Sorry for being lame, but can you pls guess how old I am? Need to know how old i look

babiid0llox

Maybe 23 or 24? You look like a different age in every pic though, hehe.

You're gorgeous btw
winks.gif

SparklingWaves

You are a doll. I am being honest. Really, I am.

Did someone say something hateful to you? What happened?

I mean really. Even if you are 9 and can look like a hot older teen or twenty something, what is wrong with that? You are beautiful. You need to see that yourself.

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
You are a doll. I am being honest. Really, I am.

Did someone say something hateful to you? What happened?

I mean really. Even if you are 9 and can look like a hot older teen or twenty something, what is wrong with that? You are beautiful. You need to see that yourself.

No, no one said anything hateful to me at all
smiles.gif
I may come across as insecure, it's just very important for me to always know the truth because I don't want to be delusional. For example, if I have gained some weight I would like all my close friends to let me know so I can exercise and eat right so I can get back into shape, I would not want them to lie to me so I can just keep on eating and letting myself ago. I am just using this as an example, btw.

If I really do look old I would like to know; personally I think there's nothing wrong with enhancing oneself with plastic surgery, botox etc as long as you have a healthy state of mind. If there is something I don't like about myself I can always fix it; the only person I have to please is myself, but I would need to know the absolute truth first.

It's just important to me to know how I am being perceived in general. I don't have low self-esteem, I don't hate myself, and no one has said anything hurtful to me. I just like to know what I look like. I thought it would be rather normal to know how you are being perceived, I didn't think it would be perceived as unhappiness or insecurity. I just like to know what I look like
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

The thing is, none of our opinions are facts or truth so asking us is just asking our perception and this thread won't necessarily prove anything because if different people answered you could have ended up with different answers.

In the second set, your makeup makes you look better using less but you still appear the same age to me as I said before. Anyway no matter your age you still are pretty.

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
The thing is, none of our opinions are facts or truth so asking us is just asking our perception and this thread won't necessarily prove anything because if different people answered you could have ended up with different answers.

In the second set, your makeup makes you look better using less but you still appear the same age to me as I said before. Anyway no matter your age you still are pretty.

You are have a great point, however if I have the "perceptions" of a large number of people I can "average" them out and have a general idea what the majority of people think. Of course perceptions vary from person to person but I can still gather a general consensus of what most people think.

For example, if I am 35 but everyone else thinks I'm 25 then that's great; It doesn't make me 25 of course (I would still be 35 in reality) but as long as everyone else around me perceives me as 25, it would be meaningful to me to know that that is the age that I am actually coming across as.

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Yeah I get that but why does it matter to you what strangers think of your age? I just think you have no need to worry.

I don't really know, I'm just curious to know what they think, and to be honest probably part of it is vanity and self-obsession...

SparklingWaves

I am glad to hear that no one was saying hateful things to you.

Honestly, I really think you don't realize how beautiful you are. Looking a certain age isn't an issue here.
smiles.gif

My dear poster, you don't know what you possess. You have a look that can pull off so many styles - sophistication, classy, sexy, youthful, dramatic , and the latest trends. That is a list just off the top of my head.

Don't even mention Botox. Are you kidding me?

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I am glad to hear that no one was saying hateful things to you.

Honestly, I really think you don't realize how beautiful you are. Looking a certain age isn't an issue here.
smiles.gif

My dear poster, you don't know what you possess. You have a look that can pull off so many styles - sophistication, classy, sexy, youthful, dramatic , and the latest trends. That is a list just off the top of my head.

Don't even mention Botox. Are you kidding me?

Thank you for your kind words.
smiles.gif

No botox yet of course, since I am (relatively) young, but once I get to the age when I have some crows feet or wrinkles I might consider it. Hopefully that won't be for a while though.

ms_bloom

You look to me like someone who is in their mid to late twenties but who looks young for their age - as someone said before, you have quite "mature" features but your skin looks young. As others have said, I think perceived age is really in how you present yourself and although in your later pictures you are wearing "younger" clothes, your hair and makeup is still quite sophisticated.

I know you said you're not sad or insecure but not smiling, even with braces, can make you insecure or sad. I know my twin cousins' personalities both changed when they had to get braces, they stopped smiling and laughing and became much more serious girls.

My question would be, why can't you trust your own assessment of how old you look?

And strangely, I think asking us all how old you look put the idea in my mind that you were really younger but thought you looked older, or had been told that you looked older.

aziajs

Even though you have explained yourself several times I still feel like there is something that you aren't saying. The entire thing seems odd to me because you seem to be going to great lengths to find out how people perceive you, as though it's really important to you. I can't help but wonder why. What does it mean either way?

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Even though you have explained yourself several times I still feel like there is something that you aren't saying. The entire thing seems odd to me because you seem to be going to great lengths to find out how people perceive you, as though it's really important to you. I can't help but wonder why. What does it mean either way?

Well, I admit I have always have cared about what others think or how others perceive me, it's not the healthiest way to be, but no one is perfect... That's the reason why I wear makeup or get dressed up etc so I can be perceived a certain way. Others opinions do count, I mean if they didn't I would walk outside with no makeup on, I put it on because I want others to perceive me a certain way, I certainly don't want to be perceived as scary (which is what I look like without it on). I know it's important to be happy with yourself and that most people like to say that "it doesn't matter what others think", but to me, it does. Image is very important to me and as shallow as it may sound, so is looking young. If others think I look young, it just makes me happier. If they think I look old, then I know it's time for more desperate measures beauty wise.

jackie100

Ok, I think it's only fair that I reveal my true age. For some reason a lot of people thought I was "younger" and worried because I looked "older". I am actually "older" and I have always been told that I look younger for my age but I wanted to know exactly how young.

I've gotten some very varying answers in this thread anywhere from 19-28.
My real age is actually : 30! Even though I am 30 I am not happy looking
like a 25-28 year old at all , even if 25-28 IS in fact younger than my real age, I can't say I am too thrilled about looking that age range.

All my life people have told me I look a lot younger than I really am, I even have had some people tell me I look 16 etc but I am pretty sure they were lying. It's quite possible that the people in real life DID think I looked 25-28 but perhaps they were being diplomatic and polite and therefore told me what they thought I wanted to hear. I have a friend who told me that I was the youngest looking person she knew, but apparently I can come across as "old" as well.

Also, I get a lot of weird looks sometimes when I show my drivers license when buying beer for example, sort of like the cashier thinks it's fake when they see my DOB = 1978. And sometimes I feel like people treat me like a "kid" and don't take me seriously in real life so I "thought" that it was because I looked "young" but it's possible that it was all in my head and imagined it all along. I know I look young FOR 30 but not as young as I originally thought.

In person I might look younger (I think) because I'm barely 5 ft tall and under 90 lbs OR it could be that I just look like a REALLY SMALL 25-28 year old in teenagers clothing
tong.gif

So perhaps its excessive vanity, but I would LIKE to appear as early 20's... even tho if I look mid 20's I can live with that. I am not thrilled with it, but I can live it. If I ever feel like I look TOO old, I can always fix it with some botox. Even though I'm not even sure if THAT is the key to looking younger, because I don't have any wrinkles at all and I still look mid 20's. I guess it's just old mature features. A bit hard to change that. But no worries. I am not unhappy with myself or anything. Of course I would love to look Forever21, but fact is that no one can, right?

I may come across as insecure to you or as looking for too much validation/reassurance from others, but I'm ok. It's just vanity.

User93

Cmon, you should be happy about it! Dont let this things make you feel down, lookking younger is every womans dream.. If i wasnt too late, i would guess 21 years old. Damn, i wish i look like you when im 30!

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

Also, because it's important for me too look young, I would like to preserve whatever "youthfulness" I have for as long as possible and I probably do whatever it takes (I'm talking beauty treatments, lasers, etc) to look as young for as long as I can.

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
And strangely, I think asking us all how old you look put the idea in my mind that you were really younger but thought you looked older, or had been told that you looked older.

Sadly, it's actually the opposite. I am actually older but was always told I looked younger but apparently that's not entirely true because some people guessed me to be mid to late twenties. For some reason I thought I looked more early 20's, late twenties is a bit disappointing to me to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
You look to me like someone who is in their mid to late twenties but who looks young for their age - as someone said before, you have quite "mature" features but your skin looks young. As others have said, I think perceived age is really in how you present yourself and although in your later pictures you are wearing "younger" clothes, your hair and makeup is still quite sophisticated.

I know you said you're not sad or insecure but not smiling, even with braces, can make you insecure or sad. I know my twin cousins' personalities both changed when they had to get braces, they stopped smiling and laughing and became much more serious girls.

My question would be, why can't you trust your own assessment of how old you look?

I always thought I had a youthful looking face. I guess I'm delusional. I'm not sure what a "mature" face is, I just automatically associate the world "mature" with "old". I didn't think my hair or makeup looked sophisticated in the latter pics at all, I see some teens with uber sophisticated makeup, really black smokey eyes and super glossy lips etc And as for my hair, it's unwashed hair from yesterday, all I did was comb it...

I never smiled or laughed a lot even when I was younger, I'm just not naturally a very "happy go lucky" person, I have always been extremely introverted, shy and serious, even from a very early age. Another reason why I don't smile in pictures is because it makes my face appear more rounder then it already is; it puffs up my cheeks which I really hate. That's why I contour my cheeks and like to wear my hair covering the sides of my face; so that my face will appear more narrow.

I do trust my own assessment of how old I look like yet I still care about what others think. I work very hard to stay looking young (use all kinds of serums, never leave home without spf, always reading online about the latest technological breakthroughs in skincare etc), so it makes me a bit happier inside if people think I look young as well.

ms_bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100
Sadly, it's actually the opposite. I am actually older but was always told I looked younger but apparently that's not entirely true because some people guessed me to be mid to late twenties. For some reason I thought I looked more early 20's, late twenties is a bit disappointing to me to be honest.

Why is it sad that it's the opposite? It's good that people think you look younger. A few years either way is no big deal - especially since we are going off photos and aren't getting the full picture. I look younger than my age too, but I'm glad that my "perceived" age is ageing a little. I don't want people thinking I look too young forever. I don't want potential bosses, clients, partners, etc. thinking I'm still 21 (I'm 29 in a month).

Quote:
I always thought I had a youthful looking face. I guess I'm delusional. I'm not sure what a "mature" face is, I just automatically associate the world "mature" with "old". I didn't think my hair or makeup looked sophisticated in the latter pics at all, I see some teens with uber sophisticated makeup, really black smokey eyes and super glossy lips etc And as for my hair, it's unwashed hair from yesterday, all I did was comb it...

Mature means you don't have a baby face. Your "look" is grown-up but like I said in my first message, in these pictures your skin looks very smooth and youthful.

Quote:
I do trust my own assessment of how old I look like yet I still care about what others think. I work very hard to stay looking young (use all kinds of serums, never leave home without spf, always reading online about the latest technological breakthroughs in skincare etc), so it makes me a bit happier inside if people think I look young as well.

I think it's great to be proactive in making sure you aren't ageing prematurely but there just seems to be this undertone of ... I don't know ... thinking about it a little too much? There is nothing more attractive than confidence!