studio fix liquid

foreveratorifan

ok i got a sample yesterday of the studio fix liq foundation. if you have dry skin, just moisturize! really it feels wonderful honestly! no probs at all...

my ONLY problem is that I got NW15 and its too dark guys
ssad.gif
so you all who say they run darker...its true....SAD SAD DAY! so i might go back to the counter and check it out one more time....pretty sure the NC15 wouldnt work since i'm an NW...so guess i'll stick with hyperreal and moistureblend
ssad.gif

Juneplum

k so i just got my studio fix fluid and i'ts amazing. honestly it feels like velvet.. SO smooth. the coloring is SO different! i'm a C6 in the compact but in the liquid, i'm NC45. same for the loose blot powder. it's AMAZING! i'm a medium dark in the compact, but dark in the loose form. the texture is sooooo fab! must do some reviews now!

Shawna

I'm going for my culturebloom makeover tommorow night, and I am making sure they use this on me. I can't wait
smiles.gif
Unfortunately it has spf in it which has caused me trouble in the past. Might have to get a sample
smiles.gif

.nicole.

When i first got Moistureblend the girl gave me NC20 and i'm realizing its too yellow. Should i try NW15 for this product? I'm going to be going on lunch so a reply soon would be awesome if possible!! thanks

litlaur

I got it this afternoon, but in the wrong shade. I'm normally about NC25-30. In the store, the NC25 and NC20 looked too yellow and I walked out with NW20. When I got out to my car and looked in the mirror, my face was so pink it looked as if I had some kind of allergic reaction!

Hopefully I can swap with someone for the right shade. I'd like to avoid having to exchange it and it just getting thrown away.

However, it does feel really nice. Like Juneplum said, velvety smooth
smiles.gif
The coverage and finish are also exactly what I was looking for...just the wrong color
tong.gif

Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
ok i got a sample yesterday of the studio fix liq foundation. if you have dry skin, just moisturize! really it feels wonderful honestly! no probs at all...

my ONLY problem is that I got NW15 and its too dark guys
ssad.gif
so you all who say they run darker...its true....SAD SAD DAY! so i might go back to the counter and check it out one more time....pretty sure the NC15 wouldnt work since i'm an NW...so guess i'll stick with hyperreal and moistureblend
ssad.gif

It looks like this won't work for me.
ssad.gif
Maybe in the summer when I'm a little tanned. But even then.
cry.gif

.nicole.

I just purchased it in NW20. The other foundation I have is NC20 and its just to yellow for me. I haven't tried it on my face yet cuz i'm still at work (went on lunch break) but i tried it on the back of my hand it was amazingly smooth!

User67

I had a make-over done at the MAC counter today & I told the MA that I was mostly interested in trying the Studio Fix liquid. She used that on me in NC42 which is a perfect match BTW! And she also used the new loose blot powder. What I first noticed about the foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all & it looks very velvetey & natural unlike all the other MAC foundations I have tried, it truly makes my skin look flawless. I have been wearing it for about 4 hours now & so far it's holding up very well. This is the very first time I have worn a MAC foundation without becoming a greasy mess within half an hour. I am very impressed & happy with this foundation & I'm crossing my fingers that I will continue to be.

Juneplum

k so it's 4:20 and my face still looks flawless! i love this stuff!! there's no sign of grease and it just feels soooo good i.e i can't feel it!!

serendipityii

I just picked it up in NC25, which is the same color of my Select Sheer Pressed Powder... maybe it'll show up to be darker when I actually have it all over my face.

absolut_blonde

LOVE IT. Got a sample today and it is fab. This stuff REALLY stays put. It's got a matte finish, but it doesn't look chalky or cakey.

I can't wait to do my whole face with it tomorrow morning! I will probably swing by and purchase a bottle of it tomorrow.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
I had a make-over done at the MAC counter today & I told the MA that I was mostly interested in trying the Studio Fix liquid. She used that on me in NC42 which is a perfect match BTW! And she also used the new loose blot powder. What I first noticed about the foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all & it looks very velvetey & natural unlike all the other MAC foundations I have tried, it truly makes my skin look flawless. I have been wearing it for about 4 hours now & so far it's holding up very well. This is the very first time I have worn a MAC foundation without becoming a greasy mess within half an hour. I am very impressed & happy with this foundation & I'm crossing my fingers that I will continue to be.

What shade do you use in other MAC foundations? I am NC43 in Studio Tech and C40 in Studio Fix and find NC42 too light for me but if they run darker then NC42 might be ok for me.

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii
I just picked it up in NC25, which is the same color of my Select Sheer Pressed Powder... maybe it'll show up to be darker when I actually have it all over my face.

After you do try it, could you please post and let us know how it compares?
smiles.gif
I was debating between swapping/exchanging for NC20 or NC25, and I also wear NC25 Select Sheer Pressed.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
What shade do you use in other MAC foundations? I am NC43 in Studio Tech and C40 in Studio Fix and find NC42 too light for me but if they run darker then NC42 might be ok for me.

I'm also a C40 in Studio Fix, so I think NC42 should be a good match for you too.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I really need to get to the MAC counter now. I'm so eager to try this!

foreveratorifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_bleed_life
I'm NW15 and I have to wear NC15...so you might be able to wear it with an NW powder on top

exactly! i went today and got a sample of the NC15 to try it (it did look A LOT lighter than the NW15 which is odd...but my manager said that often the NC's run lighter anyway...).

SOOO tomorrow I'll try the NC15...but I do use my NW5 loose powder anyway
smiles.gif