studio fix liquid

macchicaboom

When I was matched to Studio Fix powder, I was matched somewhere in between NC30 and NC35 (those didn't work out for me and I ended up with C3 which is a tad light but perfect after like 10 minutes). When I tried on SFF today, NC35 was perfect for me. So IME, SFF runs a little light.

I guess the best approach is to go and try it on at the counter before buying!!!

sarahbeth564

So I talked to a lady from MAC on livechat today and she said that yes, the shades run darker, but that I should just get NW15 (my normal shade) and just not apply so much. She said that a little goes a long way with this foundation and so it would end up being ok.

Those of you who have tried it, does that seem like it would work?

carriesshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchicaboom
When I was matched to Studio Fix powder, I was matched somewhere in between NC30 and NC35 (those didn't work out for me and I ended up with C3 which is a tad light but perfect after like 10 minutes). When I tried on SFF today, NC35 was perfect for me. So IME, SFF runs a little light.

I guess the best approach is to go and try it on at the counter before buying!!!

We are colour identicals!!!! Yay - I've found my twin!

In Studio Fix powder I'm C3 and in my old studio finish matte foundation i'm NC35. Looks like I should just get NC35 too!

Now I can order from O/S without needing it to come to Sydney (in April - god I hat living on the otherside of the planet sometimes!) to try the colours!!!!

Thank you my little human tester!
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

brandi

well i went to my local counter today and they didn't get their shipment in today! i was sooo mad i went there just for that but got other things instead. the MA said that the products were still on the MATSON truck but not unloaded yet! i was like wth! i want the new stuff now!!! hehehe oh well i'm going back this saturday to see if it's in!

macchicaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
well i went to my local counter today and they didn't get their shipment in today! i was sooo mad i went there just for that but got other things instead. the MA said that the products were still on the MATSON truck but not unloaded yet! i was like wth! i want the new stuff now!!! hehehe oh well i'm going back this saturday to see if it's in!

If you're on Oahu, the MAC freestanding @ Ala Moana got it in- that's where I picked mine up!!! =)

serendipityii

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
After you do try it, could you please post and let us know how it compares?
smiles.gif
I was debating between swapping/exchanging for NC20 or NC25, and I also wear NC25 Select Sheer Pressed.

NC25 works well for me! I love the finish and the coverage... good coverage w/out being too thick.

tiramisu

slightly o/t.. can someone tell me what eyeshadows the model is wearing on the mac website for this ad? love it!

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
slightly o/t.. can someone tell me what eyeshadows the model is wearing on the mac website for this ad? love it!

Golden olive pigment and botanical

martygreene

oh man does the new MAC foundation run dark! NC15 in this is way darker tham my studio finish matte, by a good 2-3 shades. It's more similar to the moisturecover or C1 face and body foundation.

Drat. There goes that idea. In fact, I think I'm writing MAC about this. This is new foundation #3 now I think that is waaaay darker than their older formulas. Foundation was why I started using MAC, and might harold my departure as well.

User20

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
oh man does the new MAC foundation run dark! NC15 in this is way darker tham my studio finish matte, by a good 2-3 shades. It's more similar to the moisturecover or C1 face and body foundation.

Drat. There goes that idea. In fact, I think I'm writing MAC about this. This is new foundation #3 now I think that is waaaay darker than their older formulas. Foundation was why I started using MAC, and might harold my departure as well.

I'm having the same problem with NC 15 - nothing seems to match me anymore (and *gasp* I had a foundation line whenI got my most recent m/u done). At least two of the shades still match from other formulas (well 1 1/2 b/c I have to really blend one to get it to work and only use it under my eyes). I've been really diappointed in MAC lately regarding releases, not as wow as before (or at least not for me).

martygreene

NC15 isn't even really a match for me, I'm more NC5, but the old studio finish matte/satin foundations ran light and work for me. Select Mositurecover NC15 is sorta my skintone, it's a tad bit pink for me.

So let's see, MAC foundations...
  • Select Tint- lightest shade is a 20, the NC20 being very apricot-y, and the NW20 being very pink. Works if I put a very light, slightly bluish or lavendar powder over top, but isn't a good match.
  • Select Moistureblend- NC15 is considerably darker, though this is a sheer foundation, still leaves a line of demarcation, and is a bit more apricot-y that older NC shades
  • Studio Fix- NC15 is close, but oxidises terribly
  • Studio Tech- too greasy, runs a tad bit dark
  • HyperReal- 100 is too dark, and too tan
  • Face and Body- C1 is the lightest of all of them, and is too dark. Almost matches the new Studio Fix Fluid though.
  • Studio Stick- too dark, feels pasty and looks bad
  • Studio Fix Fluid- Very dark, NC15 looks like NC35 of the old studio finish matte. Did a side by side comparison with my current foundation, and it's a good 3 shades darker.

I've got Gone but not Forgotten hunting down the old matte and satin for me, and I'm hunting for a new foundation elsewhere. I've sent a letter to MAC as well. Here I thought when they go the NC/NW 5 powders that they were going to start making lighter foundations. Man was I wrong.

Sushi_Flower

I had a Live Chat with a MAC MA last night and she confirmed that the Studio Fix Fluid do not run light or dark but if some people are finding it appears darker on them then it is due to the colour changing due to reaction with the skin oils. Which i don't find surprising as that is exactly what happens to me with Studio Fix pressed unless i wear quiet abit of primer on my face.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I had a Live Chat with a MAC MA last night and she confirmed that the Studio Fix Fluid do not run light or dark but if some people are finding it appears darker on them then it is due to the colour changing due to reaction with the skin oils. Which i don't find surprising as that is exactly what happens to me with Studio Fix pressed unless i wear quiet abit of primer on my face.

They told me that too, but holding the studio fix fluid and my current foundation (and other NC15 foundations) next to each other, and then swatching them on paper, it is clearly darker without any help from skin oils or anything else. It doesn't run that much darker than most of the other current MAC foundations, but compaired to their older foundations (which are the only ones us really pale folk seem to be able to wear anymore), it's a good 2-3 shades darker at least.

I'm going to make a swatch card this weekend of the various NC 15 foundations just to see how they all compare.

brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchicaboom
If you're on Oahu, the MAC freestanding @ Ala Moana got it in- that's where I picked mine up!!! =)

yeah i know allan called in yesterday... but i live in aiea... dont feel like driving that far today.... lol i'm lazy... btw how did you like it? just wondering?

michelleee67

get this foundation... it is awesome.. it stayed perfect all day and it goes on so smooth and feels so light. and i didnt even need powder... i love it... goodbye studio tech!!!

macchicaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi
yeah i know allan called in yesterday... but i live in aiea... dont feel like driving that far today.... lol i'm lazy... btw how did you like it? just wondering?

I LOVE IT!!! On me, it covers well but doesn't look fake. It's not cakey at all IMHO. It feels comfortable on the skin and lasts all day. I'm also happy cause I got a perfect color match in NC35. =)

I want the pump dispenser though, so I'm heading back to the freestanding today to get it.

Definitely try it out!!!

*edit* I forgot to mention that it really is a natural matte, so it's great for my skin since my skin has a tendency to be oily. You really don't need to set it with powder- it really dries to a natural matte finish.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
They told me that too, but holding the studio fix fluid and my current foundation (and other NC15 foundations) next to each other, and then swatching them on paper, it is clearly darker without any help from skin oils or anything else. It doesn't run that much darker than most of the other current MAC foundations, but compaired to their older foundations (which are the only ones us really pale folk seem to be able to wear anymore), it's a good 2-3 shades darker at least.

I'm going to make a swatch card this weekend of the various NC 15 foundations just to see how they all compare.

Well i haven't even seen them in real life yet so i can't comment any further from experience or anything but if what you're saying is true then i'll actually be glad as that might mean NC42 won't be too light for me and i won't have to give the foundation a miss due to NC43 not being provided.