So I'm overweight... so what?

PollyRhythm

I've been overweight all my life(within the past couple of years I've lost a little over 100lbs and still working on it). Believe it or not, makeup has actually helped me with my confidence level so much it's not even funny. I'm not going into a lot of detail but I will tell you that I've never gotten so many compliments from men and women in my life. It dosen't make me or break me in any way but I've come to love makeup because it's seriously fun as hell. I just started wearing makeup up August of this year and I'm a craft person so makeup in my eyes is a craft that can seriously never get boring because there are so many different techniques, looks, combos, etc that you can do and come up with that it's ridiculous.

Seriously, have fun with it. You can never be too big to wear makeup. I've seen plenty of women much, much bigger than me wearing makeup and they look beautiful with and without it.

abbey_08

i agree with the above! alot of my thinner friends (im not hating on thin women, we all have our own natural body shape and we should love it) always say how immaculate my makeup is. makeup is great at drawing out your best features

Ria

100 lbs!!! Wow, well done
clapping.gif
that's fantastic, you must be so proud of yourself x Thank you for your post, it (along with all the others) has really helped and I've decided that from tomorrow, I'm just gonna go for it
thmbup.gif

Thank you all
th_worship.gif

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
That's part of what I LOVE about makeup, I know that even if I gain some weight or lose some weight it will still fit me. Please post your FOTDS... I'm definitely over-weight too and I think make up can bring out people's natural beauty- no matter their size. It's about being creative and expressive... it can just make you feel good.

Same!! I'm about 10-15 pounds overweight and while a lot of my clothes aren't fitting, my make-up always will- plus it gives me the much needed added confidence!
yahoo.gif

I cannot WAIT to see your FOTD! Good luck sweetheart

NatalieMT

I think MACs motto is really that it's a brand for everyone and we should definitely stick to that. No matter what size or shape you are you can still look flawlessly made up and glamourous. I've always thought curvy women are very sexy. You shouldn't base doing a FOTD on your weight, Specktra is a very non judgemental community and like others have said we want to see your awesome talent and be inspired, not comment on your weight. It's a totally irrelevant factor.

I'm an underweight, pale, anaemic thing with Crohn's disease, on steroids trust me sometimes I look like a train wreck. So it works both ways really. I glow white in photos ha ha ha hence why I'm slightly scared to post photos of myself too. People have told me sometimes I look disgusting and washed out from time to time, not that I can really help it. We all have hang up about ourselves but I'm starting to realise we shouldn't let these things hold us back, especially in everyday life.

I bet most people here walk out of their houses with their full face on, full of confidence, so why not do the same here too and be confident in your skills.

Looking forward to your FOTD!

dz4shzy

Can I get a Big Girl high Five??? hahaha Im overweight, I get self consious too ALOT. I love makeup. I have a cubby face with some double neck issues, so I contour...contour...contour and highlight...Be proud and wear that make up girl!

BloodyWellRight

I'm about 20 pounds over weight but I plan to lose that after new years, hehe. As long as you aren't unhealthy (I do believe it's possible to be overweight but reasonably healthy too) then what's the big deal? You're never too "fat" to look gorgeous ^_~

blindpassion

Here on Specktra we embrace ANY women, big, small, short, tall, blonde, brunette, Asian, African, Caucasian. Seriously! Please don't ever be afraid to post on Specktra, this community is accepting of everyone and everything.
smiles.gif

ImMACnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Here on Specktra we embrace ANY women, big, small, short, tall, blonde, brunette, Asian, African, Caucasian. Seriously! Please don't ever be afraid to post on Specktra, this community is accepting of everyone and everything.
smiles.gif

-jiggles her flabby ass-

AMEN, SISTA-FRIEND
tong.gif

pdtb050606

I am considered overweight too, but you can't let it affect your self esteem... it's all in the way you see yourself. I know when I put on my makeup it's like I transform...it's a def boost for my self confidence. So go ahead and wear it with pride!
choochoo.gif

Ria

I can't thank you all enough!
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

I read everyone's posts, took it all on board and went for it with my festive make up and I got some amazing reactions.
cheerleader.gif

I'm really grateful to everyone who took the time to post, you all made my Christmas that much better!!!
flower.gif

A special thank you to NatalieMT for being so open xxx

santa.gif

jetplanesex

I think whoever said 'confidence is sexy' was dead on! I personally love seeing tutorials and fotd's from people of all shapes and sizes, it really shows how ANYONE can related to a love for makeup and how much makeup does for the self esteem of all! I'll be patiently waiting to see your pretty face :]