Sorry for being lame, but can you pls guess how old I am? Need to know how old i look

SparklingWaves

You stated you wanted brutal honesty. I thought you could be anywhere from 17 - 27. It's a combo of many factors. You are in really poor lighting in these pictures. You showing just a head shot photos. You are displaying yourself with sophisticated m/up and hairstyle in all of these photos. I got the impression from one of the photos that you were not happy with your appearance. If that is the case, I have no idea why.

When I was 14, I could look 22 with a change of hairstyle and m/up. Hairstyle and m/up does make one look different.

If you had your hair pulled up in a loose high pony tail, pink lip gloss, and some mascara, you would look around 17 tops.

That last picture is the best. You have got to smile. You can look sophisticated or like a free spirited youth in a snap. You have that ability.

You are gorgeous!

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
So your real age is.....

hehe i can't say yet... i'm still doing my makeup but with really light foundation and then have to take new pics to see if that help first. i am not even close to finished yet... i am going to take new pics and post them when im done to see if that helps
smiles.gif

jenntoz

In the first pic I thought around 25 but in the next two I thought you wer much younger, like 16. So I'll guess 18

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
You stated you wanted brutal honesty. I thought you could be anywhere from 17 - 27. It's a combo of many factors. You are in really poor lighting in these pictures. You showing just a head shot photos. You are displaying yourself with sophisticated m/up and hairstyle in all of these photos. I got the impression from one of the photos that you were not happy with your appearance. If that is the case, I have no idea why.

When I was 14, I could look 22 with a change of hairstyle and m/up. Hairstyle and m/up does make one look different.

If you had your hair pulled up in a loose high pony tail, pink lip gloss, and some mascara, you would look around 17 tops.

That last picture is the best. You have got to smile. You can look sophisticated or like a free spirited youth in a snap. You have that ability.

You are gorgeous!

I am not sure how to get better lighting, the first pic was taken in daylight and the other pics in my livingroom but there was a light right next to me...

I will try to take body shots later too but it's hard because I am taking the pics of myself so it won't work unless I take a picture of me standing in front of the mirror and take a pic of the mirror. I think I will take one of those too when I am done and then you guys can tell me if that helps.

Yes, I do have sophisticated style makeup and clothes in all the pics because that's what I usually dress like in real life. About the smiling thing, I have braces and I am very self conscious, I cannot smile until they come off and I have my teeth bleached and they look perfect. I just don't feel comfortable right now, even though I am sure the braces will make me look younger; it just doesn't make me feel attractive and I don't feel comfortable smiling.

Thank you for your great insight!
smiles.gif

urbanlilyfairy

hmh i don't see how anyone is guessing nearly 28 ..to me you look pretty young especially after the first pic ..I would guess 19 or so lol ..come on and tell us already hehe Im ready to know your real age hehe

TheeBettyBoop

28?
You look really pretty though. Remember that if you feel young in heart and are happy with yourself, regarless your age, you will always look radiant and young.

jackie100

Quote:
You showing just a head shot photos.

Can the body shot really help to show age as well, if someone's looking old or younger? I'm about to take some right, don't know what to wear tho... lol

kaexbabey

i think you could be anywhere from 16-25. but my guess is .. 19. idk i noticed that with asian girls we can look either really young or older than what we really are!

kimmy

reading your replies, i have to say...i don't know why you're so worried about all this. you seem to be really unhappy with yourself, or maybe just insecure...and that's sad. you're a very pretty girl, whatever your age may be.

people always think i'm younger than i am when i'm at work, one time the fire dept had to come to my job for something and the captain asked me if i was a volunteer because he didn't think i was old enough to work there...that was after thirteen months of working there. it sucks because alot of people don't take me seriously because they just pass me off as "some dumb kid."

look at the bright side, you probably have an advantage in looking like you're in your twenties. as sad as it is, our society always puts more trust in people the older they are (or the older they're thought to be.)

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
reading your replies, i have to say...i don't know why you're so worried about all this.

My thoughts exactly.

jackie100

A few people suggested too lighten up the foundation, so that's what I did and just uploaded some new pics. I also figured out how to use the self timer on my camera so that helps too.

As for my skin I am wearing super light foundation (less than 1 drop) diffused with fix and no concealer, also no MSF powder, no bronzer, no highligther, only blush and contour powder.

Of course I am wearing eye makeup tho.

And I'm wearing very "unsophisticated" clothing, a hello kitty top and just jeans, to help me appear younger.

Do I look younger now??

imageCE1.jpg

imageHR4.jpg

imageDM3.jpg

Also a body shot, but its very fuzzy, for some reason I can't take clear bodyshots when taking pics of the mirror

imageGPR.jpg

Younger now or still older looking? I can handle the truth.
smiles.gif

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
reading your replies, i have to say...i don't know why you're so worried about all this. you seem to be really unhappy with yourself, or maybe just insecure...and that's sad. you're a very pretty girl, whatever your age may be.

people always think i'm younger than i am when i'm at work, one time the fire dept had to come to my job for something and the captain asked me if i was a volunteer because he didn't think i was old enough to work there...that was after thirteen months of working there. it sucks because alot of people don't take me seriously because they just pass me off as "some dumb kid."

look at the bright side, you probably have an advantage in looking like you're in your twenties. as sad as it is, our society always puts more trust in people the older they are (or the older they're thought to be.)

No, I'm not unhappy, I just want to know how old I really appear to others and I just like to know how I am being perceived. I just want to know how others are really perceiving me and how I am coming across. I think it's just interesting to know the truth
smiles.gif

I don't want to live in a lie and delude myself; for example think that I look young when I really appear old to others or vice versa.
I just want to be entrenched in reality and know the truth.

MACGIRL68

25? IDK but there seems to be something so serious or pained in the look of your eyes. Maybe you just need to smile. Either way you are beautiful.

SparklingWaves

I was thinking on the lines of style of dress.

One of my nieces has the ability to look different ages with styles that blows my mind. With quick makeup and a dress casual summer dress, she looks like a teen. With a classic suit and her hair up in in a French bun, she looks like very sophisticated woman on the go in her late twenties. Sometimes, she will do a Gothic or edgy rock look too. Sometimes, I don't even recognize her. I just see someone approaching me with a big hug and a kiss.
smiles.gif

BTW -She just made 19.

Forgive me on my grammar. I type way too fast.

aziajs

You still look 28 to me, you just look like a 28 year old dressed in a teenager's clothes.

Lexxiii

Around 20-24 I'd say, not much older than that. You have a very petite body but I'd say that your face looks more mature than a teenager's.

jackie100

Quote:
I was thinking on the lines of style of dress.

One of my nieces has the ability to look different ages with styles that blows my mind. With quick makeup and a dress casual summer dress, she looks like a teen. With a classic suit and her hair up in in a French bun, she looks like very sophisticated woman on the go in her late twenties. Sometimes, she will do a Gothic or edgy rock look too. Sometimes, I don't even recognize her. I just see someone approaching me with a big hug and a kiss.
smiles.gif

BTW -She just made 19.

Forgive me on my grammar. I type way too fast.

Clothing and style of dress can definitely make a big difference
smiles.gif
In my new pics I just took I am wearing just a Hello Kitty top and jeans...

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
You still look 28 to me, you just look like a 28 year old dressed in a teenager's clothes.

Ok, thanks for being honest
smiles.gif