Smashbox Photo finish and Monistat Chafing gel

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglebunny
i guess it's a lil late to post, but I've got simple questions:

When you put on either the actual smashbox or whether you put on the monistat, do you moisturize your skin before or after you put on the primer? Will it make a difference? Because I read everyone's comments and one said that it repels water...so I was thinking that a person would moisturize beforehand. However, I was wondering if the primer will still go on as great as it should even after you moisturize or will it cancel out the primer effect after moisturizing?

Is it okay to put sunscreen before or after the primer? I really want to keep my skin healthy from the sun so I was wondering if I had to give up sunscreen on my face for the primer.

I'm sorta a novice for makeup stuff...so, does a primer ONLY provide smooth application, or does it also help your makeup to stay for the day? If it does help the foundation/powder stay, how long does it make the makeup last?

Thank you =) hope i get a response even though I'm a bit late for this thread

That's some crazy questions you got there lol. I never really noticed a difference when i wait or not before applying primer after moisturizer. I use light moisturizers because heavy ones make me a greasy. If ur face is still uber wet, the primer might get diluted and runny. So as long as ur face is "dry", its fine to apply primer quickly after moisturizer.

no offence, but the repelling water on the face is seriously goofy lol.

yes, moisturizing the face before primers can make a difference. primers in nature are dry. if u don't moiturize your face before hand, you may have larger, more visibly dry flakes of skin. yuck.

sunscreen is kinda useless in my opinion. unless you plan on reapplying it after every few hours, you are doing worse for your skin. a moisturizer with spf in it should be good enough. if you are going to be in direct sunlight for a whole day, you should be using sunscreen designed for the face and you would have to reapply. i see no point in a primer here because u wouldnt be able to wear foundation very easily.. i cant imagine reapplying sunscreen and having to smear on more foundation.

anyways, i used to use sunscreen on my face a lot.. and my skin became very muddy and got darker and changed texture after that summer because i didnt reapply i guess. i stopped using sunscreen and stick with spf moisturizer and now my skin is back to normal...

hope that helps in some way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheeks
You put this on after moisturizer and before foundation, right? Anyone?

Generally, it goes like this:
Cleanser --> Toner --> Moiturizer --> Eye Cream --> Primer --> Concealer --> Foundation --> Finishing Powder

Tashona Helena

blahh I wish I had read this before I went to Walmart! Must check again after class haha. Thank god for the self-checkout.

Babylard

i got the chafing gel at shopper's drug mart (canada) for $10.99. I think it works Okay... I wish it was a little thicker. Given that it is a Gel... I guess the conisistancy is fair. I was using Sheer Cover primer which probably has more silicon and it covers my swimming pool pores better due to the thicker but non-greasy consistency. I saw a 20% silicon cream in the baby aisle. I'm gonna try that next, hoping its thicker. I imagine it would work very well mixed in with the monistat (found it in Shopper's Drug Mart near the pregnancy tests lol)

monistat is very lightweight and thinner if thats what you prefer but for someone like me who has swimming pool pores... it works just okay.

Tashona Helena

I've been using it for a little over a week and I've seen major improvement. My skin still gets a little oily but not as bad as it used to. For those who only used it for a day you might want to use it a little bit longer cause I noticed that it got a little better the next few days.
smiles.gif
Anyway, I'm very happy with it.

Obreathemykiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I've been using it for a little over a week and I've seen major improvement. My skin still gets a little oily but not as bad as it used to. For those who only used it for a day you might want to use it a little bit longer cause I noticed that it got a little better the next few days.
smiles.gif
Anyway, I'm very happy with it.

So you found this at Walmart after all? Last time I was there, I looked and it was a no go. What section please? Walgreens here doesn't have it anymore
ssad.gif

Tashona Helena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
So you found this at Walmart after all? Last time I was there, I looked and it was a no go. What section please? Walgreens here doesn't have it anymore
ssad.gif

Yup! It was in a section with the condoms, female creams/treatments, etc.
smiles.gif
HTH.

Tashona Helena

^ Maybe they don't blend it or something? They might put it thick thinking that it's gonna be more effective lol...but it's works just as well by blending it in.

islandblossom

wow, this is really interesting. I have to remember this the next time I'm going down the aisles at the grocery store. :]

rmcandlelight

I ordered from drugstore.com $6.99. It is awesome. I apply moisturer then the monistat gel then my foundation. Alittle goes along way. My walgreens didn't have it either.

nunu

Where can we find the monistat chafing gel in the UK? I really want to give it a try!

trip75

I really want to give this stuff a go but... I recently tried bare escentuals and had an allergic reaction to it. I read somewhere on specktra that alot of people are allergic to the dimethicone. The ingredients in the chafing gel include dimethicone also. Should I avoid the gel or give it a try? HELP!!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
The people I've seen wearing it have a white/gray cast to their face. It looks odd.

i have noticed this too o_O

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip75
I really want to give this stuff a go but... I recently tried bare escentuals and had an allergic reaction to it. I read somewhere on specktra that alot of people are allergic to the dimethicone. The ingredients in the chafing gel include dimethicone also. Should I avoid the gel or give it a try? HELP!!

Bare essentials primer or foundation?

darkwater_soul

My only concern with this would be the grade of dimethicone... they might be using a cheap alternative that would be bad for the delicate facial skin, and you wouldn't know it because the box won't tell you. Also, in the Smashbox there is Vit. C and grapeseed extract to be protecting the skin, whereas the monistat is just a bunch of cheap silicon parts. Just another version...