studio fix liquid

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_blonde
I just really, REALLY hope it doesn't break me out the way that Studio Fix does.

I loooove the finish and coverage of Studio Fix, but I've finally come to accept that my skin does not agree.

I agree! I love the finish and coverage of Studio Fix (although it doesn't wear that long on me), but it breaks me out too. I really, really, really, hope this doesn't!

kaliraksha

Epp date getting closer... thats's when I'm going in to try it since I've just been using concealer since my foundation ran out.

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
So, this product isn't good for dry skin correct? The mac MA I asked this question to said that it won't make your skin more dry. I don't see how she could be right when this foundation absorbs oil (from what I read about it.)

anyone know?

wow, I am shocked. I figured someone would at least know. No experts on the boards I guess :/

ms.marymac

We were told at Update that it is formulated for all skin types.

My personal review: I have combo skin and I didn't notice any problems on the areas where my skin is dry. The areas where I have problems with Studio Fix are acting up after trying this, though. It could be something else but just a heads up. I would honestly just ask for a sample when it comes out just to be sure it's going to work for you. It had a beautiful coverage and felt really comfortable!

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
We were told at Update that it is formulated for all skin types.

My personal review: I have combo skin and I didn't notice any problems on the areas where my skin is dry. The areas where I have problems with Studio Fix are acting up after trying this, though. It could be something else but just a heads up. I would honestly just ask for a sample when it comes out just to be sure it's going to work for you. It had a beautiful coverage and felt really comfortable!

Thank you very very much!

I will get a sample first before I buy this.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
ETA - Just had it confirmed by Livechat that there will be no NC43 shade aswell as no C shades. I am so disappointed and sad as this means i can't use this foundation unless i comprimise colour match on my skin.

Gah. I am getting super tired of not being able to find any Cs in the various foundations.

foreveratorifan

I was wondering if its ok for dryer skin types....so thanks for point that out ms.marymac

i'm so fair, its kinda nice these shades run fairer because some of the lightest shades that exist are too dark for me. im a ghost kids....GHOST....

i'll still buy mine outright i think, and if need be, if it causes breakouts or whatever, i'll just return it or exchange it if my hyperreal is out already
smiles.gif

ishtarchick

swatch babe on MUA has pics of this stuff
smiles.gif
i took one and uploaded it to my imageshack acct, here it is, this one is NC35 (cause that's my shade lol) but she has several other scades scanned.
HTH

foreveratorifan

just a note though, the foundation does contain ingrediants that are also moisturizing....

it probably IS a better foundation for combo skin, however, during the spring/summer, my skin IS more combo...and this may work GREAT!
smiles.gif

oh i'm sooo excited!
smiles.gif

allan_willb

i also just herd from my mac friend that this is the best new foundation out there on the market and its gonna BOOM!Mac is very very VERY famous for studio Fix when it first came out they sold out instantly!But studio fix powder is BAD for when taking pix.It makes everyone look white but the new studio fix liquid doesnt...they made it GREAT for the camera so now the flash wont make you look like a ghost!lol...and also the loose blot powder is great also!It is the most finest powder that mac ever made.So it makes it even more awsome!

martygreene

Quote:
Just checked out those pics VV and from what i can see aswell as there being no C shades which means i can't wear my usual Studio Fix C shade, there doesn't seem to be NC43 which is my shade..i'm very annoyed if this is the case but i'm going to email MAC to ask for sure and if anyone knows any different then please tell me.

ETA - Just had it confirmed by Livechat that there will be no NC43 shade aswell as no C shades. I am so disappointed and sad as this means i can't use this foundation unless i comprimise colour match on my skin.

Another thing she told me though is that apparantly the shades run lighter than usual, so keep this in mind when purchasing people. Also this might mean that i can wear NC44 but i doubt it as it is a really different colour with too much orange and even if it was lighter it wouldn't be a match..but who knows.

Ooh, if it runs light then it just MIGHT actually be a replacement for the old matte/satin finish foundations. I miss them as they ran light as well, and thus allowed a color match for me.

Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
i dont think the colors are the same as studio fix, meaning theres no c2 c3 n3 etc etc... its like the main colors. its just awesome.

Which means it will probably be too dark for me.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Another thing she told me though is that apparantly the shades run lighter than usual, so keep this in mind when purchasing people.

*crosses fingers*

asnbrb

I'm on my last dregs of foundation! I'm trying my best to hold out til Studio Fix liquid comes out!

Sushi_Flower

I was told on Live chat that it runs light too which means i'm even less likely to be able to get a foundation match as NC42 is too light for me as it is and NC44 even as a lighter shade will not have enough yellow and will look too much of a ''plain brown made lighter'' But maybe it'll work. I'm just so mad that they've excluded NC43 randomly even though they know there is a huge need for NC43 and thus bought it out a couple of years ago. Going from NC42 to NC44 is a huge leap in colour tone and excludes so many Indian/naturally tanned skin with yellow/golden tones.

eponine

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
I was wondering if its ok for dryer skin types....so thanks for point that out ms.marymac

i'm so fair, its kinda nice these shades run fairer because some of the lightest shades that exist are too dark for me. im a ghost kids....GHOST....

i'll still buy mine outright i think, and if need be, if it causes breakouts or whatever, i'll just return it or exchange it if my hyperreal is out already
smiles.gif

i don't know about the NC's, but the NW15 is definitely NOT running light at all... i normally wear nw15 and the studio fix fluid in that shade is pretty dark on me.
ssad.gif