So You Think You Can Dance!

Makeup Emporium

^^^I know I was surprised to (I am also a House watcher). The regular days are Tuesday and Wednesday. The Tues is the dance and the Wed is normally the kickoff. This time it is 2 hours tonight and the dance and kickoff are the same night. Usually people can vote but this time the judges decide the first 2 to go.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
^^^ yes, there are 2 sort of kick of episodes this week (the next one the judges will vote 2 dancers off) - and then I believe next week is when the normal format starts (performance show one night, and results show the next).

Oops...you beat me!
th_wink3.gif

Makeup Emporium

I have to ask...why was Russell in the bottom 2 guys?? I thought that he was def better than Kevin at least. Did you hear all the boos when they announced him? The other 3 got a couple of boos but the whole crowd booed when Russel's name was called! Boy has some serious fans (me included). He's going to do really well once the audience gets to vote.

It was great to see his solo though...he killed it!!

Camnagem

I'm so glad to read that there are no health problems or concerns for Mia. It seems that this was just her time to go and do something new. I wish her nothing but the best, but I will miss her amazing routines!

As for the dancers...I loved the Monday night show where they got to showcase their skills in their actual styles, that was great. Loved Wade's routine, so fabulous (Jacob stole the show for me)!!

Tuesday was an interesting first competition night. Finding out Billy Bell is gone for the season really bummed me out...loved him. I thought Russell did a pretty damn good job on his Fox Trot and have no idea why he was in the bottom 2 guys...maybe they just wanted to show his solo for more votes from America down the line? Who knows. Loved Travis' routine, Dave Scott's hip hop and Sonja's jazz routines!! Can't wait for more.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Tuesday was an interesting first competition night. Finding out Billy Bell is gone for the season really bummed me out...loved him. I thought Russell did a pretty damn good job on his Fox Trot and have no idea why he was in the bottom 2 guys...maybe they just wanted to show his solo for more votes from America down the line? Who knows. Loved Travis' routine, Dave Scott's hip hop and Sonja's jazz routines!! Can't wait for more.

I hope Billy Bell is OK - so sad to hear that he was ill and had to pull out of the show. From what we had been shown so far -he is an AMAZING dancer.

Jakob - WOW. Just WOW.

I agree that perhaps the judges intentionally put Russell in the bottom 2 just to see his solo. He is a beast! I just love him, he's just got that "thing".

Loved Sonja's jazz routine. She is so inventine and unique.

spectrolite

Okay now What. The. Hell.... I cannot believe that they got rid of Bianca. She was fantastic!
shockt.gif
The look of heartbreak on her face, her families faces and her fellow dancers faces pretty much summed up how I felt. Bad decision judges.

Camnagem

Warning: Long post ahead, sorry!
lol.gif

Random thoughts from this week's episode (which I was pretty iffy about to be totally honest, and I LOVE this show!):

Tennis? Tennis with Hip Hop? Really? Come on now!
lol.gif
I still adore Russell, he's fabulous.

Damn, Jakob picked ballroom...argh! I can't wait to see him do just about anything else. I don't like Ashleigh, not sure why the judges do. Hmmph.

The Broadway routine...eh. I like Victor and Bianca, but this was just sort of blah for me. Bummer, again!

Nathan and Mollee's Bollywood routine was pretty good. I always love the Bollywood routines, but this wasn't my favorite...it seemed easier maybe? I'm not quite sure, but the last 2 seasons were much better, imo.

Phillip and Channing + Samba = ick. Not much else to say, it looked totally awkward and anything but effortless.

Am I the only one who isn't madly in love with Karen? It feels like it!
lol.gif
The hip hop routine with Kevin was decent, but I really didn't think she was nearly as fantastic as the judges did. She's a stunning woman, but that doesn't mean she can do no wrong. Kevin however, rocked it out.

I think I'm falling for Legacy...
lol.gif
He was really great this week, surprisingly so. Kathryn's my favorite girl so far, she's a beautiful emotional dancer. I am absolutely crazy about Stacey's routine, saving that on the DVR for a while!

Oh thank you dance gods...a Wade routine!! I loved the concept, so damn cool. Peter seemed to really grasp the character and shocked the hell out of me, he was really great! Pauline is a great dancer, but didn't seem to pull off the concept as well in my eyes. It's like Pauline was dancing as the character and Peter was the character, who happened to be dancing.

I really liked the Argentine Tango! Ellenore pulled it off like a champ and Ryan is still smoking hot. The routine was totally believable and interesting...loved it.

What did you guys think? Who are your favorites so far?

MzzRach

Great recap on last week's performance show, Camnagem.

My favourite thing out of both shows this week was the Dave Scott routine that opened the results show. HOT.

Loved Nigel's redressing of Nathan and Mollie when they were "saved". They had better step it up because their showing this week was pretty bad.

Russell is love.

Makeup Emporium

I can't believe they let Channing go over Karen this week. Not that I'm a fan of Channing necessarily but I would certainly pick her over Karen! I don't know why the judges keep saving Karen; I personally can't stand her!

Sorry to see Kevin go but there is still Russell and Legacy to represent and they are both better overall dancers than Kevin.

Still LOVING Russell!!

Camnagem

So sick of Karen...really, let her go already! She can go "smolder" somewhere else.
throwup.gif

I'm still loving Russell too! He seems like such a genuine and warm person to boot. Love his smile.
yes.gif

I thought Legacy and Kathryn were awesome this week with the paso doble! He's adorable too, loved the video from his childhood and his dad bribing him to dance.
lol.gif

MzzRach

Yay for the top ten! I am glad that Karen was let go - I think they made the right decision. I was sad about Victor, though. Nathan had better step it up, and quickly.

Makeup Emporium

I have been over Karen for weeks so I was glad she was finally cut. I wish they had cut Nathan instead of Victor because Nathan irritates me. He really needs to grow up...he seems really cocky and it's not a nice trait.

MzzRach

I can't believe we are already down to the top 8 - this season is flying by!

Jakob + Ellenore + Sonja = the holy trinity of dance. Wow, was that jazz routine stellar this past week! Amazing.

Can't wait for this week. I am enjoying the season, but I really miss Mia Michaels' routines.

Camnagem

Rach, that Sonja routine was incredible....loved it.

I'm really missing Mia too. She had a way of pulling something extra out of the dancers for special moments on stage.

My husband and I look forward to Russell's solos every week now! He is just spectacularly entertaining to watch. Each week that passes Jakob seems to get better and better as well. He's one of the most talented dancers I've ever seen! He can do no wrong...in any genre of dance. Truly special performer. Kathryn is my fave of the girls, really hoping she makes the finals.

I felt so bad for Ashleigh this week, and how adorable was it for Ryan to give out her number after his solo?!? Awww...what an honestly touching moment.

MzzRach

I felt bad for Ashleigh too this week - when the show started I was not very keen on her, but I am really digging her progression. I wish her luck for tonight.

How fun was Russell's santa solo?

So, if the finale is next week, looks like there are 6 dancers in the finale instead of 4 as they have been doing previous seasons?

Makeup Emporium

^^^I felt the same way about Ashleigh at first as well but am now happy to see her in the finale. It seems like the season went by really fast as the finale is already next week! Can't wait to see Ashleigh & Ryan dance together! Quite the talented family.

Loved Russel as well. He KILLED the Bollywood number! It was fantastic! I would love to see him win the whole thing. He has by far grown the most out of all of them and seems to put everything into every performance!