Smashbox Photo finish and Monistat Chafing gel

astronaut

Here are the ingredients of each product in case anyone wants to know.

Smashbox Photofinish Primer
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Carthamus Tinctorium (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Camellia Oliefera Leaf Extract, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, and Water

Monistat Chafing Gel
Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, tocopheryle acetate, trisiloxane

I use the Monistat Chafing Gel and I like it more than the photofinish primer. I found Photofinish to be too thick and heavy.

Ms.Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
just wondering ... who was like "hmmm lemme put my vagina cream on my face"

Hemorrhoid cream can be used to help with undereye circles. A lot of things are multipurpose. I can't say chafing gel would be the first thing I'd think of putting on as a primer, but it might work. It's really just a gel powder.

snugglebunny

wow...monistat has less ingredients than photofinish. that looks like it must be better for the skin because there are less chemicals on the face.

glamdoll

hmmm I dunno, I want to get the photo finish primer,but if this is cheaper and less expensive, I want to give it a try. Where can I get a sample tube of photo finish ? I went to sephora, but they had full size only.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
hmmm I dunno, I want to get the photo finish primer,but if this is cheaper and less expensive, I want to give it a try. Where can I get a sample tube of photo finish ? I went to sephora, but they had full size only.

ULTA should have some.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzkrizzlerocks
The tube is 1.5 oz. For every day use i think i'll last about 1 1/2 months.

Since it's sooo hard for you to find it at your local store, why don't you order it online at drugstore.com They sell if for $6.99.

it can last you for months if you don't use that much. i have use Laura Mercier primer which is 1.7 oz and that lasted me almost 10 months. i have also use it everyday.

SingFrAbsoltion

I bought this last week thanks to this thread and WOW it's great. It even makes my skin looks great before the foundation. I'd so recommend this =]

SparklingWaves

Thanks for the tip. I want to try this out too.

Yes, I too thought at first, "I thought it was just for the crotch area".

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Amaranthine
Hemorrhoid cream can be used to help with undereye circles. A lot of things are multipurpose. I can't say chafing gel would be the first thing I'd think of putting on as a primer, but it might work. It's really just a gel powder.

I actually tried Prep H on the eyes and I just couldn't use it due to the smell. It smells like dead shark to me.

aeni

My mom called to tell me how great the gel's working for her (she's 63). She said she's also noticed that her skin is feeling much better overall and can see a difference in texture without the gel on.

Regalis

Reading this thread had me SO EXCITED to try this, but after some rapid googling, I'm not sure it's sold in Australia
ssad.gif
does anyone know if it is, or...?

Jeisenne

I just saw this thread since it was bumped.

I've been using this since the summer, as I wanted to use some primer after I do the biore strips on my nose (to get rid of that open pore look) and it works beautifully. My man was like, "Why are you going to put that on your face?" and when I explained that I read on some asian beauty blog that the ingredients and result were similar, it was either a $5 tube of chafing gel or a $30 tube of primer from Sephora or MAC.

He said nothing after that.
smiles.gif

Another thing I like is that it's not as heavy as Laura Geller's Spackle or the Smashbox Photofinish, and there's no odor to the chafing gel. It also doesn't clog my pores and it doesn't make my nose an oil slick. I still have the same tube, and it's been a few months. If you're a beauty bargain hunter, this is a good find
smiles.gif

DaisyPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalis
Reading this thread had me SO EXCITED to try this, but after some rapid googling, I'm not sure it's sold in Australia
ssad.gif
does anyone know if it is, or...?

I'd also like to know where us Aussies are able to purchase this from
ssad.gif

Could anyone help us out?

Regalis

I had a look at Amazon.com, and other retailers sell it through them, but they can't ship here =/

redambition

Aussie girls - try a chemist
smiles.gif
i'm not sure if they'll have it over here, but if they do, that's where it will be.

alternatively, ethought sell it online. it's an australian website so you shouldn't have any issues with shipping.

DaisyPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Aussie girls - try a chemist
smiles.gif
i'm not sure if they'll have it over here, but if they do, that's where it will be.

alternatively, ethought sell it online. it's an australian website so you shouldn't have any issues with shipping.

I just had a look at ethought and even though it is listed on the website, when I click to buy it it directs me to Amazon.com unfortunately
ssad.gif

EDIT: Would anyone from the US be willing to buy some and put it on Ebay so Aussies could buy it? I don't mind paying a little bit extra for your trouble
smiles.gif

redambition

hmmm... that's a bit dodgy! it's labelled as "ship only within US" too.

Technically, they should not be advertising itmes for purchase if they can't deliver on that.

I've sent them an email through their contacct link to inform them that their site is displaying products that can't be purchased/delivered to Australia.

bearscanfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyPie
EDIT: Would anyone from the US be willing to buy some and put it on Ebay so Aussies could buy it? I don't mind paying a little bit extra for your trouble
smiles.gif

I'm going to check out my Walgreens (drugstore) tomorrow early afternoon and I plan on picking some of this up too. I could do a CP if you'd like! Just cover cost + shipping and I wouldn't mind at all
smiles.gif
I'd pm this all to you but, well...
newhere.gif
and definitely don't know how haha

Latest posts