So I'm overweight... so what?

PaleBeauty6

I am also overweight! but I love food and Eating/Cooking. I go on doets and my weight drops but then i build it up again. so it's an endless cycle. I personally think bigger women are beautiful. you go and do your fotd and don't worry.

LMD84

i'm pretty over weight (uk size 18!!) and obviously i get paranoid about it but i never feel like i don't deserve to wear make up or that my make up should not be seen! one girl i know is also a little big and she always asks me how i have the nerve to draw attention to myself by wearing such bright and differnt looking make up to everyone else. and you know what? i couldn't give a shit! make up makes me look pretty and feel good about myself!

here on specktra all the girls (and guys!) are so incredibly sweet and supportive that you should post whatever you want to post! i've never posted a fotd here but mainly because i never have time to get snap happy before work each morning! otherwise i would have partly because i know that on thsi forum people take you as you come! big or small it really doesn't matter!

MAC_Pixie04

I don't really think that being overweight has much to do with makeup looks, really. I thought you meant like fashion looks.

I'm overweight and I don't have any issues with trying new looks.

...now clothes....I'm a lot more particular and cautious about what I put on.

NtheSticks

You have two issues in your line. So what?

don't worry about the scale, kiddo. Can you move? can you breath? can you work? if you needed to carry groceries a block or two can you do it? if you need to walk the two miles to work can you do it in less than an hour? Do you spend time doing something besides sitting on the couch or in front of the computer? food: is your intake balanced between what's good for you n addition to some that are meant to be enjoyed in moderation (or small amounts like D's 'crack cookies'?)

that number on a scale is truly a poor measurement. Walk tall and with confidence, and you'll be a beautiful woman. Health isn't just that number on that scale.

here's to a healthy New Year.

ChicaBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Here on Specktra we embrace ANY women, big, small, short, tall, blonde, brunette, Asian, African, Caucasian. Seriously! Please don't ever be afraid to post on Specktra, this community is accepting of everyone and everything.
smiles.gif

...and the MAC men, too!

BabiDoll2185

I'm glad to see you said that you have posted. Please don't let your weight stop you from anything. I'm a lil overweight too and I've found nothing but the sweetest people on here and (mostly) in the makeup industry in general who want to see your talent not the size of your waist (or boobs, butt, etc.)!

Ria

Right, I've decided two things!

1) I'm gonna make some NY resolutions to be more healthy and stick with them so I can do something (hopefully) about my weight and stop being negative (and join the health forum on here), and

2) Enjoy the journey and be thankful for who I am and what I've got before it's too late.

Thank you everyone for your input, you've alll helped me out of a black hole when I needed it most
th_cheerup.gif

Thank you!!!
th_happy1.gif
bigheart.gif

BEA2LS

i'm overweight and what i love about make-up is that it does not have a size
smiles.gif

people notice my make-up and i get compliments when i am made up. nothing to do with size. we wanan see your make up!!
smiles.gif