The all new shop your stash challenge!

Snarkling

Hi all!

Sorry I wasn't able to post pictures yesterday and I won't be able to today either because I'm going to be out, good news is that means double looks since obviously I'm not wearing the same thing for the office that I am to a party! Also, means fun colors!

Everyone is looking amazing, plus I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for doing so well!

Jenn - Love your swatches!! Also, I love Heartless too, has to be one of my favorite reds, I'm hoping I can find a backup at one of the CCOs. I think I have Formidable at home too! Hate when the camera won't pick up how pretty something is.

Debi - Love your bold neutral look - don't you hate when the picture wash out? How are you liking the Inglot shadows? I just go my first pallet, but I haven't used it yet since i'm trying to make myself use some of my old and neglected stuff first.

Katred - I love your eye look and Go For It! looks amazing on you, I have no idea why I passed on it! Sorry to give you another lemming, it really is beautiful, have you seen their new palette for summer? I think its so pretty! My boyfriend promised to buy it for me as my last hurrah since he put me on a no buy because we're trying to save for a house.

ElvenEyes

Snarkling~I love Inglot! Everything is super pigmented, so use a light hand until you know what you really want! I would say pigmentation wise they are like NARS and stronger than MAC, but wonderful colours...quite a massive range, really. Glitters are really glittery, mattes are very matte, etc. Names instead of numbers would be a lot easier, but maybe that will come in the future. Everything lasted all day...they outlasted my 24/7 liner! I just washed my face. I could have put lipstick on and gone to a party! Blush I have mixed feelings about. Very pigmented, but lean on the darker side and the ones with glitter are too glittery. When I put NARS Angelika on, the glitter disappears. Not so with Inglot. It has flecks that I had to brush away. It was like rolling in Christmas decorations. Hehehe... I do have some lipsticks and nail polish on their way. I look forward to trying them out. I will definitely be planning another Inglot e/s palette though! I was really impressed!

LMD84

i'm annoyed with myself because i haven't used many pigments at all this week! in fact today i am using urban decay instead!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yay us for shopping our stashes!
clapping.gif

I haven't bought a lot of Inglot yet, but I have to say that I really like they're shadows for the price. They're considerably larger than Mac's and, although they don't have as many really nuanced shades, their range is massive. I also love the fact that I was able to find an actual red eye shadow- not pinky or orange, but red. It has a gorgeous gold shimmer in it that is just breathtaking. My only issue with the shadows is that they can be a bit powdery, so I always have to clean off the surface after applying. They've become my go-to for nice, matte highlighters, though.

Jenn- Loooooooooooove the red lips on you. That combination is just killer. I don't know why, but I just seem incapable of resisting any red lip products. I have to stay away from the Chanel counter...

Here's my look from yesterday. I tried some bright colours in order to try to take my mind off the fact that it's been grey and rainy here for weeks. Unfortunately, I also had a nasty hangover (whoops), which is why I have that adorable puffiness under my eyes. They have not made the concealer that can brighten my eyes after a rough night.

Here's what I used :

Face- MARS Sheer Glow in MOnt Blanc, Mac Prolongwear concealer in NW20, Mac Miss Behave MB (as a highlight), Mac powder blush in Rhubarb
Eyes- Painterly p/p as base, Crystal Available e/s, Bright Sunshine e/s, Blacktrack fluidline, Fascinating eye kohl, YSL Faux Cils mascara
Lips- Fusion Pink

I would just like to say that, although I normally gravitate towards cooler tones, Fusion Pink is my favourite hot pink lipstick ever, even more than Show Orchid. It has so much depth and I've yet to find anything that quite matches it.

rockin

I'm really liking Fusion Pink on you, Katred. That lippy has just joined my 'most wanted' list!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm really liking Fusion Pink on you, Katred. That lippy has just joined my 'most wanted' list!
It's a wonderful colour- I've seriously never seen one that's like it from anyone. It's bright, but it's also very nuanced, which I think keeps it from being really "shocking" pink. It's great especially in the summer.

Decided to go with a softer colour yesterday, so I chose Plink! I'm really sorry that Mac discontinued this one, because it is such a flattering shade. I realise that they have lots of nude-pinks, but I felt that this one was just a little further to the pink side, so it was a bit different. I guess the sales weren't there... Since everyone's been talking about Saffron coming out with Surf Baby recently, I figured I'd use mine from Mickey Contractor.

Full look:

Face : NARS MARS sheer glow in Mont Blanc, Mac prolongwear concealer in NW20, Hipness blush, Truth & Light Magically Cool Liquid Powder
Eyes : Inglot #351, NARS MARS e/s Night Star, Mac Firecracker, Saffron, Blacktrack Fluidline, YSL Faux Cils mascara
Lips : Plink!

littlepickle

Katred - love the pairing of Bright Sunshine and Fusion Pink, I shall have to try that! Gorgeous nude look with Saffron, and I shall have to see if they still have Plink! at my local counter - we're behind for most things, the only Pro store in NZ still has 7.5g pigments! :O
Jenn - you are making me neeeeed Heartless. Ruby Woo as listed as a dupe and I have that, but I imagine with the textures being so different, I can justify tracking it down, right? :p Oh, and Maleficent is the best villain!
Debi - love the bold neutral look, you look lovely :) Which Rouge Volupte are you wearing? I love those lippies! I have #27 Rose Paris and #8 Fetish Pink, if memory serves.

I went away for the weekend for my birthday/mother's day and out to dinner with family :) This is from Saturday night with my younger brother & dad - lol at the facial expressions:

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Mighty Aphrodite blush (just the peach side), Porcelain Pink MSF
EYES: Lime Crime primer, MAC Bare Canvas paint, Dior Incognito palette - the shimmery tan shade all over the lid, a little MAC Style Snob e/s in the crease and Chanel Ivory e/s as a highlight, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Australis liquid liner
LIPS: Strange Potion l/g, but it's pretty worn off in the pic :)
Using the Dior palette was really the only stash shopping on Saturday as I use the rest quite regularly, but I thought I'd sneak it in here anyway ;)

Today's my actual birthday, and I wore this to go check out Quite Cute, which launched here today - along with Flighty, which was a surprise (to the staff too, I think, they didn't have the displayer, they made their own!):

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Oh So Fair Beauty Powder
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Shimmermint shadestick, Newly Minted e/s all over lid, Mood Ring e/s above crease, Vanilla pigment as highlight, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Australis liquid liner
LIPS: Possum Nose Pink l/g

I wanted something bright-ish to get me in the Quite Cute mood - not sure if I like Newly Minted on me though, what do you ladies think?
I was sure I was going to grab Giggly or Sakura from Quite Cute but passed on both for now. I may go back to look at Sakura again, but they just didn't grab me the way I expected them to and I wasn't interested in anything else from the collection :( I ended up purchasing Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon after falling in love with Temptalia's post on it - it's here if you haven't seen it: http://www.temptalia.com/look-red-lips-with-chanel-dragon
Can't wait to wear it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was sure I was going to grab Giggly or Sakura from Quite Cute but passed on both for now. I may go back to look at Sakura again, but they just didn't grab me the way I expected them to and I wasn't interested in anything else from the collection :( I ended up purchasing Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon after falling in love with Temptalia's post on it - it's here if you haven't seen it: http://www.temptalia.com/look-red-lips-with-chanel-dragon Can't wait to wear it!

Well, most importantly
happybirthday.gif
Hope you had a great time. That is such a cute photo of you out on the town!

I think Newly Minted looks lovely against your fair skin, definitely.

I also fell in love with Dragon via seeing it on Temptalia and on Austrian blogger Karrie's site (http://mackarrie.blogspot.com/2009/11/chanel-dragon.html). Her blog is actually a great source of inspiration for looks for fair-skinned ladies, I find. Since I picked it up, Dragon has become my favourite red lipstick ever. It is just incredible. I do think it's worth tracking down heartless, though. I don't mind the colour of Ruby Woo, but I HATE the texture- super-dry, to the point where I find it difficult to get a swatch on my hand. There are lots of beautiful reds out there, so I just never really feel the need to grab that one.

littlepickle

Thanks Katred! I actually adore the retro-glam look of Ruby Woo, so can put up with the texture. Bit of threadspamming, but here's some Ruby Woo love (that's my best friend Gina with me in the second pic, I think she's wearing a really light layer of Cult of Cherry lipglass!) - I wear it with Cherry lipliner:

littlepickle

Well, most importantly
happybirthday.gif
Hope you had a great time. That is such a cute photo of you out on the town!

I think Newly Minted looks lovely against your fair skin, definitely.

I also fell in love with Dragon via seeing it on Temptalia and on Austrian blogger Karrie's site (http://mackarrie.blogspot.com/2009/11/chanel-dragon.html). Her blog is actually a great source of inspiration for looks for fair-skinned ladies, I find. Since I picked it up, Dragon has become my favourite red lipstick ever. It is just incredible. I do think it's worth tracking down heartless, though. I don't mind the colour of Ruby Woo, but I HATE the texture- super-dry, to the point where I find it difficult to get a swatch on my hand. There are lots of beautiful reds out there, so I just never really feel the need to grab that one.
Oh my god, just looked at Karrie's blog. So many lemmings. My wallet is very upset with you, Katred!

rockin

Happy Birthday, Littlepickle :)

Ruby Woo looks great on you, and you've got me wanting to dig out my Possum Nose Pink, too

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh my god, just looked at Karrie's blog. So many lemmings. My wallet is very upset with you, Katred!
th_devil.gif
I love how she shows the details of which products go where... Makes it easier for us non-professionals to emulate.

And you've absolutely proven me wrong with Ruby Woo. That look is gorgeous on you- like a pin-up girl from the 50s. My bad. I guess I just can't get it to work on me... (You still need Heartless, though.)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I finally got around to trying something that I'd wanted to do for a while- a smoky eye with plum colours. I've done purple smoky eyes before, but always with cooler-toned shades. So this time I cracked open my pigments and decided to try using some of my very favourite tones.

Face :: NARS Mont Blanc, Mac prolongwear concealer NW20, Mac Plat it Proper Beauty Powder, Lancome Ballerine Butterflies Fever blush
Eyes :: Pink Opal Pigment, Tickles e/s (from Take Wing quad), Circa Plum pigment, Deep Purple pigment, Dark Diversion Fluidline, YSL Faux Cils mascara
Lips :: Radicchio l/s

I can't believe I'm already up to Day 27 of my 30-day lipstick challenge! I feel like I could keep going for months. Oh yeah, I actually could... I'll have to think of something different to try next, though.

LMD84

kate you look beautiful! the purple smokey eyes look great and you reminded me that i have not used my deep purple pigment yet!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
kate you look beautiful! the purple smokey eyes look great and you reminded me that i have not used my deep purple pigment yet!!

Thank you! I love the "Golden Grape" look you did by the way. Those colours look amazing on your complexion. And thank you for reminding me that I haven't pulled out Ban This! in far too long.

For anyone who wants a laugh, by the way, since we've all been sharing looks that worked, I decided to do a blog post about things I've done that went wrong...

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-faces-learn-from-my-fail.html

Hopefully I won't be repeating any of those mistakes again.

ElvenEyes

Oooh, everyone looks so pretty! LP~I love the red lips on you! It is perfect and yes, you do look like a pretty pin-up girl from the 40's or 50's...the kind the soldiers would have gone nuts for just to tuck in their lockers and peek at before falling asleep! It is perfect on you!

Katred~Love the soft pigments on you! They have a mysterious, dusky look! Very flattering!

So, I mixed it up again today now that the cramps are easing off. I noticed our lilacs are getting ready to bloom and was inspired!

Face:
MUFE HD Foundation 115
Bobbie Brown Concealer stick in Porcelain
MAC Creme Blush in So Sweet, So Easy
Maybelline Matte Dream Powder in Light

Eyes:
UDPP
Lancome Amethyst Glam Compact
UD 24/7 in Asphyxia
Covergirl LashBlast Volume Black

Lips:
Revlon Lipgloss in Lilac Pastel

Me, My eyes (the picture does not do justice to the glitter factor of these shadows, which pack a punch) and a blurry daylight picture in a open window on a very blustery day! Look at my hair flying behind me! At least you get to see how purples make my green eyes pop!

katred

Specktra Bestie
WOW!! That last photo where you can see your eyes outlined by those gorgeous purples is incredibly. It really makes your green eyes glow. Lovely look!

And I envy you your lilacs. The weather is *finally* starting to warm up here and all I keep thinking is that I miss living on a street with trees and that I miss having a balcony where I could keep a little summer garden.

Latest posts