The dumbest MAC mistake you've made.

SUMM3RxBABii

Putting my swimming e/s on the sink and it knocked down to pieces....
ssad.gif

one of the nicest shadows i've ever owned.

StarrySim

I think my stupidest mac thing was throwing out an old lipglass before I knew about B2M. It's not exactly earth-shattering
smiles.gif

MissAlexisDDD

Not really a mistake but kinda a dumb thing. I never ever ever wear brown eyeshadows.. But for some reason I keep purchasing them! I have about five already and they've been touched maybe once or twice.
ssad.gif

Another is when I *first* got into mac my mom said I could just wet down the powder in my compact and use it as liquid foundation.. I took it to the sink and just doused it and put it on my face. I looked like I had mud dipped my skin.
ssad.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedseries
XD there really isn't one. OTL I found out this morning.-kicking myself hard-

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1024.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1023.jpg

OMG those pics are scary LOL i was thinking of depotting my concealer too and now i definitly will NOT be doing that! I thought there might be a pan in there too!

On a side note, why is depotting blush much harder then eyeshadow? I want to start depotting a bunch of blushes soon but now you guys have me worried i might bust all my nice blushes!!! Any tips?

hello_my_apple

hahah dont worry i thought that to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzMelroseMood
When I first started buying MAC as a teen I thought Back2MAC wanted the empty boxes to recycle not the actual packaging lol.

dreamscapemess

Buying the 195. I hate it.
And then attempting to use said brush with NC15 concealer. It permanently stained the brush after one use!
And I was going to swap the brush on MUA
ssad.gif

cupcake_x

Buying an eyeshadow just because I thought the color itself was pretty.. Regardless of the fact that I won't wear it.

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscapemess
Buying the 195. I hate it.
And then attempting to use said brush with NC15 concealer. It permanently stained the brush after one use!
And I was going to swap the brush on MUA
ssad.gif

Im sure someone would still want it as long as you write that it is stained. Personally that wouldn't bother me, I know how easy some are to stain.

Swapping over the odds for Blue Absinthe e/s when it is exactly the same as Shimmermoss (same with De Menthe & Humid)

marusia

Giving a pigment to my sister that I'd used once...from 2001...that isn't sold anymore...
ssad.gif

Hilly

I used to always go buy makeup at the dept stores when I was a teen (90s) and see MAC and ask for free samples or if they do giveaways like Clinique. After they would say no, i would always go to clinique instead. Imagine what kinda cool, retro stuff I coulda gotten!!!!

marusia

I just rethought this...my biggest mistake...by far, was accidently selling fakes to the Specktra community! D'oh!

loriblu

....was buying MAC studio sculpt foundation spf 15, and I KNOW that liquid foundations from MAC always brake my out!

Kirsty

I was pressing my Vanilla pigment (full jar) and managed to knock it down a hole down the side of my bed!
angry.gif
I was heart broken when I looked down, it was everwhere! I scooped most of it back up, but now only have about 70% mixed in with dust. I have learnt not to be clumsy & to vacuum in the nooks & crannies more often
lol.gif
I was depressed for the whole day.

BlueMoonDoll

OOh...letting a friend take my Barbie <3 Mac face powder and not putting up a fight...along with Deep Truth (I was ready to see her move out!)....And yeah, I thought they wanted the empty boxes at first, but discovered Specktra before making that mistake!

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
I think my stupidest mac thing was throwing out an old lipglass before I knew about B2M. It's not exactly earth-shattering
smiles.gif

th_wallbash.gif
i threw away so many empty es, sff, powders, liquid liners and mascaras, etc, bc i thought you could only b2m for ls!!! I don't really wear ls so it was kind pointless to me. i didn't know you could get es at f/s stores until 2 years ago. i threw away 5 years of empties!!!!!

smashedseries

oh gosh, I hate knocking pigments over.
>_< It's not just the thought of losing product. It's also the product getting on carpets. =.=|||

xjslx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
Buying an eyeshadow just because I thought the color itself was pretty.. Regardless of the fact that I won't wear it.

Similarly, I went through a phase of buying eyeshadows after watching Youtube tutorials being done with them.... except that the guru girls had either blue, green, or grey eyes, and I absolutely do not. Hahaha.... needless to say, the eyeshadows didn't turn up on me as I expected!

Also, when I first started depotting I was so clumsy, not knowing how much pressure to use when poking the hole through the bottom of the pot to nudge the pan out... I ended up poking holes through a few of the eyeshadow pans. Wasn't too proud about that, lol.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Latest posts