Sorry for being lame, but can you pls guess how old I am? Need to know how old i look

jackie100

Thank you MissBloom for your response.

Yes it is nice that people think I look younger, it's just that I'm disappointed because I really thought I could pass for early 20's; for some reason some people in real life have told me that I could pass for that young. I was hoping I still could. I want my "perceived age" to be as far away from my real age as possible (younger).

I am self-employed and don't have to interact with anyone face to face at all so I wouldn't mind looking 21, I would totally love it.

I agree with you, confidence is very attractive. I'll be honest, I am a *bit* (to say the least) obsessed/addicted with trying to look as youthful as I can. I do think about it a lot, as you said, I spend a lot of time researching new skincare products/serums on Makeupalley etc...

I do really try to be as confident as I can.
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Hmm.. I lived in a community where 70% of the population is asian .. Honolulu, Hawaii.., and i know most asian women and men look very very very young from their actual ages. But theres always one thing to make an asian womans face appear more matured.. Filling in your eyebrows, works everytime.

I would guess you look around 24, omg please dont tell us your 35 or something becaue you need to share with us your miracle genes!

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Hmm.. But theres always one thing to make an asian womans face appear more matured.. Filling in your eyebrows, works everytime.

Do my eyebrows look filled or no? I did fill them with powder.. Should I have defined it even more? I didn't want to overdefine it because I was afraid it would look harsh. My eyebrows are mess btw, I have not had them threaded for weeks and the hairs grow down.

I did reveal my age earlier... Im 30 btw.

Shimmer

This is silly.
I understand not wanting to look one's age, but doesn't it seem to be a bit overboard to post a fishing expedition then be disappointed with the catch?

jackie100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
This is silly.
I understand not wanting to look one's age, but doesn't it seem to be a bit overboard to post a fishing expedition then be disappointed with the catch?

I apologize and yes it was silly me. I just deleted all the pics. Thank you to everyone who responded, I appreciate everyone taking the time out to answer my question. I did receive a lot of great advice and answers already so I decided to remove the pics. And I did deserve everything I catched and I apologize if I offended anyone by not being happy with the answers I received.

Simply Elegant

Worrying and stress speeds up the aging process so i think you should just focus on being happy with what you actually look like now.

hollyca

I can't see the photos but if you're that worried, I would never, ever ever leave the house without SPF 30 on. That's the best tip I can give you.
smiles.gif
But if people are telling you that you look 5 years younger than your age, I'd be very happy!

SparklingWaves

jackie100, I thought it was brave of you to put up your pictures for "brutal honesty". I feel you got a lot of really good feedback.

I didn't think what you did was lame at all. Years ago, there used to be a program on that showed women being put in a see through booth to be given feedback by the general public about how old they really looked to others. The majority of the women had no insight at all into how old they really looked. They gained a lot of insight from the experience.

I don't think people you know are lying to you. That's why I gave such a big range. You appeared to me even in your pictures to be petite and could pull off a general overall teen look successfully in person. Yet, one could say there is an young adult lady there too.

While you may not feel that you can smile widely due to the braces, you can smile on the inside.
smiles.gif