The all new shop your stash challenge!

ElvenEyes

WOW!! That last photo where you can see your eyes outlined by those gorgeous purples is incredibly. It really makes your green eyes glow. Lovely look!

And I envy you your lilacs. The weather is *finally* starting to warm up here and all I keep thinking is that I miss living on a street with trees and that I miss having a balcony where I could keep a little summer garden.
Thank you! I am finding lighting for pictures is a lot trickier than I thought it would be! My face and hair look pale, but the eyeshadow came out bright! Go figure! None show how glittery it is. It is like wearing pigments. Very shiny and glittery and I love them!

Our weather is freezing tonight but hopefully the wind will keep the frost at bay. All my flowers and new plants are in the ground. Too late now!

LMD84

WOW!! That last photo where you can see your eyes outlined by those gorgeous purples is incredibly. It really makes your green eyes glow. Lovely look!

And I envy you your lilacs. The weather is *finally* starting to warm up here and all I keep thinking is that I miss living on a street with trees and that I miss having a balcony where I could keep a little summer garden.
i agree with this! Debi purples are very much your colour! wow! :)

today i didn't use any pigments again - i need to get back in the swing of this!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I can't believe I've already reached day 29 of my 30-day lipstick challenge. I'm feeling all sorts of pressure about what to do for my big finale. I'd sort of been planning to use Mac's Mystic at the end, because it's my favourite lipstick ever and I'll miss it when it's finally gone... I hope they introduce something like it, but I have a feeling it'll just be lost to time... Anyway, here's today's look featuring Mac's "The Prowl". This is one lipstick that I thought got lost in the wonderfulness that was Fabulous Felines. I know some people said that they found it streaky, but it's always been perfect for me. And I'm not usually a big fan of browns... Other than that, it was a Spring Colour Forecast day. One of the reasons that Mac has seemed so "meh" to me this year, I think is because SCF was so incredible last year. Yes, it was kind of overwhelming, but I'm still astonished at how much of it was really good and incredibly usable. I suppose, since I had more money at this time last year, it's good that they didn't do as well with the collections this year. But it still kind of bums me out. Here's hoping they get back in the game for Fall!

Face : NARS Sheer Glow Mont Blanc, Mac prolongwear concealer NW20, Magically Cool Liquid Powder Truth & Light, Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre
Eyes : Inglot #351, Nanogold, Lala, Black Tulip, Straw Harvest, Jungle Moon, On the Hunt Superslick Liquid Liner, YSL Faux Cils mascara
Lips : The Prowl

ElvenEyes

Katred~I love that lipstick on you! So pretty!

Today I went for something different! It is rainy and dismal out, and reminds me more of autumn than spring! So I really had fun shopping my stash today!

Face:
MUFE HD foundatiion 110
Bobbi Brown Concealer Stick in Alabaster
Clinique True Bronzer in 02 Sunkissed
MAC blush Buff
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush Pink Sugar
MAC MSF By Candlelight
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder Light

Eyes:
UDPP
Shiseido Palette in Wood Tones
UD 24/7 in Baked
Cover Girl Lash Blast in Black

Lips:
Inglot #164

littlepickle

Loving the latest looks, Debi & Kate! Those earthy tones are different but really lovely, Debi :)

Having a bit of a shop your stash fail today, because I reached for my new Chanel Dragon lippy again. But I used a neglected paint pot, and a nail polish too! No good pics of the nail polish sadly.

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Oh So Fair Beauty Powder, Perfect Topping Mineralize Skin Finish
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Naked Lunch e/s all over lid, Gleam e/s in crease, Rubenesque paint pot under lower lash line, Gleam e/s over Rubenesque, a little more Naked Paris on inner third of lower lash line, Chanel Ivory e/s as highlight, Australis liquid liner, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara (this is not as good as I remember it being, BOO!)
LIPS: MAC Cherry lipliner, Chanel Rouge Allure Laque #75 Dragon
NAILS: China Glaze DV8 - mmm, holographic teal. My nails look like paua shells.

littlepickle

D'oh, forgot to take a picture today in my mad scramble out the door! Having one of those days.
th_wallbash.gif

Had a better day of stash shopping though.. used Moss Scape & Vegas Volt, both of which I adore but they get overlooked for the new goodies and easy to grab faves - but not today! :)

FACE: Studio Sculpt NC15, Select Cover-Up NC15, Dollymix blush, Hoppin' e/s as highlighter
EYES: Lime Crime Primer, MAC Rubenesque p/p all over lid, Moss Scape p/p under lower lash line, Hoppin' e/s over Rubenesque with Dear Cupcake e/s in crease. A little Vanilla pigment as a highlight, and Lucky Green e/s over Moss Scape with a little Pastorale pigment in inner third of lower lash line. Australis liquid liner & Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara.
LIPS: Vegas Volt

EDIT: Home from work and into the snuggly warmth of my dressing gown! No more Vegas Volt since my dinner break and I'm about to wipe the rest off for bed, but you get the gist for the rest ;)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Lp- Wow!!! Dragon is stunning on you! Thanks for reminding me why it truly is my all-time favourite red. Simply a gorgeous look.

I'm so annoyed with Blogger today!! It's stopping me from doing anything because the site is down for maintenance. I was supposed to cap off my 30-day lipstick challenge today and I can't post... Harumph. In the end, I did decide to use Mystic as my final one. It's been with me (through a few tubes) for so long, I feel like I owe a debt to it... I ended up combining it with an old quad- the Inventive Eyes quad from a collection back in 2005. Paired with Flirt & Tease blush on the cheeks and Soft & Gentle MSF as a highlighter. So everything was pretty restrained next to the lips...

littlepickle

Awww, that sucks that Blogger is playing up and not letting you post, Kate. Sounds like a gorgeous look, and you are making me want to hunt down Mystic! Would love to see a pic :)

ElvenEyes

Shopping my stash!!

Face:
MUFE HD Foundation in 110
Bobbi Brown concealer stick in Alabaster
MAC MSF Natural Light
Illamasqua Cream Blush Promise
MAC Blush Pink Cult

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Vanilla, Da Bling, Sushi Flower, Cranberry
NYX Jumbo Pencils Oyster and Strawberry Milk
Stila Stay all Day fluid line Black
CoverGirl Lash Blast Black

Lips:
Inglot 140

I call it Maraschino Cherry look! ( which now makes me want an ice cream!!) Sorry about the eyeliner. It is only the 2nd time in my life I have tried a liquid liner!

Then....hair pulled back, different earrings, softer lipstick (MAC Lovelorn and Like Venus Dazzleglass) and I am ready to hit the town!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Debi, I absolutely love your "Maraschino" look! That lipstick is to die for!

I was finally able to post on blogger (it's amazing how addictive that is) and to complete my 30-day lip challenge. You can see my recap here:

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-faces-lips-locked.html

And all the day-by-day photos here:

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/p/30-days-of-lips.html

And here's a couple of photos of what the last look was like...

It's stupid, but I'm actually quite sad to know that Mac is discontinuing this colour. It's not just that I love the shade- sooner or later I'll find a dupe for it, I'm sure, but it's the fact that it's been my fallback deep red for more than a decade. I always have to have it in my stash, no matter how many other lipsticks I have, or I feel incomplete. It's not as bold as a really full-on red and it's not ultra-vampy like the dark ones. It's just a really cool shade. Sigh. All things must pass...

ElvenEyes

Katred~What a pretty, classical look you have going there! What a pity they are dropping that colour. I hate it when that happens. It looks fantastic on you. Is that colour still available so you can stock up on a few?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Katred~What a pretty, classical look you have going there! What a pity they are dropping that colour. I hate it when that happens. It looks fantastic on you. Is that colour still available so you can stock up on a few?

Thanks very much. It is still kicking around a few stores, so I'm buying myself a couple of back-ups. I'm wondering if Mac is up to something with their satin lipsticks, because a lot of the older ones seem to be on the chopping block at the moment.

ElvenEyes

Thanks very much. It is still kicking around a few stores, so I'm buying myself a couple of back-ups. I'm wondering if Mac is up to something with their satin lipsticks, because a lot of the older ones seem to be on the chopping block at the moment.
Hmmm...I didn't know that. I better check the chopping block list. I love satins. :(

LMD84

you can also call the mac gone but not forgotten line and they track things down and post them to you :) pretty cool! and something we don't get with the uk mac!

littlepickle

My partner flew off to Auckland to a concert yesterday, so since I had the house to myself I did a bit of stash shopping and created some looks for fun :) All MAC unless otherwise stated.

Sea Me Shadestick all over the lid and under lower lashes, Marine Ultra pigment all over lid, Entremauve pigment in crease and under lower lashes, If It Sparkles pigment as a highlight, Reflects Duo Purple over Entremauve under lower lashes, Engraved Powerpoint liner, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Australis liquid liner, Ardell Demi Pixies

Lemon Chiffon Shadestick as a base with Lithe pigment all over the lid. Copperclast pigment in the crease and under lower lash line, Provence pigment as a highlight, Undercurrent Pearglide liner on upper lash line, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, Ardell #116 lashes

NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a base, Sweet Sienna pigment all over lid, French Quarter Greasepaint Stick under lower lash line, Engraved Powerpoint liner on waterline, The Family Crest pigment in crease and on lower lash line, White pigment as highlight, Australis liquid liner, Smashbox Bionic mascara, Ardell #120 lashes

Vixstar

Oh look at all your beautiful faces!

I've been a very, very busy bee over the last few weeks - it's been very busy at work, and THEN my lucky boss went on a two-week trip to the states, so I was working even more. Sadly my nan also passed away last week, so all in all I've been very busy and frankly fairly lazy with make up! I've been trying to pick up different bits and pieces though and have worked through some old favourites that haven't seen the light of day in a while (Delphic fluidline got a few outings I have to admit!)

Just so this isn't text only, this was my make up from the weekend (colours to match the mad wig I was wearing!) - bearing in mind this was the morning after, you can imagine quite how BRIGHT ORANGE this pigment is. It's a sample someone gave me and I've no idea what brand it is - if you have any idea, please let me know!

Today I'm rocking the golds and bronzes from the Sleek 'Storm' palette which I'm loving a lot recently.

JennsJewelz

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop by - this past week has been ridiculous (even beyond my usual standard), and I'm only just starting to slow down a little bit again this week. I got my new Naked palette last week, and I put the SYS Challenge on hold for a while and just tried out the new palette. It is amazing - perfect for a quick wash of natural colour in a pinch (Sin is DIVINE), but also possible to do more fun, smokey looks. I literally had under 5 minutes each morning to do any makeup, so I've been quite minimalist! I'm excited to try some more looks out this week - I'll be starting again tomorrow with what's left of my stash (still not very much! :)). Today is a stay-at-home-to-do-work-and-clean day, so I don't have any makeup on yet, but I may take a quick break after my shower to come up with something :)

Everyone's looks are lovely - I hope you're all doing well!!! :D

katred

Specktra Bestie
Loving the eye looks and Jenn, I'm jealous you got the Naked palette! I'm hoping that my Sephora gets one in sometime in the near future. I already have Sin and I agree that it's one of the best shadows out there.

Now that I'm done trying out the Big Bounce shadows, I'm thinking of different ways I can make myself go through my stash. I suppose I could just try to randomly use things I haven't used in a while, but it's so much more fun if it's a challenge...

Vixstar

Now that I'm done trying out the Big Bounce shadows, I'm thinking of different ways I can make myself go through my stash. I suppose I could just try to randomly use things I haven't used in a while, but it's so much more fun if it's a challenge...
I set you a challenge! Er.... um... ok. An ABC challenge. Day 1 - something you haven't used for ages, starting with A. Day 2, something with B.... can you do A, B and C this week?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I set you a challenge! Er.... um... ok. An ABC challenge. Day 1 - something you haven't used for ages, starting with A. Day 2, something with B.... can you do A, B and C this week?

That's actually an awesome challenge... I'm quite sure I have an alphabet full one way or the other... Q and X, as usual, will be the problems. Fortunately, Mac has so many odd names that I probably do have some kicking around somewhere...