Teeth Whiteners

exballerina

I had the Zoom whitening treatment done and I really like the result. Although my teeth were kinda white to begin with, it really did make a difference. Not only do my teeth look whiter but the just look a lot cleaner for some reason. But the thing with the Zoom is that after the treatment I couldn't use my Sonicare (electric) toothbrush for a week because my gums were really tired and week. So, I don't reccomend getting the Zoom done if your gums are sensitive because you'll go through what I went through but... worse. But other then the discomfort after the treatment [only lasted a week], everything went back to normal after that. Zoom is really good.

i used Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus...my mom said that my teeth were noticibly white after the 3rd day. but they hurt like crazy for me. and they didn't really stay on my teeth. after the 5th day of using it i found out since i had braces..i put the whitestrips on and then put on my clear retainers on so they wouldn't slide off. i didn't finish the thing, cuz my teeth hurt. but yes, they really whiten your teeth.

karen

gosmile! works great and doesn't make your teeth hurt/oversensitive.

expensive, but safe & effective.

user3

Go Smile has been my fave so far. I really use teeth whiteners.
I rely on my Mendent toothpaste. I has never let me down.
greengrin.gif

However, I don't smoke, drink coffee, tea or sodas. Chocolate is about the worse I get when it comes to my teeth.

dirtygirl

i have custom bleach trays and whitening gel that another specktra member (and my bestest friend), PIMPTRESS, made for me! (she works at a dental office.) It worked awesome and now my teeth are pretty white!

my boyfriend paid an assload for britesmile, but the results were super fantastic!

also, i think i remember pimptress saying that a lot of dental offices will give you free custom trays if you come in for an initial consultation or something? i don't remember all the details so i'll let her tell y'all about that. i told her about this thread and that she needs to come post!!
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Well, I broke down and started using the Supersmile stuff - it has a whitening toothpaste and whitening accelerator, supposed to last a month or so. It does work, been using it a week and a half, but wishing it was quicker!

Still, I have sensitive teeth and it's cheaper than GoSmile so I can't really complain.

MacLover

I work for a dentist, and we sell more Crest Whitestrips than the Zoom and the Take Home Whitening Kits. Alot of our patients that have done the Zoom, have complained that they have MAJOR sensitivity. We have had alot of patients say they have had better results with the Crest Whitestrips than any other product. We have some patients say it causes them to have some sensitivity. When I use them, I brush with a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I use Sensodyne Maximum Strength with Fluoride. It helps me with the sensitivity.

I am not a dentist and i'm only saying this works for me. I can't claim it will work for others. Just thought I might mention what we tell our patients to do for the sensitivity they have when they whiten their teeth.

It actually depends on the individual and weather they drink tea, red wine, sodas or eat blueberries and other fruits/foods that cause your teeth to stain. Also if your a smoker or tobacco chewer (yuck....sorry) the effects don't last as long, or you may not get good results at all.

MacLover

I love the Crest Whitestrips. We can't keep them in stock we sell so much of them. And they are much stronger if you get them from a dentist, than if you buy them at a Walmart or Target or any drugstore that sells them.

I also use the Crest Vivid White toothpaste. Out of all of them I like this one the best. It's not as rough on my teeth as the others, and doesn't cause me to have as much sensitivity.

HaHa you would think I was doing a Crest commercial the way i'm talking about their products. LOL

lover*

I definatly would like to recomment the classic crest whitening strips. For only $20 at walmart I got:

A much whiter smile!!
A bargain, I think.
I had NO sensitivity! I was totally freaked out after reading all of these sensitivity horror stories, but there wasn't an issue.

The strips were no problem either. The didn't slide around, and I could use them while doing anything I normally would, besides eating, haha.

I would totally try them out!!

SpareMyHeart

Its might be a stupid question,but is there anything out there that doesnt irritate your teeth??
Im too chicken to try anything cuz im afraid of the pain lol

stacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by melony
I use baking soda and peroxide as gargle/mouthwash every other day-they work(my teeth are very white)
formom.jpg

Peroxcide like in the brown bottle? And mix it with baking soda? Or how does it work? I'm curious... I drink a lot of tea because of my husband's family and my teeth are far from white.
ssad.gif

jackie100

I was in agony from the whitestrips even though i used them once every other day! The pain was intolerable, I took a bunch of aspirin and it didn't help. I was literally up all night kicking the bed and in agony.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out (all 4) and have had other minor surgery before and the pain was not as bad as these damn white strips...

It's like shooting sharp pain and horrible sensitivity, I tried using sensodyne anti-sensitivity toothpaste and it didn't help.

I could literally feel my nerves. And I did not even use the Premium Whitestrips, just the regular ones from the store.

I am a chicken for pain. I am sure there are worse pains than sensitive teeth such as breaking your bones or giving birth, but ugh, I just can't stand any pain at all and the sensitivity made me want to yank my hair out...

And reading about how people had discomfort with Zoom and Britesmile... ugh.... I'm sure that discomfort has to be worse than whitestrips... I might need Vicodin or something...

lara

Big props to the new Listerine whitening pre-brush mouth rinse! It's a mild hydrogen peroxide mix in a mint mouthwash solution, and it helps to get rid of any surface stains.

Between that and a standard Colgate whitening, I can keep my teeth a fairly healthy colour (I'm cursed with natrually yellowed teeth - not smokers yellow, just standard slightly yellowed teeth. Thanks mum!).

ostentatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLover
I work for a dentist, and we sell more Crest Whitestrips than the Zoom and the Take Home Whitening Kits. Alot of our patients that have done the Zoom, have complained that they have MAJOR sensitivity. We have had alot of patients say they have had better results with the Crest Whitestrips than any other product. We have some patients say it causes them to have some sensitivity. When I use them, I brush with a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I use Sensodyne Maximum Strength with Fluoride. It helps me with the sensitivity.

I am not a dentist and i'm only saying this works for me. I can't claim it will work for others. Just thought I might mention what we tell our patients to do for the sensitivity they have when they whiten their teeth.

It actually depends on the individual and weather they drink tea, red wine, sodas or eat blueberries and other fruits/foods that cause your teeth to stain. Also if your a smoker or tobacco chewer (yuck....sorry) the effects don't last as long, or you may not get good results at all.

I drink a lot of White Tea (From the Green Tea family...) Would this be contributing to stained teeth?

ostentatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Big props to the new Listerine whitening pre-brush mouth rinse! It's a mild hydrogen peroxide mix in a mint mouthwash solution, and it helps to get rid of any surface stains.

Between that and a standard Colgate whitening, I can keep my teeth a fairly healthy colour (I'm cursed with natrually yellowed teeth - not smokers yellow, just standard slightly yellowed teeth. Thanks mum!).

Is that the stuff advertised at the moment? Where the girl is walking the runway whilst using it? haha.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostentatious
Is that the stuff advertised at the moment? Where the girl is walking the runway whilst using it? haha.

That's the stuff.
smiles.gif