The Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread

Shypo

Several of us have difficulty staying on -topic in the Chanel forum
whistle.gif
, so I'm starting this thread to give us a 'swim lane' so we can dish about whatever crosses our pretty little minds. You don't have to be a Chanel 'Ratona', but we get a l'il crazy here!
tease.gif
Lurk at your own risk - we eventually wear you down!
girl_devil.gif

elegant-one

haha.. I still posted in the Chanel Spring thread...gotta respond ya know.

Ahhh, it does feel like I can scream, or say anything I want in this thread (not like I didn't in every other thread)
yahoo.gif

elegant-one

HG & the rest of ya - so what Concealers do you like? I think I hate all of them in one way or another. I have an older Almay that I LOVE & nothin can even come close to it. Suggestions & likes for concealers
I also like the VS one, I love the color, I love how it wears, but yet I still want to try others. I have the CDP too.

Shypo

I have a hate-hate relationship with concealers. I use MUFE's Lift concealer with decent results under-eye, but I'm pretty inept at concealing anything
girlhaha.gif
th_loser.gif

Hello RATONAS!!!!! Now we can be VERY naughty......
graucho.gif

Bonitinha

Hola ratonas!!
Just found my way over here. Had a little upset with the MAC counter (posted about it on the Chanel lipstick thread). All is fine now, and no one had to get hurt! LOL

Concealers -- oh yes, I would love all of your recs, too. I need something with good coverage that doesn't get cakey or look crepey!

elegant-one

I have the MUFE Lift too & I like it too...but BUT, I am NEVER completely satisfied with any of them.

" I need something with good coverage that doesn't get cakey or look crepey! " <---thats what EVERYONE is looking for with coverage

I do like the Cle de Peau, but I think with that one, I felt like it faded on me.

User38

Elegant -- while nobody is ever happy with their concealer I have found that any of them, mixed with a tiny bit of eye cream, makes them more pliable and easier to apply and blend. Use a taklon brush and a 217 brush to spread around. this.. it seems to get the job done the best imo.

As for Cle.. I too have a love/hate relationship with it.. as it can be dry, but then on some days it looks almost just right. So I agree with Wintrop too on this one.. but but but.. I am older, I am sure than Winthrop (hell everybody knows my age) and it's a greater challenge.
Other concealers I like are the Balm, Prescriptives, Bobbi Brown, and EL Max Cover -- and a funny named one called Senna -- I think so far this has been my best so far.

I don't know the Almay one, but sometimes a little pot of something from someone like Almay or LaFemme who makes a great little concealer and is perfect over a BB Corrector.

HTH

Winthrop44

^^ I doubt that...I am 54. Is 406 one of the new shimmering ones? My biggest problem with any concealer is that they all give me milia if worn with any regularity.

Bonitinha

I remember Karla on her site talking about the perfect concealer that she had done at an event. Darn it -- I wish I could remember with brand!!

elegant-one

^^ I doubt that...I am 54. Is 406 one of the new shimmering ones? My biggest problem with any concealer is that they all give me milia if worn with any regularity.
girlhaha.gif
heart.gif

Yes is one of the new colors. Its this gorgeous pink slight watermelon red, but there is def. something different about how it looks on. And of course, I just do a light app & smoosh ;) It will be one of my fave ls this year, but behind Joyeuse.
greengrin.gif

I find CDP to be a bit drying at times too, but it is one of the better concealers. I just think I want perfection!? And unfortunately, I will sometimes get the milia too

Winthrop44

I think a counter I called once actually said they had samples of Beige that they could send me (but then proceeded to tell me how it would not work on my Casper-like self). Maybe you can get a sample of that one to try. I still need to try those new Shiseidos...haven't seen or tried one yet.

User38

ty Winthrop, I might just have to mix like I do with foundation.. I have a devil of a time with my skin colour now.. it is in a between stage and only mixing a B20 with a plop of B10 can I get the right colour... argh. Now Guerlain Parure is doing well colourwise for me... almost same textures.

User38

Elegant.. I liked that one also, but since (oh shame) I bought a RA Flamboyante, and another Gipsy (NARS) I passed on that one.. but it is gorgeous.

Elegant.. DON'T make me do it!!!

Latest posts