Sweat-proof Foundation?

Paramnesia

Re: Foundation for an active person

Thanks guys, I'll definitely have to check out those brands when i get around to it. I know I'm too pale for Estee Lauder. I'm probably a little more pale than NC15 but NC15 still looks fine.

I actually have dry skin, i don't sweat a whole lot i just want something that i can put on in the morning and know it'll stay on. I don't drive so walking/riding is pretty much my only way of getting around (with a little public transport).

Anyway I'm planning on going to the MAC pro store tomorrow yay

impassioned

I'm a big fan of Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup Foundation. It's waterproof, and has SPF 25! It works very well for me. I wore it to the water park in the sun, and it still stayed put very well.

athena123

Thank you ladies. I'll likely give MUFE a try, since I can purchase it from Sephora and return if it doesn't work out..... I usually just forgo makeup when I'm out in extreme weather like this, but at times it's not practical....

MAChostage

Is there a MUFE/MAC conversion chart anywhere? That's probably too much to ask for, huh?
yes.gif

k.a.t

Have you tried revlon colourstay? I love this foundation (except for the shade issue) as it stays put even when i sweat alot, i swear it's like waterproof or something lol It stays on all day - won't come off unless you use something to remove it with..

MAChostage

No, I had not even considered Revlon Colorstay! If I hadn't already settled into my jammies with a brew, I'd run to Walgreen's to check it out! I will, though.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light is resistant to sweat, as is MUFE's Face & Body, Mat Velvet + and on the more splurgy side, you have Giorgio Armani's Shaping Designer Cream. I've been using both Lauder's and Armani's and it's been holding up fairly well in Portuguese weather (32º Celsius), I usually set my foundation with MUFE's new HD Loose Powder.

iagree.gif
with the Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light & the MUFE Mat Velvet.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
Thanks guys, I'll definitely have to check out those brands when i get around to it. I know I'm too pale for Estee Lauder. I'm probably a little more pale than NC15 but NC15 still looks fine.

If you're very pale, indulge yourself on Armani or Make Up For Ever, I'm positive you'll find a match there.

Shimmer

I'm a fan of Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation...and I'm extremely active. Thus far it's held through baseball and rock climbing.

PolyphonicLove

Ugh, I know the feeling. Its in the 90s here in good ole humid Louisiana - you can imagine how hard it is to keep makeup lasting here!

For primer, give Cargo's Blu Ray Mattifier a shot. Best stuff I've used. Keeps my skin matte for up to 8 hours, and my nose up to 4 [combo skin]. Its worth the $26 bucks.

For touch ups, try Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying Compact. Its saved me on many a day. Its TOTALLY invisible - even on my medium deep, olive toned skin - so it won't affect the shade of your foundation.

I've actually got Mat Velvet + on my list of foundations to buy, along with Shiseido's Sun Protection Compact and Philosophy's The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas [you may in interested in those; check em out]. Here's to money that's - hopefully - well spent.

Sanayhs

I use MUFE's Mat Velvet + and my face tends to sweat like crazy in the heat. I also clean hotel rooms (woo physical labour!) and it can be sweltering. Sweat much? Hell yes. The mat velvet + holds up nicely for me - without it, I look like a tomato at work. With? Sure, I'm still damp, but my skin is actually still flesh coloured! Hurray! Where it's mattifying, it also helps to keep some of the sweat down and away. I enjoy a good blot powder on top to help absorb even more.

Sanayhs

Oh! Oh! Especially where you're pale, I have to put in a vote for MUFE's mat velvet +. It holds up really well for me through sweat and activity and life (I clean rooms in a hot hotel and go to the gym a lot), and I found it because MAC wasn't pale enough for me. Definitely worth looking into.
yes.gif

(I'm also a big fan of liquid foundation because I find it to be the most versatile.)

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Is there a MUFE/MAC conversion chart anywhere? That's probably too much to ask for, huh?
yes.gif

MUFE doesnt have like a numerical order scale like MAC does, its just miscellaneous numbers to miscellaneous shades and theyre different between all teh MUFE lines

but for reference, i am:
MAC: NC35
MUFE Duo Mat powder - 207
MUFE F&B - 34
MUFE Full Cover - 8 or 10

i highly reccomend being shade matched at the counter, going out into sunlight to make sure it looks right then deciding. the first time i got matched, it looked great in the store, bought it and got home and my boyfriend at the time was like "sup oompa loompa" and i ran back to get rematched. the girl at sephora was an idiot who did me first because she put me to F&B shade 18, which was 2 shades too dark and all sorts of orange on me.

stacylynne

Have you tried Laura Mercier tinted spf moisterizer? You can use MAC blot powder over it.

Paramnesia

As far as i know we don't have MUFE here
ssad.gif
I'll definitely have a look into stilla, though i think it might be too dark for me....

I've tried a Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser and it was too dark.

I'll have to check all those brands out once i'm back in the city... my small rural town is pretty lacking when it comes to MU.

rachybloom

I have practically porcelain skin and got a sample of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in the lightest color and it is WAY too dark. So if you have issues with finding a light enough foundation Double Wear Light won't be a good choice, considering their lightest color is pretty much tan.

Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder foundation? I got the lightest color, Soft Porcelain I think?, and it's super light.. Perfect. I use the mineral primer by LM too before it and it works well and lasts pretty long (I have a pretty active lifestyle as well)

athena123

I use Everyday Minerals and NCN Liquid Firming Minerals. While I absolutely LOVE Mineral Makeup, they don't hold up to extreme temperatures. I held my nose and decided to try Revlon Color Stay after the cashier at CVS Pharmacy assured me I can return it if it doesn't work for me. Used it for one day. The shade matched better than I thought it would, but it sweated off after a few hours. Made my face itch like crazy, so I"ll be getting my $$ back.

I'll probably try MUFE next. Shimmer, I was intrigued to hear the Stila's Illumininating Powder holds up so well and may have to try that too. When I'm out in the kind of heat we've been having, my forehead prespires pretty heavily so I really need something heavy duty that WON'T cause breakouts or irritation.

athena123

Thanks for the suggestion for Revlon Colorstay! I would never even have considered it! Just visited CVS Pharmacy and after they told me I could return it if it didn't work out, I tried the Color Stay liquid and powder. I was surprised to find a shade that matched fairly well, but it didn't have any staying power in the extreme heat. And it started itching after a few hours, I couldn't WAIT to get home and wash my face, so I'm afraid I'll have to return it. Too bad, I was hoping I wouldn't have to spend too much $$ on sweatproof foundation, looks like I"ll have to make a trip to Sephora after all. The MUFE, Stila Illuminating Powder and Cargo bluRay are all things I've been wanting to try anyway. Now I have the JUSTIFICATION for it, hehee...

I'll update this thread after I've tried them.

Paramnesia

I'm so desperate to get to the city now lol. As far as i know MUFE isn't avaliable here
ssad.gif
I'm gunna order Some Everyday Minerals stuff when i can. I've tried colorstay before and it made me break out and was way to dark on me. The MA who sold it to me said to go a shade darker than the one i bought... crazy lady.

I've scored about $400 so i dunno whether to buy MU and a really nice pretty light blue flowy empire waist dress (which would probably have no purpose for me) or put it towards my thailand trip lol.

k.a.t

Sorry it didn't work out for you but at least you can return it so it's not a waste..

Good luck in finding a foundation that works for you!
winks.gif