Sweetie Cake (images only) March 2006

2_pink

Well i usually only hit up the mall or MAC the day the collections come out, but i had time to kill before work so to the mall i went. Of course i had to stop by MAC, i was good and didnt buy anything, but i just wanted to look.

To my surprise i see Sweetie Cake products on the counter, i rushed up only to realize it was just a display (they were in a plastic box type thing). It was like a teaser =/

Anyhoo, as i was admiring it, i realized that there were only 2 pigments, only 2 of the petit glosses, and no softsparkle pencils. I asked one of the MA's about it, she was like "daaamn girl, youre all up on the info", but then she was like no, theres 2 pigments...i think theres one called Lovely Lily, i was like nooo...i think that was with Lingerie.

I came to my own conclusion that they just didnt put everything up for the teaser display. I cant wait for this to come out, everything looks great in person, especially the quad & nail polishes.

Oh, and i hate how the collections come out on Thursdays, and i get paid on Fridays... =/

Okie, im done, sorry so long =)

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_pink

Oh, and i hate how the collections come out on Thursdays, and i get paid on Fridays... =/

I get paid Thursday, but... the closest MAC counter is an hour away. I use to live in Miami and had counters EVERYWHERE... now the closest one is an HOUR away (like 3 counters, a store, and a pro store).

MissMarley

has anyone seen apricot pink in person yet? any idea how close it is to goldenaire/deckchair? how about the other two pigments? i really want to know if they are *must-have* or if they're very similiar to existing pigments...

swaly

Hmm...so this collection isn't out yet? I'd be so sad if I missed out on the glitter liners and the pink nailpolish!

I stopped by my mac counter yesterday and lisa my fave ma helped me decide that I needed fix+ and the 187 plus a few other things. I told her I needed 2 be good cuz I'm going nuts on sweetie cake. Sooooo she then whipped everything out 2 show me the new goods. Let me tell u everything is sooooo cute. Can't it be the 13th already!?!?

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
has anyone seen apricot pink in person yet? any idea how close it is to goldenaire/deckchair? how about the other two pigments? i really want to know if they are *must-have* or if they're very similiar to existing pigments...

I saw these at my counter a few days ago and they are nothing like goldenaire or deckchair its very pink in person -she let me open it just not play with it.- but I have both and am going to be getting all 3 of these pigments.

-x-buttercup-x-

Apparently we aren't getting this
ssad.gif
And I NEED those pigments!

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

Anyone who's seen the collection, can you describe each of the pigments in as much detail as you can? Are they like any other pigments? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantMAKEUPmyMIND
Anyone who's seen the collection, can you describe each of the pigments in as much detail as you can? Are they like any other pigments? Thanks.

As for goldenaire and lovely lilly they don't look like any of the new piggies. I haven't seen a lot of pigments but they look new different and gorgeous. I will be getting all of them. And the quad. And the glitter pencils oh jeez I'm just buyin it all lol

SMMY

does anyone know if the pigments are eye and lip safe as well? I want all of them anyway, but it would really seal the deal if they were.

XoXo

wow..i want the nail polishes..the pigments..the eyeliners..mouth watering lipglass. wow i want everything
eyelove.gif

pinkchk

ahhhh

i think i'm gonna wait on the piggies but here's my list

the quad

eyepencils: ultrachill, nightsky, reflecto

lipglass: pink meringue, sweetie cake, mouthwatering

nail laquer: both

petit-gloss: glaze, plum parfait.

that's my list i've talked my fiance into buying it for me for my b-day which is aug. lol... because it wont be around come my birthday. he loves mac and said yes ;o)

whooo hoooo!

maandusa

i worked an event yesterday and used the Sweetie Cake quad when i got there... Almond Icing = Vex. if they aren't exactly the same, they're so damn close that i kept calling Almond Icing Vex all day... and i couldn't tell the difference between them on my N4(SF)/NC15(SFF) skin.

i wasn't particularly into this collection when i saw the promos, because i'm more into either neutrals or bright, warm colors rather than pastels, but i have to admit, it's very pretty, after having seen it in person. the glitter liners are GORGEOUS, and i don't even like glitter -- i may have to get one!

the pigments and lipglasses didn't really do anything for me. i was hoping Apricot Pink was going to be more apricot than pink, but in my opinion, it was way more pink than apricot.

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianna
You've tested the glitter kohls? Are the glitter particles big or tiny?

I tested all of them and they are GORGEOUS!

enka

I got my CP Sweetie Cake today!!!
I love it! Rose topping is the nailpolish I've waited forever MAC to offer. Sheer, sublte, but still punkrock!
The Petit glosses looks so cute, you just don't want to use them! I got Plum Parfait and Glaze, both sheer and balmy, but nice! I have to back up them, when they are avialiable in Germany.
The quad is awesome! Almond Icing is a more pinked up version of Vex imho, great for spring and a good colour for wash on light MU days. Sugar Blue is a little bit dry, it's not so easy to blend it, I was a little bit dissapointed, because I wanted it to be as smooth than Aquadisiac. But the "chocolate muted pink" e/s is perfect! This is the kind of colour I was looking for! Love!
No eyeliner, no piggies for me, I'll get whem, when they are in Germany!

AimeeLynn

Hey anyone in US got the plum parfait yet?? I live in wisconsin and the mac counters have yet received that petit-gloss yet!! I am dieing here I got glaze but I really want plum parfait!!!

Latest posts