Sugarpill Cosmetics (Shrinkles makeup line!)

Nicala

My mouth is absolutely watering all over the Sugar Pill goodies! BUT, once I really think about it. I don't need it even though I'm dying inside to get it. Being broke sucks cause I can't just say "I'm getting it all!!" like me and I'm sure many people would (used to) say. Maybe I'll order something if I realllllly need it.

Goat Goat Etc.

YouTube - ElectroPOP! Briiiiight&Bold with Sugarpill
First posted 2/27/10 @ 1:10AM Central

JESUS ROYAL SUGAR!! HAWT!!
It's the blurple-indigo of my dreams!

(btw, xsparkage is good friends with petrilude)

So she used:
Royal Sugar loose shadow
Starling loose shadow
Poison Plum e/s
Absinthe loose shadow
Lumi loose shadow
Sweetheart Palette
http://www.xsparkage.com/?p=1274
20100224-e1d66ri5uf1mramn6u8fhb2d11.jpg

ChloeCariad

My friend and I combined or order to save on shipping - we both ordered the Burning Heart one, but mine cracked
ssad.gif
The yellow shattered and has ruined the entire palette. Absolutely gutted. My friend (her name on the order) has emailed Amy, so I hope it can be replaced. I swatched my friend's and it is AMAZE. Wear a base ladies, cos all but the purple stained my skin they were so pigmented.

obscuria

I just ordered magpie loose eyeshadow and the tako and poison plum pressed eyeshadows. I'm very excited.

Junkie

I only wanted to try out one thing first before I jump onto the bandwagon headfirst...but they charge $6 for orders under $20. That really sucks. I might as well just stick with MUFE.

Kiraling

Don't shoot me for asking this (I meant in a polite way!) but can someone tell me how these compare to other brands or what NOT to expect? :p

I've been turned off by small companies ever since I ordered a Limecrime pigment -- I was severely underwhelmed. Won't say any more then that, but you get my point.

Are these truly unique pigments or another case of cute indie cosmetics and pretty packaging to have?. If there's a colour called Tako (Japanese for octopus! one of my favourite things) then I'll be all over it.
smiles.gif

I just don't want to envision some beautiful pigment with original H/E blend-ability and expect too much.

obscuria

I got this today and I love how pigmented it is. I posted these pictures in the swatches forum, but I thought they may be useful here too.

Magpie is my favorite, and the packaging is too cute.

sugarpill002.jpg

sugarpill003.jpg

sugarpill004.jpg

sugarpill005.jpg

magpie003.jpg

GlamQueen21

WOW! I've heard some things about Sugarpill Cosmetics! And the look that Leesha (aka xsparkage) is gorgeous!!! I'm so going to watch that tutorial right now!

Rita Baumann

The pressed eyeshadows are A LOT like MUFE shadows in how they work and blend. I got three - Tako, Midori and Afterparty. The Chromalust metallics are AMAZING. True metallic color and finely milled. I am a happy customer.

Rita Baumann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraling
Don't shoot me for asking this (I meant in a polite way!) but can someone tell me how these compare to other brands or what NOT to expect? :p

I've been turned off by small companies ever since I ordered a Limecrime pigment -- I was severely underwhelmed. Won't say any more then that, but you get my point.

Are these truly unique pigments or another case of cute indie cosmetics and pretty packaging to have?. If there's a colour called Tako (Japanese for octopus! one of my favourite things) then I'll be all over it.
smiles.gif

I just don't want to envision some beautiful pigment with original H/E blend-ability and expect too much.

Shrinkle has sold Kryolan on Ebay for a long time - so I was pretty sure she would not release a cosmetics line unless it was at least comparable to Kryolan (why else would she bother? was my train of thought) so I took a chance and bought a few things. Now I want all of it!

There is quality throughout - the shadows themselves, and the containers and packaging are designed unique to this line. No sifter jars with stickers slapped on them (you know what I mean).

I agree with you about hype and buzz and some of these companies not living up to it. However, you can really see the quality in this line.

Here is Petrilude's take:

YouTube - Sugarpill Cosmetics Review

purple_pumpkin

Oh! I want these so bad!!!
I want poison plum, but i just got mufe#92 as a gift, but you can't have too many purples, can you
cutey.gif

I want the quads!

Shadowy Lady

I am sooo wanting few of the pigments, especially Goldilux, Hunebug, Absinth and Hysteric.

I'm gonna order some late March, I spent too much money on cosmetics this month :/

astronaut

Don't know if this has been posted yet but I found a blog post comparing some Sugarpill with MUFE shadows:
Makeup Addiction Overload

Now MUFE is my favorite brand of all time so to have Sugarpill be better than MUFE? OMG That's awesome! I'm looking forward to Shrinkle adding more colours because right now I have similar colours already but I want some Sugarpill!

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Don't know if this has been posted yet but I found a blog post comparing some Sugarpill with MUFE shadows:
Makeup Addiction Overload

Now MUFE is my favorite brand of all time so to have Sugarpill be better than MUFE? OMG That's awesome! I'm looking forward to Shrinkle adding more colours because right now I have similar colours already but I want some Sugarpill!

OMG SUGARPILL IS KILLIN IT!
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

Latest posts