The best of UK cheapies?

I've got a pink glitter eyeliner from Superdrug which was about £2.99 and every time I wear it (over black pencil) I get loads of compliments! I think that might have been 2True or similar, a range on a spinning rack anyway!

amber_j

lollipop26 (YT makeup guru) wrote on her blog about an e/s palette from the beautyuk brand that you can buy in Superdrug. She said it reminded her of a mini Coastal Scents palette (I think there were about 8 or 10 e/s) and the colour payoff was really good. Super cheap too.

Anyone else tried this brand? TIA!

RebekahR

Loving BarrYM at the moment, dazzle dusts 3 for 9.99 plus can use NUS discount (skint student alert..myself included!)

the dusts are just amazing..easy to apply and so pigmented!

GOSH i lurveee too..tempted to try the brushes

Just did my first ELF order..so unsure about it..hoping I am going to love it! Had to get palettes.. the MAC ones are so pricey..and doing mail order over the phone is a pain!!

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
lollipop26 (YT makeup guru) wrote on her blog about an e/s palette from the beautyuk brand that you can buy in Superdrug. She said it reminded her of a mini Coastal Scents palette (I think there were about 8 or 10 e/s) and the colour payoff was really good. Super cheap too.

Anyone else tried this brand? TIA!

Those palettes are amazing. I've had them for a while now and they're so amazingly pigmented. So cheap too, £2.39 I think!

uh_oh_disco

Oooh, I love the Beauty UK neautrals palette. So lovely. And the teal in the bright palette is amazing.

Superdrug's own range of skin care is fabulous. I prefer it to most other things because it all feels quite light and fresh instead of heavy and obvious.

If anybody outside of the UK wants any Sleek/ Beauty UK products let me know, I'm happy to pick them up for you if you have paypal!

RebekahR

ooo Eyeko range is in superdrug now..japanese I think (sure you guys already spotted it!)

eitherway the packaging is super cute, got a nail varnish yesterday, adorable fluro pink! they have lots of baby colours..glitterys..and the infamous cheek stain...wee..may have to buy more in the morning!!

TTFN x

MadMunky

Another fan of Sleek here
th_DANCE.gif
I have two of the eyeshadow sets and I loooooooove them...finally I have colours that actually show up on my skin *yay* I have a few of their lipsticks too - not bad, although a little bit drying...then again my lips are prone to being dry anyway so it might just be me and not the lippie at fault
smiles.gif
The blushes are nice too - I have a powder one in 'Rust' and I don't usually use anything but Benetint (powder blushes scare me) but I really like this.

Add my vote in for the Gosh eyeliner pencils too - so smooth and the colour stays. I've bought a couple of the brushes - I like the general-purpose eyeshadow one but the smaller one (crease work etc) is a bit too scratchy for me. They do shed a bit too. I've just bought one of the eyeshadow sets and can't wait to try it.

Prestige eye pencils are nice too - but some of the colours are 'softer' and easier to apply than others.

Barry M eye pencils are fab - so soft and smudgable (is that even a word?)..well, if you like smudging.
winks.gif
I haven't got the hang of using the pigments yet...I just end up with a glittery face
ssad.gif

seabird

beautyuk.net - sold in superdrug. the eyeshadow palettes are SO pigmented, and only 2.99. they remind me of the eyeshadows in the coastal scents 88 palettes. they're great!

Blueeyesangel18

The beautyuk pallettes look remarkably simialar to the pallette i got in claires acessories just the colours are organised differntly,these shadows were really pigmented also heres a pic of mine
P261008_0110.jpg

LRWade

Just incase anyone's looking here still...
If you want bright colours, I'd suggest Stargazer (Stargazer Products). Barry M is good also, but in my opinion the dazzle dust is very overpriced.
If you're looking for neutral colours, natural collection in boots is better than it looks.
Also I'd recommend the 88 matte palette in ebay for brights, I haven't tried the shimmer one yet.

Pink_Puddleduck

I used to buy Star Gazer Eye Dust from Camden Market years ago but couldn't find it for ages, it is deffnately comparible to barry m plus you get more, its £3 a pot, here is the link Stargazer | Eyes | Eye Dust the colour pay off is awesome with these they are quite fine milled too, I don't know if they can be pressed like MAC ones can though.

unetasse

They sell Star Gazer in New Look and it's really cheap too. I bought a turquoise liquid eyeliner for £1.50!

LivingFire

Thought I'd pop back into this thread to mention Natural Collection in Boots. Yes, that range we probably all had a few bits and bobs when we first tried a little makeup in our early teens!

They actually have some great products - I currently use a mix of their foundation and tinted moisturiser as my foundation. Especially as we come into summer, I really like how sheer and gentle it feels. Great stuff, and only a couple of quid too!

xFlossy

The prestige cosmetics are pretty good! Just make sure you swatch them first if possible! Quite a few are a miss.

As for pure luxe, I have ordered from them and as much as I love their samples, they are a repackager. They get their stuff in from tkbtrading.com. I think what put me off, is that they sell glow in the dark powder which is unsafe for the eyes, yet don't state that on the website.

Have you looked at fyrinnae?

SeaHen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingFire
Thought I'd pop back into this thread to mention Natural Collection in Boots. Yes, that range we probably all had a few bits and bobs when we first tried a little makeup in our early teens!

They actually have some great products - I currently use a mix of their foundation and tinted moisturiser as my foundation. Especially as we come into summer, I really like how sheer and gentle it feels. Great stuff, and only a couple of quid too!

I have one of their cream/liquid blushes and although its too light for my skintone to use alone, i do layer a powder blush on top and its lovely

sarahsharkbait

I find that Superdrug habour some amazing, almost undiscovered brands.
-Barry.M I would say have the best loose shadows and a fantastic range that have great pigmentation, although some of them do stain and they're like a fiver for a small pot.

-MUA are a incredible, they sell shadows for a mere pound per product and they are highly pigmented and creamy

-GOSH have amazing Quads and Trios...now I swatched these and they lasted on my hand, without a base most of the day, however the blue shade that I did swatch did stain my hand- then again, I'm pale, so it might not do that for you.

-Collection 2000 have amazing loose shadows aka pigments, which I say, some are a dupe for MAC however, my superdrug store don't really possess much of a colour range.. here is a swatch of that....

coffee1

I love Sleek blushes, eyeshadows, and pout paints. I'm in the US so I have to order online, but the products are inexpensive and such good quality that it's worth it! I'm jealous of you UK-ers that have easy access to them!

Cerydwen

I was in Superdrug today playing with all the lovely colours - has anyone tried the eyeand nail products in either the Accessorise or Famous collections? They look so pretty that I'm tempted to go in buy a whole range of colours!