Sweat-proof Foundation?

blueyedlady87

Hey all! Well it's been hotter than hot here in southern california, (90s already!) And I work at a drycleaning place so you can imagine when the machines and steam get going, it's an oven. (On the plus side, you lose weight and don't have to work out!)

Anyways- I'm finding that my foundation is like sweating off. It just slides and if I wipe my face off, it comes off in some areas, not others. Quite attractive. I have to wear foundation b/c my skin is just icky. So I need a recommendation for a base, primer, foundation, etc. that will help my makeup stay on all day.

MACs oil control lotion didn't help and recently I've used Bare Minerals foundation and MAC studio fix which don't work either.

Help??!!!?

Hilly

i like clinique perfectly real compact. i am pretty oily myself and it stays on well. hth

ThiicknSeskii

I love Revlon color stay. I wear the original one and not the softflex but it stays so great! i have to use wipes and cleanse twice just to get it off it doesn't budge on me!
smiles.gif

Dark_Phoenix

Clinique City Block is pretty sweatproof and doesnt' feel heavy on skin. Clinique Work Out Wear all day makeup is also sweat proof and water resistant.

blueyedlady87

Thankyou, thankyou for all the suggestions! I'm definetly going to be trying some of those. It's such a gross problem. :/

BinkysBaby

I have SUPER oily skin (like by the time I get to my car from leaving home I need to blot). I have the perfect solution. Use Becca Mattifying Primer, Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, set with Becca loose powder and spritz with Ben Nye Liquiset after applying your makeup.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
I have SUPER oily skin (like by the time I get to my car from leaving home I need to blot). I have the perfect solution. Use Becca Mattifying Primer, Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, set with Becca loose powder and spritz with Ben Nye Liquiset after applying your makeup.

Oooo! Where can I get Becca? I haven't heard of it before. By the way- I love your quote in your signature!

Paramnesia

Foundation for an active person

Hey
I do a lot of walking and riding in my daily life and really need a foundation that'll stay put through that. I'm currently trialling Select SPF and loving it but unsure whether it'll stay put under my normal daily life.

I was also thinking maybe face and body would be a better idea.

Anyway recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

Re: Foundation for an active person

Are you looking for specifically MAC?

I was going to recommend mineral foundation. Honestly, it lasts better on me in heat, humidity, and sweat than any liquid foundation. I personally love and use Everyday Minerals, but there are tons and tons of brands out there. If you wanted to go with MAC, I've heard good things about their Mineralize Loose.

SoSoAmazin

Revlon Colorstay or Colorstay Active are my HG's for lasting power. Estee Lauder Doublewear is very very similar also. They will last through just about anything!
smiles.gif

PolyphonicLove

MUFE has waterproof, long lasting foundations that could pretty much last through a nuclear explosion [well sort of, it is nuclear after all]. SoSo's rec for Revlon is great, because their foundations are cheap and high quality.

Paramnesia

Thanks all. I was just thinking MAC because most brands aren't light enough for me.

I'm definitely gunna have to try EM, i've been meaning to for a long time.

Sophia84

I don't rev mineral powder fndt, I always get itchy with them on when I sweat, and not long lasting at all. But I do rec Mac's F&B! Is incredible how well it stays on after sweating. I mean here at summer the temperature is always from 95 to 115, with too much humidity and this thing is still on my face like I just applied it, and it feels and is so light.

athena123

Does anyone have an update on this? I recently moved to a different area of Southern California - it's more urban, I have tons of museums, galleries, cafes, and restaurants within walking distance of my new home. I'm spending a lot more time walking during the heat of the day and also when I stand around and wait for the nearest bus or train. My lovely liquid mineral foundation and natural mascara just isn't holding up. I was so embarrassed yesterday, went to a new restaurant, checked myself in the bathroom and my foundation was running off in streaks, right along with all the sweat. And my mascara... well.... raccoon eyes, not pretty. The ONLY part of my makeup that didn't look like a freaking mess was my eyeshadow (combination MAC and Barry M)

I have a pretty tall order. I have combo skin leaning toward oily. I use either powdered mineral or liquid mineral makeup because talc, waxes and other fillers in many foundations will either clog my pores or contribute to breakouts yet I also need something that isn't gonna slide off of my face every time I break a sweat. And as hot as it is lately, I sweat profusely. Wondering if I should just do without makeup altogether....
ssad.gif
Any ideas or updates, ladies?

Kiseki

Estée Lauder's Double Wear or Double Wear Light. It doesn't budge. SK-II's Signs Transform Foundation, Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet Plus, Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk or Shaping Designer or By Terry's Stick Densiliss.

All of these are pretty resistent.

Kiseki

Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light is resistant to sweat, as is MUFE's Face & Body, Mat Velvet + and on the more splurgy side, you have Giorgio Armani's Shaping Designer Cream. I've been using both Lauder's and Armani's and it's been holding up fairly well in Portuguese weather (32º Celsius), I usually set my foundation with MUFE's new HD Loose Powder.

SarahAfshar

Since you are active and tend to sweat, you don't want just liquid or a just powder, you want both. I would definitely recommend Shiseido's Compact Foundation. It is a very elite cream-to-powder foundation that lives up to it's promise, as it creates even skin, without the overly caked on foundation feeling, and it works great for oily skin types.

Latest posts