The Battle of Gorgeous Packaging! Is it Worth The Money?

nt234

I am such a sucker for pretty packaging (I blame my mummy, anything shiny/sparkly catches her eye and I'd like to believe she passed that on to me! lol), but I think I've gotten better. Alluring Aquatic was the first time I really got eye-happy, but it worked out, because I ended up using everything more than I originally expected to. I was going to get a Prabal Gurung item but it was just so expensive for MAC and the packaging wasn't impressive in person. I'd much rather spend my $32 on YSL any day - that packaging is worth it!

beautycool

Hi we'll I buy items in pretty packaging limited ed because I will use those items I hardly buy back ups of items maybe because I cannot afford it ? I don't know I mean even if I could afford it I don't need two of same rather spend it on another item I wanted some of the prabal when it came out but I didn't buy nothing I put the money towards other things I wanted Was bit disappointed as prob just wanted one lippy one gloss maybe The only collections I have bought lots from was playland and aa loved aa and I use that I'm not frightened of touching my make up just bc it's limited ed I supose I am careful of not ruining any design but still use

Candycoatedclos

I love pretty packaging but I have to be able to use it. That's a must. Chanel is famous for making beautiful items but I always remind myself at the end of the day I'm buying for the product. Otherwise your just a horder unless your a true makeup collector and I think majority of people aren't.
Very true. I have one thing from Chanel and it's gorgeous!

Candycoatedclos

I am such a sucker for pretty packaging (I blame my mummy, anything shiny/sparkly catches her eye and I'd like to believe she passed that on to me! lol), but I think I've gotten better. Alluring Aquatic was the first time I really got eye-happy, but it worked out, because I ended up using everything more than I originally expected to. I was going to get a Prabal Gurung item but it was just so expensive for MAC and the packaging wasn't impressive in person. I'd much rather spend my $32 on YSL any day - that packaging is worth it!
You hit it right on the head! If the price point of PG wasn't so elevated then it would've been worth it!

NaomiH

I like special packaging, but I'll never buy anything just for the packaging alone. If I don't like the product inside for whatever reason ,it's staying out of my stash. As far as Prabal, I skipped that whole collection because to me everything had been done so many times over the last year that the high markup just wasn't worth it to me.

HIC93

I keep every single box for all my make-up (Limited edition or not)!! Uses up alot of extra room but I feel anxious if they aren't all in their boxes!!!! x

beautycool

I keep every single box for all my make-up (Limited edition or not)!! Uses up alot of extra room but I feel anxious if they aren't all in their boxes!!!! x
Hi I have kept all my boxes mainly special ones really some of normal packaging they are too Me n my hubby put a box in the loft lol with all mac boxes in there and nars etc He said what's in here I said mind your own ( he only have a go at me for putting a big box with empty make up boxes in there ) Then he said no what's in there lol I said empty boxes he said empty boxes of what I said make up boxes lol He said why do u really need them I said yes lol For if I sell them Anyhow it does my head in leaving them in boxes As it's harder getting everything out of my muji etc with boxes x I have to go into muju drawer then get my make up out of the box takes uptime lol It looks pretty though in the muji with packaging :)

HIC93

Hi I have kept all my boxes mainly special ones really some of normal packaging they are too Me n my hubby put a box in the loft lol with all mac boxes in there and nars etc He said what's in here I said mind your own ( he only have a go at me for putting a big box with empty make up boxes in there ) Then he said no what's in there lol I said empty boxes he said empty boxes of what I said make up boxes lol He said why do u really need them I said yes lol For if I sell them Anyhow it does my head in leaving them in boxes As it's harder getting everything out of my muji etc with boxes x I have to go into muju drawer then get my make up out of the box takes uptime lol It looks pretty though in the muji with packaging :)
Pff what do men know ;) That's great!! I feel the same haha- I have mine all colour coordinated from my pinky nudes to my reds to my darker vampy colours!!! (i have one space unfortunately searching for the coveted Rhianna Talk that Talk!!!haha ) x

beautycool

Pff what do men know ;) That's great!! I feel the same haha- I have mine all colour coordinated from my pinky nudes to my reds to my darker vampy colours!!! (i have one space unfortunately searching for the coveted Rhianna Talk that Talk!!!haha ) x
Exactly I love the way my hubby buys a lot of tools even though he needs a lot for work etc x And torches he buys mag lights from USA x Oh we have to go to sears a few times in the states does my head in lol Always have to travel miles x I can't rember where it is but in FL somewhere lol Eagle ridge mall maybe I dunna x Anyhow and he has a go at me about my make up lol I always say to him ONE WORD TOOLS !!!!!!!! lol x Sounds great how you do yours I just had two lipstick caddies sent to me from Hong Kong via eBay x So I'm in the middle of doing them ATM Have filled the limiteed ed one up by the collections And not colours lol I think I may do it by collection then what colour goes next and so on ( sounds good to me ) :))) Then the other one had my reds etc all together and so on x I really want to get the storage from bylgory too I cannot spell it lol

beautycool

Hey what do you start with pinky then nudes then reds ? Then I think I did mine red pinky nudes I think lol

Prettypackages

I'm a sucker for a pretty package.... And yes that's why I chose that name. BUT, I'm not foolish enough to buy something b/c it's pretty and not functional.

Medgal07

I'm a sucker for a pretty package.... And yes that's why I chose that name. BUT, I'm not foolish enough to buy something b/c it's pretty and not functional.
iagree.gif

beautycool

I'm a sucker for a pretty package....   And yes that's why I chose that name.  BUT, I'm not foolish enough to buy something b/c it's pretty and not functional.  
Oh yes I totally agree with you If the colours won't suit me or I don't like or don't need / not got money for I won't buy I'm not going to buy it because of the packaging The most ever I had got from pretty packaging was aa think I bought all lipsticks not all at once lol Hubby got me one and a blush and bronzer i think from his work And I got the rest Goddess of the sea I didn't think would suit me I thought why not ( totally not my colour ) but thought it may suit me time to take the five and you know what it did suit me Very pleased with that oh and I bought one of the Brushes not the eye one the cheek one or is it a highlighter brush But yep if don't need it I won't buy Think that's why I missed out on the prabal too even though I just wanted one gloss one lippy but there was other things out then x That I wanted :) There was nothing special about it and nothing special about that brush or cheek colour etc Same with brooke shields I mean I would of liked the eye shadow but nope I stopped myself lol And I got the warm pallette or cool and thought nope I hardly use that ATM I'm stopping myself from buying perfect topping I so want it or the other one as never bought them before And prob would like either one I have to play it safe with the hubby pmsl He has four days off again soon He does four days on four off (12hoyrs) So I work out if I order on the last two days his off or the first two days his off work and order It should come whilst his back at work Because it will have two days to get processed and then four days to make it to me but I bet it end up coming when his off if that makes sense lol Good plan ah !!!! If it works If not I Just get moaned at and eye rolls And stuff and I don't need the hassle but need my make up :))))

winnterbriyanna

I LOVE pretty packaging! I knew I was going to purchase the Sephora Pantone palette because of the color of the year being so amazing, and the packaging just so happened to be beautiful! Same with the liquid eyeliner from that collection! The boxes with that rose ombre are just too perfect! I'm also OBSESSED with the Lime Crime Venus palette packaging too! I think now more than ever brands have really stepped up the designs to be more unique and eye catching, that way you'll want to use the product inside more often. I mean hello that UD electric palette is a thing of beauty on the outside and inside. But at the same time, pretty packaging should not mean extra money for me to spend, I'll spend the extra money if the product deserves it.

HIC93

I LOVE pretty packaging! I knew I was going to purchase the Sephora Pantone palette because of the color of the year being so amazing, and the packaging just so happened to be beautiful! Same with the liquid eyeliner from that collection! The boxes with that rose ombre are just too perfect! I'm also OBSESSED with the Lime Crime Venus palette packaging too! I think now more than ever brands have really stepped up the designs to be more unique and eye catching, that way you'll want to use the product inside more often. I mean hello that UD electric palette is a thing of beauty on the outside and inside. But at the same time, pretty packaging should not mean extra money for me to spend, I'll spend the extra money if the product deserves it.
I really want to get The Venus palette (partly for the packaging) but I'm pretty sure it might make me look dead if I don't style them the right way!!

winnterbriyanna

I really want to get The Venus palette (partly for the packaging) but I'm pretty sure it might make me look dead if I don't style them the right way!!
I know what you mean! Check out Batalash's take on the palette, she does a really pretty neutral eye with it! The colors are also really blendable and pigmented nicely. Like it's easy to get the kind of coverage you would want. Leigh Dickson Artistry also has two different looks using the palette too, her and Batalash are on youtube of course :)