"THANK YOU'S" FOR GOING ABOVE & BEYOND! SPECKTRA IS AMAZING!

PixieDancer

When I joined Specktra I thought "hey, I'll learn about launches and products and maybe find some cool people on there that share my love (OBSESSION) for makeup." NEVER in a million years did I expect to find a community of such wonderful people!

In just the last few days I have witnessed PURPLERINNE offer to send ladies Fall Trend Palettes who couldn't get their hands on them, countless offers to CP for one another, MAC-GUY's COUNTLESS recommendations and swatches, and just today my awesome "skin twin" Michelle "SHELLCAT" offered to send me a "Whisper of Guilt" Highlighter that I was kicking myself for missing out on! Her Back Up! And she asked for NOTHING in return! Even when I tried to force feed her SOMETHING in exchange! Just a selfless act of kindness to a stranger. Now, maybe I shouldn't be saying this. Some people do good deeds for the simple joy it brings. But dammit I had to acknowledge the pure awesomeness of it! It's rare. It's special. And It deserves recognition. Michelle, you are a gem! The world should have more people like you in it!

Lots of people I know would just say all this Specktra posting, makeup website stalking, swatching, FOTD's, NOTD's, EOTD's, reviews, and recommendations is nonsense, but all of us on here know differently! We are a true community bonded by a love... And I for one, think it's pretty amazing how something as simple as makeup can bring people together in the nicest most sincere way!

So... I wanted to start this thread as a way of showing my Thanks to Shellcat and ALL Specktra members who go out of their way all the time to help each other and show kindness to each other! PLEASE share a "thank you" and story of someone who's gone out of their way for you. I'm sure there's MANY of these stories! And they really should be shared!

Maybe a way to find peace in the world is to make everyone a Specktra!!!

Dreaming Dancer

it is so amazing to witness such kindness. There are numerous times where just seeing someone be so kind on here has brightened my day because it is proof there is a lot of good in the world. What a great post PixieDancer! it is so great to all be brought together by a common love, all around the world. The beauty shines brightly from the inside out. :)

PixieDancer

it is so amazing to witness such kindness. There are numerous times where just seeing someone be so kind on here has brightened my day because it is proof there is a lot of good in the world. What a great post PixieDancer! it is so great to all be brought together by a common love, all around the world. The beauty shines brightly from the inside out. :)
It really IS!!
And saying there's beauty here in more ways than the obvious is a perfect statement!

OctoberViolet

grouphug2.gif

th_ymca.gif

dothewave.gif
kissy.gif

As Sister Sledge sings it, We are family!!!!! I really do love & appreciate all you fellow Specktrettes. I'm so glad I found this site.
th_hug.gif
kissy.gif

mac_aiken

We are truly family around here (much more so than other sites). I have been on here for a few years now and it has always been one of the most positive places you can be. I have been able to share my non-makeup oriented life with the friends I have made here as well. Even though I have never met any of you face to face I really feel that I am among friends.

iheartmakeup412

Great post! I love specktra even though I don't post much. I'm a member on other forums ( makeup related and non makeup related) I find myself not wanting to ask questions or post anything at all because people can be so mean. Here on specktra everyone is so kind, positive, and willing to help and answer questions.

honey on boost

I haven't been here long but I have to say that you ladies/gentlemen are so sweet! I've witnessed a few of these ROAK's and it brings joy to my heart everytime I see it. I'm from another forum where we do the same thing and it really can get addicting! lol

Everyone has been very welcoming and I even had a member help me hunt down a backup of Reel Sexy that I purchased today.

I'm glad I joined Specktra and look forward to becoming part of your family :)

Shellcat

Awwww! Girl, you are VERY welcome! It was YOU that inspired me to do it.

You offered your item to me in a selfless act last night, and that was incredible that you would do such a thing.

It was your random act of kindness that inspired me!
bouquet.gif

So yes, I am sending you the WoG tomorrow and I know you will enjoy it. Afterall, it is better that it gets some love, instead of sitting in my BU stash!

And I can't think of a better person to give it to than you.

Dang! There is a love fest in here!
heart.gif

GlamQueen21

I love coming on here and have been since 2008. Specktra is the most positive place to be. I have learned so much from members who have been on this site longer than I have and it is great to be part of the Specktra family.

PixieDancer

Awwww! Girl, you are VERY welcome! It was YOU that inspired me to do it.

You offered your item to me in a selfless act last night, and that was incredible that you would do such a thing.

It was your random act of kindness that inspired me!
bouquet.gif

So yes, I am sending you the WoG tomorrow and I know you will enjoy it. Afterall, it is better that it gets some love, instead of sitting in my BU stash!

And I can't think of a better person to give it to than you.

Dang! There is a love fest in here!
heart.gif
I LOVE a Love Fest! HeeHee
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif
heart.gif
kissy.gif
heart.gif
girlhaha.gif
heart.gif
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

I just can't gush enough about you girl! And I cannot take an ounce of credit for your act of kindness.
You used the term "pay it forward" when we were chatting earlier... THAT really says so much!
In little ways everyday, I see that on here. And it truly makes me proud to be a part of such a wonderful community.

If I could give you an award Shellcat, I would! "MOST FANTASTIC & SWEETIE PIE-NESS SKIN TWIN SISTER" Award

And everyone that's commented... You are all "familiar faces" to me now in just a very short time I've been here. I think that's the thing that REALLY "gets" me! How we are all essentially strangers, but you are definitely some of the VERY nicest people I come in contact with every single day!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Pixie, thank YOU for starting this thread. I've been on the board for a couple of years now and I feel like I learn things every time I log on. I love reading people's thoughts and getting their opinions and I consider myself lucky to have gotten to know some pretty amazing people. Like you, I've had wonderful luck with people offering to help me out with items I haven't been able to get up here and passing on some kind words when I really needed them.

Shellcat

Ditto sweetie.

Thanks for your kind words!
blush-anim-cl.gif

I LOVE a Love Fest! HeeHee
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif
heart.gif
kissy.gif
heart.gif
girlhaha.gif
heart.gif
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

I just can't gush enough about you girl! And I cannot take an ounce of credit for your act of kindness.
You used the term "pay it forward" when we were chatting earlier... THAT really says so much!
In little ways everyday, I see that on here. And it truly makes me proud to be a part of such a wonderful community.

If I could give you an award Shellcat, I would! "MOST FANTASTIC & SWEETIE PIE-NESS SKIN TWIN SISTER" Award

And everyone that's commented... You are all "familiar faces" to me now in just a very short time I've been here. I think that's the thing that REALLY "gets" me! How we are all essentially strangers, but you are definitely some of the VERY nicest people I come in contact with every single day!

PixieDancer

Pixie, thank YOU for starting this thread. I've been on the board for a couple of years now and I feel like I learn things every time I log on. I love reading people's thoughts and getting their opinions and I consider myself lucky to have gotten to know some pretty amazing people. Like you, I've had wonderful luck with people offering to help me out with items I haven't been able to get up here and passing on some kind words when I really needed them.
Thank you for sharing! I can see why you are so embraced in this community! I always see you passing on the kindest words yourself! And I have bought many a product thanks to your recommendatons and beautiful pictures you post! Thank YOU for welcoming me here and allowing me to share in the LOVE!!

purplerinne

awww thank u for the shout out! I feel that everyone should have their Mac and for someone that lives so close to stores/counters I feel I should share the wealth haha.

MACina

PixieDancer...I would like to thank you so much starting this thread
bouquet.gif

Every word written here is so true!!!

I love to visit specktra...as GlamQueen said:"It is great to be part of the Specktra family".
Everyone here is so friendly and helpful.I have learned so much from you all since I joined Specktra.

Sometimes it makes me a little sad that my English is not good enough to post more and I am always a little worried that you might not understand me
blush-anim-cl.gif

I am still amazed at the kindness of purplerinne!!!
Thank you so much again for getting the palette for me!

I would love to say so much more but I can not find the right words....I just want to thank you all
grouphug2.gif

cutemiauw

PixieDancer, thank you for starting this thread
bouquet.gif

Maybe most of you here didn't really know me because I haven't been posting much lately on the active MAC threads. But I enjoyed reading your hauls, banters, and jokes
amuse.gif

I was taking time off from Specktra because I needed to control my budget. But as it turns out, I really miss the warmth and the fun on the forum so I came back :D. Besides, I kept buying MU anyways, so it's better to make informed purchases ;).

Also, it's been lovely to know more German ladies here... I even get to meet a fellow Specktrettes living in the same city as mine (turns out we're only a few blocks away!)

grouphug2.gif
Thank you for being you!!!

martiangurll

specktra_rocks.gif
What a lovely post. This is the nicest forum I have ever visited. I cannot believe the generosity here. It really restores your faith in humanity.

gracie90

I totally agree! I joined Specktra just over a year ago, looking for swatches and ended up sticking around! Everyone is just so lovely and kind, and I've never felt anything less than welcome
flower.gif

DILLIGAF

I love Specktra because its a place where I can share my hobby/passion without judgment. Too many people in my real life would think this is just a superficial waste of time and money. However I love getting new products and trying them not only on myself but on others. I've learned SOOOOO much since I left my days as a lurker behind. I've tried things I wouldn't have even considered due to recommendations from others. I enjoy the people here and the interactions come with it, I belong to many forums covering a wide range of interests from video games to books and I have to say that Specktra is the MOST positive one of them all.

Latest posts