Stalked @ Sephora?

S.S.BlackOrchid

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
the testers may be hard to steal, but the actual product is so so easy. Its just there ripe for the picking! Also, i find the fact that there stock drawers (under the gondolas) do not luock to be ridiculous. its practically inviting theft.

If that's the case, they should keep testers out, but keep the actual products locked (much like in a department store). If they have enough staff that one can be dedicated to following me around, they should have no problem getting products for customers when they ask for it.
 

lyttleravyn

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
If that's the case, they should keep testers out, but keep the actual products locked (much like in a department store). If they have enough staff that one can be dedicated to following me around, they should have no problem getting products for customers when they ask for it.

Except when the store is swamped - new releases of products, sales, holiday shopping, etc. or understaffed b/c of illness/callout/lack of hours. How quickly would customers be complaining that it takes so long to get any products?

Believe me, sometimes I wish most of our stock was kept in locked glass cases but then we get a rush and 20 people are asking for different things that are already out and I change my mind.
 

jmgjwd

New member
locking up the stock might be a good idea anyways..on both my trips to Sephora this weekend.. 2 of the things I bought were clearly used 'tried out'....don't know if they restocked 'returns' or someone had tested them, yucky!)....
 

shatteredshards

New member
The way I (don't) get service in Sephora, locking up their stock would guarantee I wouldn't set foot in their store. I have to fight to get employee help when the place is friggin empty, it's not worth my time.
 

Mabelle

New member
I just think the stock kept in the drawers should be locked. I mean they are packed to the brim and just anyone can go in there and help themselves
 

L1LMAMAJ

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Lip gloss is actually a pretty high theft item, believe it or not. Ever notice how they usually keep it pretty darn close to the checkout at B&BW? Teenage girls will try to steal that crap like you wouldn't believe.

what I meant was the tester lip glosses. those are gross. i'm sure ppl steal the new ones all the time. no doub.t
 

L1LMAMAJ

New member
yes i agree. it's super easy to steal at sephora. i will never do it and have never done it but i'm just saying.
 

Machinegun_Cali

New member
Yeah I have the exact opposite [email protected] sephora I cant get a gal to look at me let alone help me. Ive been to different stores across the country and 90% are all the same. Girls at department stores go out of their way to greet me but not at sephora. I really like sephora the selection of products , all the testers, but the help definitely lacks.
 

Kragey

New member
It really is a double-edge sword. If the MUAs don't watch their customers like hawks, all of the testers and half of the shelves will be cleaned out by the end of the day thanks to swipers. But while most customers can respect that, it really IS unnerving to have people watching you constantly, as if they're excited by the prospect of catching you in the act. Sephora saves its products at the risk of alienating some of their customers, but it's generally a necessary evil. Still, I really can't enjoy trips to Sephora because they never leave me alone, and I hate that. :/

However, there is clearly some profiling that drives me NUTS. I have been made to walk back through the store's theft detectors MANY times, not just as Sephora but at other stores as well, and nobody else in my party ever has to. Not even my friend with the gigantic carpet bag purse. Considering how I dress and the fact that most of my friends wear "normal," clean-cut clothing, I can't help but feel like I'm being picked out of the crowd. Mostly because it happens so. damn. OFTEN. T_T
 

shatteredshards

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
what I meant was the tester lip glosses. those are gross. i'm sure ppl steal the new ones all the time. no doub.t

Hey, they'll apply the tester lip glosses directly to their lips instead of using a disposable applicater, q-tip, whatever, all the time - I've seen it. Some people think nothing of that, especially teenage girls because they often wind up sharing things, like lip gloass, with their friends.

But yes, testers get stolen, too. Sad.
 

kyuubified

New member
This has only happened to me a couple of times, but I think it has to do with the fact that I look young, and they assume that most teenagers shoplift.

I have found that when I ask them some ridiculously specific question about makeup, they get a bit flustered and back off. I guess it shows that I'm not messing around and I *seriously* want to buy stuff? Who knows.
 

S.S.BlackOrchid

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
Except when the store is swamped - new releases of products, sales, holiday shopping, etc. or understaffed b/c of illness/callout/lack of hours. How quickly would customers be complaining that it takes so long to get any products?

Believe me, sometimes I wish most of our stock was kept in locked glass cases but then we get a rush and 20 people are asking for different things that are already out and I change my mind.


Even during holidays, I have at least one salesperson dedicated to following me. I don't think I have ever seen them understaffed enough to not do that.
 

shatteredshards

New member
They must think you're gonna shoplift pretty badly, then. I'm not sure I could even get their attention if I walked along a shelf just pushing it all into my bag.
 

hello_kitty

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Hey, they'll apply the tester lip glosses directly to their lips instead of using a disposable applicater, q-tip, whatever, all the time - I've seen it. Some people think nothing of that, especially teenage girls because they often wind up sharing things, like lip gloass, with their friends.

But yes, testers get stolen, too. Sad.


What gets me is when people use the tester mascaras!!! I've seen plenty of (probably teenage) girls do this at Sephora. And I'm talking about when they use the wand that's in there, and not a disposable wand (even then I would never test with a disposable wand at Sephora thanks to people that go up and use the real one). Like... wtf people?! And I really love when they sit there and proceed to test out the whole display! How is that testing anything when you already have 10 coats of mascara on?!

Testers creep me out, with all the fingers and god knows what else that has touched them. *shudders*
 

Elle93

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalie1915
Oh my gosh i know exactly what you mean!! I hate it! They ask if you need help with anything smiling at you and you say no thanks i am just looking, and continue to look at what you were looking at and you look over and they are still standing their staring at you smiling!! Yesh

yeah it's pretty creepy they could just have people standing near the entrances greeting someone and they can make sure no on steals then..?
 

twilightessence

New member
Ha, I have the opposite problem. No one ever comes up to me when I go into a big Sephora. I have a smaller one in my JcPenny and they watch me but its not hard. But the big ones I go into they don't even ask if I need help, they just ignore me until I go away or buy something
.
 
i agree with twilightessence, i usually just get asked once if i need help and i give them the usual "just looking" and they never come up to me again.. sometimes, i even have to stalk them for help. other times, i'm too shy to bother and just leave the store sad since i didn't get any service. i can understand why they dont stalk my mom since she's like 66 but i'm 25, i'm pretty sure i fit the criteria of a shoplifter. Which is funny anyway since I'm the one always buying stuff while my mom usually steals everything she wants, lol.
 

shatteredshards

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmuni
Which is funny anyway since I'm the one always buying stuff while my mom usually steals everything she wants, lol.

From you, or the stores?
 

twilightessence

New member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmuni
i agree with twilightessence, i usually just get asked once if i need help and i give them the usual "just looking" and they never come up to me again.. sometimes, i even have to stalk them for help. other times, i'm too shy to bother and just leave the store sad since i didn't get any service. i can understand why they dont stalk my mom since she's like 66 but i'm 25, i'm pretty sure i fit the criteria of a shoplifter. Which is funny anyway since I'm the one always buying stuff while my mom usually steals everything she wants, lol.

Exactly LOL. I have to hunt them down if I want something.

See? Sephora needs to read this. The people you don't think will steal are usually the ones who do... LOL. I personally would never steal. But I totally could since they ignore me when I'm there.
 

Latest posts

Top