The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

elegant-one

@elegant: I LOVE the lipstick on that Allure cover!!! Is it a color by Givenchy?? I have been stalking the counters for a great matte orange-red color. Still searching, haven't found one yet
001_unsure.gif

Preschool husband was better looking than he was at age 5, that's for sure. He still had the same big-ish nose though. Now that I think about it, I have a weird track record of dating guys with big noses.
lol.gif
I sort of want to ask him out and see if it plays out like a "it was fate" fantasy romance!! Haha
girlhaha.gif
You know, I knew i should have posted the ls too.
blink.gif

Its Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin ls in Fruity Orange - geesh, hows that for a color name
And, on her cheeks is Givenchy Le Prisma blush in Aficionado Peach

tong.gif
Oh my, that is a wickedly great idea!
type.gif
supacool.gif
th_thdeadea.gif

User38

Elegant.. why am I not surprised that you do cartwheels in public?
girlhaha.gif

cutie.. you look more gorgeous than usual and
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to our OT chat.. lol

honey.. lol. I think that might be my situation too.. when I was about 19 I fell head over heels in like with a fellow student -- I thought he was just gorgeous.. and then somebody told me he had a HUGE nose.. lol. I was not even aware of his nose.. I was looking at his legs.. err, I have a "thing" for men with long shapely legs.. lolol. Elegant, sit down
heat.gif
please.. lol

as for the colour of that orange ls.. I had one, by Givenchy from a few seasons back and it was that same, if not very very similar orange... it was smokin.. I will find it and check it out -- it must be at work.
there is also a great colour by LaFemme (inexpensive but fantastic line) called Tangerine..and Sunset orange... not sure if they are still making them, but they were matte orange -- err, I wore these in my post Sade period.

lolol.. I feel like an old Picasso
blink.gif

bis

[quote name="Bonitinha" url="/forum/thread/174086/the-chanel-ratonas-off-topic-thread/30#post_2095170"] Honey&Lemon -- that is too funny about finding your long lost preschool love! I can't believe he recognized you!

Bis -- I remember reading a while back about a blogger who loved the MAC moisture cover concealer, too. It seemed to go on light under the eyes (which is my main problem!).
[/quote] I have the same meeting, but it is one of the few concealers that is not too drying under my eyes and makes my skin look like the sahara. So I live with my slightly concealed circles under my eyes. Has anyone of you tried Powderflage from Benefit to set concealer?

User38

bis.. I have tried powderflage.. and gave it to my niece (at 18 you might need something to absorb oils but only temporarily)

it is REALLY drying.. I did not enjoy it at all -- it is not a good product imo.

If you want a powder for undereye, the best one is the one by LM -- Secret powder or something.. lol. No lines, no settling or cracking... just lovely product.

as refers the Iron Maiden, I found that upon application it feels slightly gritty, but it goes away as soon as I smoosh my lips together too.

elegant-one

Elegant.. why am I not surprised that you do cartwheels in public?
girlhaha.gif

cutie.. you look more gorgeous than usual and
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to our OT chat.. lol

honey.. lol. I think that might be my situation too.. when I was about 19 I fell head over heels in like with a fellow student -- I thought he was just gorgeous.. and then somebody told me he had a HUGE nose.. lol. I was not even aware of his nose.. I was looking at his legs.. err, I have a "thing" for men with long shapely legs.. lolol. Elegant, sit down
heat.gif
please.. lol

as for the colour of that orange ls.. I had one, by Givenchy from a few seasons back and it was that same, if not very very similar orange... it was smokin.. I will find it and check it out -- it must be at work.
there is also a great colour by LaFemme (inexpensive but fantastic line) called Tangerine..and Sunset orange... not sure if they are still making them, but they were matte orange -- err, I wore these in my post Sade period.

lolol.. I feel like an old Picasso
blink.gif

rofl.gif
Yes, I do delight in being a lil crazy. Yesterday hubs comes out into the kitchen while I was cooking & I did what I call my 'stick figure dance' in front of him
lol.gif
...yeah, he lost it LOL. Yes, the entertainment value is priceless around me
greengrin.gif

I bought that Nars orange Heat Wave. Its pretty nice too,

Woot - you DO love the legs don't ya
graucho.gif

Picasso = priceless ;)

User38

Heatwave.. is smokin.. I have doubles of it for summer and fall.

but the orange in that Allure pic is not HEatwave.. am looking thru pic samples now.. but if its Givenchy it's a new one.... oh oh.. I feel my CC hopping out of my wallet.. lol

I would dread a Ratonas meeting in the Caribbean..
graucho.gif
I know I would get a D&D !!

User38

oh man, the Givenchy ls was called Orange MAt.. lolol.. as if

and I just thought of one by MAC -- So Chaud.. a similar looking orange with matte finish.. gorgeous

elegant-one

^heavens yes
girlhaha.gif
lets do it

Its Fruity Orange in the allure pic

LOVE Heat Wave...so much so that I bought a tank top thats almost the same color
graucho.gif

I do not have So Chad <----
lol.gif
ok, Chaud...men on the brain I guess

User38

oh that would be a real hoot.. but a place where there are no laws or too many cops.. lolol.

were you grrrrrrrrowling at the time.. lol
graucho.gif

elegant-one

^
rofl.gif

yeah...I've watched Campus PD & COPS & they don 't usually have a good ending on something like a spring break....no cops or laws please
yahoo.gif

User38

lol

so true.. and that's what where we should hold a Ratonas Club meeting.. ha

omg.. I just noticed that the ls is Fruity Orange.. Givenchy.. I need that sucka..

chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bis

[quote name="elegant-one" url="/forum/thread/174086/the-chanel-ratonas-off-topic-thread/30#post_2095181"] Almus - I know, I am seriously 'hooked' on watermelon pink :) The new Shiseido ls have a very superior quality feel imo. except that Iron Maiden does have a slight gritty feel, but the color is so gorgeous on that it doesn't matter. I think I will get at least a couple more of these they are so divine feeling.

Honey - Was he good looking? Find anything creepy on his facebook?

bis - I have always gone off-topic in almost every thread as long as I have been here
girlhaha.gif
When I was little & had to sit in church & someone would tell me to be quiet - it always made me have to giggle. School was the same way for me, I got more check marks for being chatty when I shouldn't be talking it was ridiculous. So hence, I go off topic when something pops into my mind. Harmless & fun.
greengrin.gif
I guess at my age, that part of me never changed. One time right in the middle of morning prayer at school (6th grade) I did a cheerleading split
lol.gif
just because I felt like it. The teacher (a rather stern man) said, "Miss ...., save the cheerleading activity for after school" Really? it wasn't appropriate during prayer
amuse.gif
angelic.gif
I guess I still have that streak to me.

So I tried out that Exfolikate last night for the first time. It made my skin so smooth, but it also kinda dried it out. So I also tried a sample of her oil free moisturizer which is quite nice, but I hope that it doesn't break my skin out. I hate having sensitive skin.

Where is our Meg????
[/quote] :lol: I love your church stories, muhc better than mine. I just faint ;) A litt off-topic talk is fine I think and makes for a lively discussion :) [quote name="cutemiauw" url="/forum/thread/174086/the-chanel-ratonas-off-topic-thread/30#post_2095188"]
wavey.gif
may I join this chat? Looks like a lot of fun
girlhaha.gif

I use Bobbi Brown concealers... I don't recommend that either, settled in my undereye line so bad it looks like I've aged a couple of years. It's good enough for some spots I got from blemishes, and I'm still using it for that.

[/quote] Hi there. Hi Naynadine :)

cutemiauw

cutemiauw -- you look gorgeous in those pics! I agree with Elegant -- amazing skin! If my skin looked like that with the Armani foundation, I buy it in a gallon size!

Naynadine -- Givenchy is hard to find here, too. I have only seen it at Sephora by me. I haven't tried the lash booster. I think many of the lash serums work -- but you have to use them continuously to keep up the results. I have thought about them since my lashes seem to be getting more sparse (boo!)

Elegant -- love those Givenchy products in your pics. I am always writing down products in magazines, too.
Thank you Bonitinha :). That's so sweet of you
heart.gif
Seriously, if you have the chance to try this foundation on, do it! It does have that effect (my skin isn't that amazing... I have some acne pigmentation here and there). Also this foundation doesn't break me out, and usually I'm very sensitive to pore clogging from foundations.

Bonitinha

^^ Elegant, I remember getting my first Fendi bag when I was 19. My boyfriend bought it for me and I was so stoked -- even though it was probably the smallest size they made. I took it to work at an office, and a dude who was doing construction in the office (he was a big dude covered in paint) asks "Excuse me, is that a Fendi bag?" I told him yes, it was. He said "you don't see those too often." LOL! I was floored he even knew what a Fendi bag was!

User38

A ratona is a female mouse.. but very Minnie Mouse -- high heels, bow in hair and short skirt..lol. Cute as a button and never forgets her lipstick
heart.gif