Sweat-proof Foundation?

athena123

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Sorry it didn't work out for you but at least you can return it so it's not a waste..

Good luck in finding a foundation that works for you!
winks.gif

Ahh kat, you're the one that recommended the Revlon! Lol, don't be sorry it didn't work out for me. At least you prompted me to try a drugstore brand, something I haven't done in years. CVS and Walgreen's are getting much more responsive to our needs when it comes to makeup and cosmetics. That they offer full return policies if something doesn't work out was more than worth the trip and will make me less hesitant to try new things there when I need to find something for less $$$.

so in the end, I must thank YOU!
smiles.gif
yes.gif

athena123

Just wanted to update this thread. I finally went to Sephora and tried MUFE Velvet Matte +. I'm very glad I went in to get matched and try it before I purchased it. Like most makeup artists, the one at Sephora was no exception. She originally tried a shade on half my face that made me look a little yellow. When I stepped outside in natural light, I could really see the yellow tinge. She claimed it would balance me and I told her no, this is the same thing all the MAC MA's do, they match me with a shade that looks too yellow! (I'm a very light olive/neutral) Then she tried shade # 30 (no idea what that means, LOL) on the other side of my face (it has pink undertones) and it looked great. She was able to see the difference as well.

While I was at it, I purchased Cargo blu-Ray primer and mattifier. I'm not sure about this one, will give it another week to see if I want to keep it. It doesn't really mattify that well and I honestly can't see any difference in either performance or appearance from using Monistat Chafing gel as a primer.

The MUFE is a keeper. It rinses off cleanly with jojoba oil and a micro-fiber cloth. So far, 3 days in and out of hot temps and high humidity and while a little of it does sweat off, it comes off "naturally" if that makes any sense. When I pat the sweat off my forehead with a tissue, a little makeup will come off with it, but at least it isn't streaming down my face in rivulets like my mineral makeup does in high temperatures. Still makes my face itch a little, but then again any makeup will itch when mixed with perspiration. If I can use it for 30 days straight without any breakouts or blemishes, I'll keep it. Just with organic, natural, mineral makeup had this kind of staying power!

Thanks again for your suggestions ladies!

Temptasia

Eventhough I have MUFE's Face & Body and Mat Velvet, I prefer to use Bareminerals Powder Foundation for really hot sweaty days. I've got sensitive acne prone skin, and my skin tends to get clogged by liquid foundations.

I hear the bismuth in the foundation makes people itchy during the summer...so I guess it wouldn't be good for people who are sensitive to bismuth.

I moisturize with jojoba oil and find that it works well with the mineral foundation because it helps the foundation bond with the surface of my skin. Jojoba oil also seems to have a natural oil control effect on me.

PolyphonicLove

So glad it worked for you Athena! I'm a sweaty girl, too, so I'm especially glad, hahaha. Make sure you update us with the final results! :]

Oh, and I've heard that with Mat you probably don't have to use primer under it, because its got a special formula. You should try it under your mineral/powder foundations to see how it works for you. :]

ladyJ

I wear Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid foundation spf 42PA and set it everyday minerals foundation. I walk around campus all day in the blazing Texas sun and it works pretty well.

gujifijian

I love Revlon Colorstay makeup as well. I really don't know wat the difference is between the original and Soft Flex. Both works great.

As for a primer, I suggest using Bare Essential Prime Time. I used to use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and honestly that primer can't be used on everyday basis. Not great on the skin. Wasn't giving me a smooth canvas. So I switched back to Bare Essentials. Its good for ur skin. But everyone has different skin and can hold primers differently. It's mostly to do with 'trial and errors'. Smashbox is a bit pricey and Bare Essentials is affordable. I think I paid $18!

RoxyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
I love Revlon color stay. I wear the original one and not the softflex but it stays so great! i have to use wipes and cleanse twice just to get it off it doesn't budge on me!
smiles.gif

I've heard good things about this one too, they also have a Sport version that's supposed to be pretty indestructable.

ETA: Sorry it didn't work out for you.
ssad.gif

Renee

I recently got married in Las Vegas and I was so worried about sweating my makeup off. I found a product from a company called Stage Supply called Pro Face.It's a sweat retardant that you put on your face prior to makeup application. It feels like a toner when you put it on and tightens your face up a tad . Iused it with MUFE Face and Body foundation and I had perfect makeup through the night ! And let me tell you it was HOT and Humid that night. It held up through dancing on a hot dance floor too. It was $9. I'm sure it will come in handy again!

MAChostage

^^And you're normally a sweater and didn't sweat when you wore this? You know, the only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow at this Pro Face product is the fact that it might work too well. I mean, we sweat for reasons, mainly to cool us down when we're overheated. Of course I really want something that holds up better than what's out there now, but...

Smokin' Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
Eventhough I have MUFE's Face & Body and Mat Velvet, I prefer to use Bareminerals Powder Foundation for really hot sweaty days. I've got sensitive acne prone skin, and my skin tends to get clogged by liquid foundations.

I hear the bismuth in the foundation makes people itchy during the summer...so I guess it wouldn't be good for people who are sensitive to bismuth.

I moisturize with jojoba oil and find that it works well with the mineral foundation because it helps the foundation bond with the surface of my skin. Jojoba oil also seems to have a natural oil control effect on me.

Can you tell me what brand you use?

lovemetodeath

for times when i don't need lasting coverage studio fix fluid is my HG and i am a nc 15 too so i struggle to get shades to match. Revlon colorstay doesn't work on me either, i get itchy and it tendsto to go blotchy when i get warm. I tend to use everyday minerals when i am working or when the weather is warmer (not that that is ever a problem here in the UK) as i find it stays put and doesn't get blotchy.

MugzieP

I live in the Houston area-very humid and hot. I like Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It's not heavy like the original and stays on.

LatinaRose

I love love love EL's Double Wear Light for its 15 hour wear. If that doesn't work for you, I have some friends who are thrilled with Dior's Forever.