif

hahaha... i'll give it a try tomorrow
smiles.gif

JoeyEmma

Whats it like under mineral makeup?

Also, where in the UK can you get it other than ebay. It bugs me having to pay $20 (inc s&h) for a $6 product, when I know that it will only cost $4 to post

starletkiss

Usually, I'd be kind of intrigued about dupes... but vaginal cream? I dunno. Not to mention I'm not a big fan of smashbox primer. Personally, it makes my face kind of oily. But i hear soooo many good reviews about it. Am I the only one who doesn't like it???

urbanlilyfairy

I tried it ...i liked it at first ...then after about a week ..my cheeks got a weird flakiness to them when i would put this on ..and once i applied my foundation the edges would pill up and curl into little fluff of skin, primer, foundation.

In my experience ..not workies at all.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by starletkiss
Usually, I'd be kind of intrigued about dupes... but vaginal cream? I dunno. Not to mention I'm not a big fan of smashbox primer. Personally, it makes my face kind of oily. But i hear soooo many good reviews about it. Am I the only one who doesn't like it???

It's not a vaginal cream, it is a chafing gel.

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibjet
where is this in walgreens? or walmart for that matter! I've been looking for it where the rest of the monistat is but I can't see anything anything not for yeast.. I don't want to spend too much time in that aisle if I don't have to! lol

I am wondering the same!