"THANK YOU'S" FOR GOING ABOVE & BEYOND! SPECKTRA IS AMAZING!

Spanky

I would like to say thanks to all of the wonderful folks on here. I'm relatively new to this forum and MAC as well(I just got into MAC last year:) and I'm able to make purchases on the MAC website fully informed from reading all of the insightful posts and fabulous swatches from everyone here instead of having to deal with the hassle at the counter. Oh and much love to everyone who post the free shipping codes :bouquet:
Any time we can help, let us know Indie Princess! Glad u r here.

Spanky

FYI- super thanks to Pixie Oprah for saying she would get my goods if I couldn't on Thursday due to health stuff. I'm not holding you to that but it goes to show that there is still pure generosity
You can MOST DEFINITELY hold me to that... I'd be happy to help!  Just PM me and let me know if there's anything you need me to pick up for you!  It's the least I can do to help a friend out... Especially when I know it can mean a lot in times of stress.  Just to know someone cares!  You are a doll!!
Thanks Pixie! I'm sending u a big bear hug right now! I've been so d--n emotional lately, I seriously could cry. But I think my husband will lock me in the closet if I start up again, which would be ok since my makeup closet is in there! Lol.

LMD84

Thanks Pixie! I'm sending u a big bear hug right now! I've been so d--n emotional lately, I seriously could cry. But I think my husband will lock me in the closet if I start up again, which would be ok since my makeup closet is in there! Lol.
i think we all have times where we get emotional... at the end of last year i was in a pretty down and depressed state but coming on here each day really lifted my spirits :) take care of yourself sweetie!

PeachTwist

I have to agree with everyone - everyone here is so wonderful and supportive.

I have literally spent ALL day today on this forum. I have a busy, hectic life with college, taking care of my unwell Mom and dealing with so many other things and MAC and Specktra ALWAYS help boost my spirits. Today was one day I actually got to myself and it was so nice to just browse the whole forum and make comments and see swatches and hauls.

As others have said - if anyone *ever* needs to talk - feel free to send me a PM! I'm super happy to listen and help in any way that I can. :)

EOTD-Fanny

I´ve only been here since last fall,
but I feel like I´m home.
Everyone is so nice here!

specktra_rocks.gif

baghdad81

Shout out to richelle and Nayadine for the great work in looking up swatches and swatching! Also a big thanks to all the ladies in HC Thread who contributed swatches: Lisa, man-eater, elegant!

MAChostage

Even the smallest jab can stick with someone forever, whether that was the intention or not. On the other hand the slightest acknowledgement, smile or hello could mean the world to someone.
This.Right.Here.

Great thread, ladies and gents!

nunu

Aw this is such a sweet thread! I've been a member for over 4 years and I've always loved it here :grouphug:

sereagoso

This was a great thread to read :)

I have lurked on here for years, always afraid to post and engage in conversation. After reading how nice everyone here was, I finally built up the courage to start interacting and start posting more. I was always afraid I would comment and sound stupid! But I have never once been made to feel like that by anyone on here, ever. I don't get to post as much as I would like as I work extremely long hours almost 7 days a week, but it is refreshing to come on here once and awhile and read posts from people who share the same obsession as me. I am the only one in my circle of friends who is obsessed over makeup, and no one else seems to get it! I always feel that I am being judged because of how much money I spend, how much makeup I have, etc. etc.

heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif

Spanky

This was a great thread to read :) I have lurked on here for years, always afraid to post and engage in conversation. After reading how nice everyone here was, I finally built up the courage to start interacting and start posting more. I was always afraid I would comment and sound stupid! But I have never once been made to feel like that by anyone on here, ever. I don't get to post as much as I would like as I work extremely long hours almost 7 days a week, but it is refreshing to come on here once and awhile and read posts from people who share the same obsession as me. I am the only one in my circle of friends who is obsessed over makeup, and no one else seems to get it! I always feel that I am being judged because of how much money I spend, how much makeup I have, etc. etc.  :heart: :heart: :heart:
Glad ur here Sereagoso. Definitely no judgements on here about how much we obsess & spend on MU!

sephoraholic

and THIS is why specktra is, by far, my favourite online community! Filled with such helpful, sweet people who share the same passion
heart.gif

Spanky

i think we all have times where we get emotional... at the end of last year i was in a pretty down and depressed state but coming on here each day really lifted my spirits :) take care of yourself sweetie!
Thank u Lou! This such a sweet post, it made my day. I hope all is going well for u, as I know u were going thru some things lately. We are all rooting for you! Before I knew Specktra existed I stumbled across ur videos & always loved watching u talk about ur favs & tutorials! I'm not sure if u had ur Disney trip yet, but I'm from there & it's stinking hot & make sure u load on the sunscreen- even on cloudy days. The sun, heat & humidity in Orlando is wicked!

Jenrbelt

I'm loving it!:eyelove: Just joined and was expecting people to ignore me since I am new! Surprisingly, I was made to feel very welcomed by all. My husband, friends, or family do not understand my makeup obsession at all, lots of eyerolls! Speaking of depression, I have felt very run-down lately caretaking all of the feelings of those around me. Yesterday was a downer day for me and I felt like I had no where to turn since those around me were looking to me to be lifted and were all suffering from their own problems. I didn't want to burden anyone with my small problems, so I found myself here, and it seved as my little piece of sanity!

PixieDancer

Speaking of depression, I have felt very run-down lately caretaking all of the feelings of those around me. Yesterday was a downer day for me and I felt like I had no where to turn since those around me were looking to me to be lifted and were all suffering from their own problems. I didn't want to burden anyone with my small problems, so I found myself here, and it seved as my little piece of sanity!
Hope you're having a much better day today doll! We are very happy to have you here!! Just let us know whenever you need a pic-me-up... we are a great group of people for that!
friends.gif

martiangurll

Hope you're having a much better day today doll! We are very happy to have you here!! Just let us know whenever you need a pic-me-up... we are a great group of people for that!
friends.gif
Hey, I just want to acknowledge how thoughtful it was of you to purchase an e/s at your counter for me because you heard me bemoaning how I missed out on it and you knew they still had one. Pixie, you are one of the MANY folks on here that make this forum great.
heart.gif

PixieDancer

Hey, I just want to acknowledge how thoughtful it was of you to purchase an e/s at your counter for me because you heard me bemoaning how I missed out on it and you knew they still had one. Pixie, you are one of the MANY folks on here that make this forum great.
heart.gif
Awwww! It was absolutely my pleasure! It was meant to be for you to have that eyeshadow! I love it here!!

MACerette

I am really happy too to have discovered Specktra and finally joining. What a relief to be amongst people that are just like myself, who understand me.

The Specktrettes are really supportive and sweet. Love this place
urock.gif

OhSoJaded

heart.gif
I'm going to chime in and agree. Pixie is beyond awesome. She helped me out w/ Modern Pewter as well by volunteering her BU! This isn't the first time I've seen Pixie go out of her way to help us find what we need.

This goes for many of the wonderful people I've see post on Specktra. These boards are by far the best boards I've ever posted on (regardless of the topic). People motivate and compliment each other here and genuinely want to help. It's really amazing. Sometimes, I think that all of you are nicer to me (a random stranger hiding behind a computer screen) than some of the people I know in real life.

I
heart.gif
Specktra (yet somehow, I feel like my wallet isn't as big of a fan as I am!)

friends.gif

PixieDancer

I'm going to chime in and agree. Pixie is beyond awesome. She helped me out w/ Modern Pewter as well by volunteering her BU! This isn't the first time I've seen Pixie go out of her way to help us find what we need.

This goes for many of the wonderful people I've see post on Specktra. These boards are by far the best boards I've ever posted on (regardless of the topic). People motivate and compliment each other here and genuinely want to help. It's really amazing. Sometimes, I think that all of you are nicer to me (a random stranger hiding behind a computer screen) than some of the people I know in real life.

I
heart.gif
Specktra (yet somehow, I feel like my wallet isn't as big of a fan as I am!)

friends.gif
I responded to you on the EC thread but I'll say it again... YOU make it easy to do something nice! You're such a DOLL!! Every person I have offered to help on here is just the sweetest! And you're ABSOLUTELY right... showing kindness to a "random stranger" is one of the most unique things about good people. You never know how that might affect someone you don't even know in the nicest possible way. How simple is a kind act? Yet, we don't see it often enough. You said the world would be a better place on the EC Thread... and you're right! Shellcat referenced "paying it forward!" that's a great way to describe how we can help make the world a better place... even with the smallest gesture of kindness!

It's going to sound MEGA cheezy... but I like how something that makes us beautiful on the outside can help us make our INSIDE more beautiful as well! CHEEZY CHEESE! But True!