The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

elegant-one

here too.. anything good, I will post -- if my nose falls off, I will advise
thud.gif

oh, NM just redid their website.. LOL. if it didn't work before, it sure as hell aint workin now..
tong.gif
You're kidding! I was there like 1274685 times today....oh brother

I watched all the videos on Chanel.com earlier

User38

more tech bs.. been getting it too.. lol

blank blue lines... for the blank look I get when I see 95 concealer.. lmao

oh, I got the byTerry stuff in.. will have to give them a whirl soon.. and will advise
pompom.gif

User38

oh another cutie.. Lancome mini lipstick $ 35.. designed by Daria Werbowy.. it is a tiny bullet but it is in a gorgeous container
ohboy.gif

do they realize the world is going bankrupt? sheesh.. oh best I shut up.

Elegant, do you remember the BB Rose Blossom ls.. am looking for a deep Rose ls without any shimmer.. this might be it..hmm

Bonitinha

We all need that T-shirt! But I think your picture on the front should be of you doing the splits for sure!

elegant-one

HG - I've not heard of byTerry

"blank blue lines... for the blank look I get when I see 95 concealer.. lmao" -
girlhaha.gif

Ya know, I just MAY try that concealer
worms.gif
but I'm going to sleep on the idea first.

OHMY did I ever enjoy Amy's pics of Window shopping in Paris
sigh.gif
our son & his wife took those pics for me too & Louis Vuitton when they were there

Bonitinha

& Wow, this thread really took off! :)
I really enjoyed reading about Elegant's splits in the church, Honey & LemonGirl's unexpected meeting with her childhood sweetheart and Bonitinha's admirer/construction worker with a penchant for fashion.
It really cheered me up (I'm having a bad case of Tuesday blues).

I was actually reading an article on compulsive buying today. I think I have it in a mild form, and it is usually makeup related, lol :) So I'd say I would fall into the category nr. 2 - the addicted :)
tease.gif
There have been some great stories on here today! LOL I hope you are feeling better!
I know I have some form of compulsive buying -- clothes, makeup . . . eeks And I am trying to turn my sisters into makeup addicts -- my hard work is totally paying off. My older sister is asking for makeup for her birthday and even wants nice makeup brushes (this would have been completely foreign to her a few years ago)
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

We all need that T-shirt! But I think your picture on the front should be of you doing the splits for sure!
I need to see it too now ;)

I should do a long shot video of me doing the split & cartwheel...oh my....maybe not...but it would be really funny

User38

^ I have pics like that too.. the Architecture is truly amazing. Jeff used to tell me that the French had every right to be conceited -- look at Paris. But in battle, they are a true true disaster.. lol.

ByTerry is a french brand.. but it is very HE and pricey... I will be reviewing some of their products for possible revisions.. will advise. If you want to see the line -- but online info is limited imo, it is: www.byterry.com .. enjoy!

I need a plummy pink lipstick.. gonna go mix one up.. lol

User38

You're right Bonitnha.. RE is trash, stocks got trashed and while Japan is still cooking, they will stay that way.. buy Water stocks.. not kidding.. I am.

or just stay Addicted and out of control. lol.

haven't heard from her in a long long time.. I wonder too and hope she is well.

elegant-one

^ I have pics like that too.. the Architecture is truly amazing. Jeff used to tell me that the French had every right to be conceited -- look at Paris. But in battle, they are a true true disaster.. lol.

ByTerry is a french brand.. but it is very HE and pricey... I will be reviewing some of their products for possible revisions.. will advise. If you want to see the line -- but online info is limited imo, it is: www.byterry.com .. enjoy!

I need a plummy pink lipstick.. gonna go mix one up.. lol

Plummy Pinks are truly one of my fave colors. I have a couple of MAC ones that are pretty...names escape me right now
drinkup.gif

I'm not sure if I should look at any more links
lol.gif
tonight

I love it when you educate me on all things that you know!

Honey&LemonGirl

Ooh, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the ByTerry goods, HG! My eyes have been wandering from HE makeup like Chanel to way too HE makeup like ByTerry and Le Metier de Beaute and Chantecaille lately. Yikes!
bangin.gif

KarlaSugar had swatches of these Le Metier de Beaute blushes and she showed a swatch of an eyeshadow called "Tuscan Sunset" that the LMdB SA told her worked great as a blush, and it's SO beautiful: http://karlasugar.net/2011/02/le-metier-de-beaute-blush/ I am super lemming it!!! Might drop by Nordstrom tomorrow to look at it in person.

Thank you for all the red-orange lippie recs, I'll check them out this week.
devil.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

Almus

Dear ratonas,

Elegant - You have discovered another wonder of nature to me! That Givenchy mono eyeshadow is cute! I'll be checking aout soon. Thank you!

This post grows so fast!!!! I went to bed when page 3 was being born and I have had to do some serious reading in the morning
girlhaha.gif

Well I am heading to do some sports before going to work, I guess that when I am sitting in the office, we will have moved to page 6 or so, lol.
Enjoy your day!

katred

Specktra Bestie
This thread is the most fun ever!
oh man, the Givenchy ls was called Orange MAt.. lolol.. as if

and I just thought of one by MAC -- So Chaud.. a similar looking orange with matte finish.. gorgeous

So Chaud was my first foray into orange lips. I saw my MA wearing it and it looked lovely. I told her it was a shame I couldn't wear deep orange lipsticks and she just looked at me and said "Why not?" I'm pretty easy to convince, as you can see. I'm still trying to hunt down that wonderfully juicy looking Givenchy lippie from Spring...

cutemiauw

Quote:
Thank you for all the red-orange lippie recs, I'll check them out this week.
devil.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Which red-orange lippie? I wanted to get one too!! Did I miss something on this thread? :D.

Btw, any of you ever tried the Tom Ford lipstick? I wonder if they worth the $50 price tag...