The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

Bonitinha

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

One time right in the middle of morning prayer at school (6th grade) I did a cheerleading split
lol.gif
just because I felt like it.
The teacher (a rather stern man) said, "Miss ...., save the cheerleading activity for after school" Really, it wasn't appropriate during prayer
amuse.gif
angelic.gif
I guess I still have that streak to me.

LOL Elegant -- a full split -- very impressive indeed! But too funny that it was in the middle of prayer meeting!

elegant-one

My local Dior counter in Dillards just put out all the new lip colors yesterday so I got to test away. A lot of the colors are so similar, but a lot of pretty ones.

Oh, & in the other Chanel thread I posted that I could not find Armani on the Nordies site - duh, its there I was just looking under Armani & not Giorgio Armani...geesh

Bonitinha

^^ You are very multi-faceted! I could do a split when I did dance when I was younger, but sadly, that skill has left me. I would be afraid to see my cartwheel looks like
girlhaha.gif

I am anxious to hit up the Dior counter to see the new line of colors. I hope they get those bronzers soon -- I want to do some swatchin'
heart.gif

elegant-one

^^ You are very multi-faceted! I could do a split when I did dance when I was younger, but sadly, that skill has left me. I would be afraid to see my cartwheel looks like
girlhaha.gif

I am anxious to hit up the Dior counter to see the new line of colors. I hope they get those bronzers soon -- I want to do some swatchin'
heart.gif

I asked about the new bronzer collection - yeah, they knew nothing about it. I would have loved to see them in person.

Miss QQ

^^ We're surprised. lol

My local Dior counter in Dillards just put out all the new lip colors yesterday so I got to test away. A lot of the colors are so similar, but a lot of pretty ones.

Oh, & in the other Chanel thread I posted that I could not find Armani on the Nordies site - duh, its there I was just looking under Armani & not Giorgio Armani...geesh
Are the reds from the dior addict pretty?

Too bad the shiseido feels gritty. I think bis also mentioned that. I'm not a big fan of girtty lippies so I will not be buying as many as I initially planned. But that means I can buy more RC shines and maybe the dior addicts too. :)

And lol at the cheerleading split!
cheerleader.gif

cutemiauw

^^ wow Elegant, I could never ever do a split my whole life
th_worship.gif
. I'm cursed with a body as stiff as an iron board
girlhaha.gif

I just got me a new Armani LSF foundation and I got a mini Dior Show mascara as a gift
pompom.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Nice thread
yes.gif

I use MAC Moisturecover concealer for my under eye area, and I'm 100% satisfied with it. It's the first concealer that seems to melt into my skin, and not lay on top and settle in the lines. If I need more coverage, I use Select Cover up on top of that. It's a bit lighter too, even though they're both NW15. But it's way too dry on it's own.

I agree, those Givenchy glosses look yummy. But I have tried almost everything to get my hands on Givenchy cosmetics, no luck yet. I finally found one german online shop, that seems to carry Givenchy, but it's weird somehow. They only have a few items, and no shade names, for example, they have one shade of loose powder, and it doesn't even say which one it is. They don't have the new glosses either. Maybe I will call and ask if they can get me the items and shades I'm looking for. Right now I need to save for Quite Cute anyway.
I read about this Mister Lash Booster product, has anyone ever tried it? It's like a serum for eyelashes, can be used as a mascara base and also on eyebrows, and is supposed to make lashes fuller, healthier etc. Sounds interesting.

elegant-one

^^ wow Elegant, I could never ever do a split my whole life
th_worship.gif
. I'm cursed with a body as stiff as an iron board
girlhaha.gif

I just got me a new Armani LSF foundation and I got a mini Dior Show mascara as a gift
pompom.gif

Well, I have a Gumby body! Always have, but I do work out a lot.
greengrin.gif

Let us know what you think of that foundation. I was looking at what got the Beauty Award votes at Neiman-Marcus.com I was thinking that may have been one, but can't remember for sure.

elegant-one

Nice thread
yes.gif

I use MAC Moisturecover concealer for my under eye area, and I'm 100% satisfied with it. It's the first concealer that seems to melt into my skin, and not lay on top and settle in the lines. If I need more coverage, I use Select Cover up on top of that. It's a bit lighter too, even though they're both NW15. But it's way too dry on it's own.

I agree, those Givenchy glosses look yummy. But I have tried almost everything to get my hands on Givenchy cosmetics, no luck yet. I finally found one german online shop, that seems to carry Givenchy, but it's weird somehow. They only have a few items, and no shade names, for example, they have one shade of loose powder, and it doesn't even say which one it is. They don't have the new glosses either. Maybe I will call and ask if they can get me the items and shades I'm looking for. Right now I need to save for Quite Cute anyway.
I read about this Mister Lash Booster product, has anyone ever tried it? It's like a serum for eyelashes, can be used as a mascara base and also on eyebrows, and is supposed to make lashes fuller, healthier etc. Sounds interesting.
I bought a Givenchy es palette & liner pencil from Sephora.com. Its the only place I could buy it. I bought what was used on the cover of I think the Feb issue of Allure.

elegant-one

Givenchy

Le Prisme 09 - Modish Brown - mini eye quad, but its the size of like a single eyeshadow
Magic Kohl eyeliner Pencil #3 - It's like a dark/deep milk chocolate brown
Cover of Allure - the above was used

cutemiauw

Well, I have a Gumby body! Always have, but I do work out a lot.
greengrin.gif

Let us know what you think of that foundation. I was looking at what got the Beauty Award votes at Neiman-Marcus.com I was thinking that may have been one, but can't remember for sure.
Good for you! I've just started yoga since 2 years, it definitely helped my flexibility but no way near doing a split
greengrin.gif

I love Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. This is my second bottle. It goes on dewy, not matte or anything like that. If the face is really oily there might be a problem. I love how it looks quite natural on the skin. You could also layered it on for more coverage. One reason I think this foundation is so great is this:

This picture is taken after a wedding event (my brother in law's). The makeup lasted all day in a hot and humid temp (35 degree Celsius), no creasing, no melting away. I think it does make the skin look luminous :D

elegant-one

^^^OHMY - you are so Beautiful!!!!
eyelove.gif

Your skin is absolutely AMAZING! ok, I may have to try that foundation too. Fabulous dear. Thanks

elegant-one

It was the Award Winner at Neimans! There is another UV version of the foundation as well.

Which shade do you use - 2? Is that the lightest?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
^^No, Sephora doesn't ship to Germany, at least last time I checked. I think to France etc. but not Germany. Good for my wallet though
girlhaha.gif

How is the quality of the e/s compared to MAC, Chanel? I'm interersted in the taupe one they have, but that one is pretty too. I mainly want to try their loose powder and their blushes, maybe a compact foundation if they have a shade light enough for me. Oh, and I saw a bright orange n/p, summer collection I guess, would love to try rhat one also.

elegant-one

^^No, Sephora doesn't ship to Germany, at least last time I checked. I think to France etc. but not Germany. Good for my wallet though
girlhaha.gif

How is the quality of the e/s compared to MAC, Chanel? I'm interersted in the taupe one they have, but that one is pretty too. I mainly want to try their loose powder and their blushes, maybe a compact foundation if they have a shade light enough for me. Oh, and I saw a bright orange n/p, summer collection I guess, would love to try rhat one also.
The es has a very nice silky feel. These colors go from lighter to pigmented but very nice. The combo just makes for a very pretty natural kinda smokey eye which I love.

hmm, well does Nordies,Neimans, Saks or someone has to ship to you.

Bonitinha

cutemiauw -- you look gorgeous in those pics! I agree with Elegant -- amazing skin! If my skin looked like that with the Armani foundation, I buy it in a gallon size!

Naynadine -- Givenchy is hard to find here, too. I have only seen it at Sephora by me. I haven't tried the lash booster. I think many of the lash serums work -- but you have to use them continuously to keep up the results. I have thought about them since my lashes seem to be getting more sparse (boo!)

Elegant -- love those Givenchy products in your pics. I am always writing down products in magazines, too.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
That sounds great. I must check them out when I get the chance to.

Those sites either don't ship to Germany or don't have Givenchy I think. But maybe next month I'll go to a city where they have a counter. I don't know if they really have one there, and if I will really be able to go, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If not I might try to order from MadaboutMac on Facebook, I ordered from her yesterday for the first time (Pink Cult Blush), a lot of german girls shop their MAC and brands we don't have here from her. I think she also can get Givenchy, so that might work.

Honey&LemonGirl

@elegant: I LOVE the lipstick on that Allure cover!!! Is it a color by Givenchy?? I have been stalking the counters for a great matte orange-red color. Still searching, haven't found one yet
001_unsure.gif

Preschool husband was better looking than he was at age 5, that's for sure. He still had the same big-ish nose though. Now that I think about it, I have a weird track record of dating guys with big noses.
lol.gif
I sort of want to ask him out and see if it plays out like a "it was fate" fantasy romance!! Haha
girlhaha.gif