The dumbest MAC mistake you've made.

LMD84

the biggest mistake i have done so far i think is chipping my hipness blush badly! it was my first time depotting a blush! it's been re-released now but sadly i don't have the funds to buy one just because it won't be chipped!
tong.gif

keeks87

my biggest mistake would be leaving an open bottle of pigment on my vanity and then knocking it over.

Goodbye Chartreuse
ssad.gif

Annalese24

For me throwing out empties and buying stuff bc the MAC sales person told me too... Thank god for Specktra I will not buy another MAC product without looking at swatches first
smiles.gif

MrsAriGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriblu
....was buying MAC studio sculpt foundation spf 15, and I KNOW that liquid foundations from MAC always brake my out!

I still do this! I keep trying different MAC foundations just on the off chance that I might get lucky and find one that doesn't break me out.

Anneri

A pigment jar in my travel bag wasn't screwed shut properly = pigment in the bag and on everything in it. I was so mad at myself!

ms. kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
Buying an eyeshadow just because I thought the color itself was pretty.. Regardless of the fact that I won't wear it.

This is my biggest problem. I have so many shadows and pigments that I love just because of the color, but don't really wear because they don't suit my skintone, or are too bold for me to pull off.

I'm about to purge and get rid of them.

anita22

Reading this has made me realise I threw out an empty Lip Conditioner tube just the other day. Nooooo...! And I've been B2M'ing for 10 years now, so how could I have forgetten?!

TeresaEllis

deppotting a pan from a palette with my thumbnail and my nail went through the pan of shadow, and i still didnt get it out of that quad! LOL

smashedseries

my dumbest one now is upcoming.
i'm going to be purchasing mac products in Singapore. =.=||| Yup, cause they're oos on the mac site.

murflegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
my dumbest MAC mistake was buying bare study paintpot, i hate that thing.

I am bound and determined to make this work for me. The other day I wore a light layer of it with Soft Brown in the crease and it wasn't so bad...It's still so much drier than my other paint pots!!

marusia

I've never owned a paint pot before (for use other than sale LOL), so Bare Study is my first, with nothing to compare it to. I love applying it all over my lid with my 242 brush. It's the perfect highlighter color for my NW15/NW20 skin...I think I'm just going to say I'm NW17.5 from now on, that seems to be my perfect color. :p

macnc50diva

I emptied out a 3/4 full Fix+ bottle into one of those clear plastic travel size spray bottles so I could back 2 mac it. I put the travel size bottle in my kit unlabeled and used it about half way and all was well...Until one day I went to refill another one of those bottles with alcohol and made the mistake of filling my Fix+ sprayer with alcohol. I felt so dumb! Bad enough I paid $12 for water, but to ruin it was the worst.
ssad.gif

lolcats

When I was like 13/14 I decided I wanted some mac foundation, but for some reason I thought yea I would buy it off the website and match myself up by the swatches on the site. I picked nc37 because I thought it looked like my skin on the computer. I'm actually a nw15/20. I still wore it.

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcats
When I was like 13/14 I decided I wanted some mac foundation, but for some reason I thought yea I would buy it off the website and match myself up by the swatches on the site. I picked nc37 because I thought it looked like my skin on the computer. I'm actually a nw15/20. I still wore it.

th_LMAO.gif

martiangurll

Ordering By Candlelight MSF from Nordies. They shipped it without any kind of padding, it was new in box but arrived shattered to bits. They gave me my money but of course it was sold out when I tried to return it. Don't order stuff from that store--they don't know how to pack make up. (and the gall is they charge $8 shipping to literally throw your delicate makeup in a hoooooge box too big for the items and it gets thrown around from the store all the way to your house. Re-dunkulous!)

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Ordering By Candlelight MSF from Nordies. They shipped it without any kind of padding, it was new in box but arrived shattered to bits. They gave me my money but of course it was sold out when I tried to return it. Don't order stuff from that store--they don't know how to pack make up. (and the gall is they charge $8 shipping to literally throw your delicate makeup in a hoooooge box too big for the items and it gets thrown around from the store all the way to your house. Re-dunkulous!)

So nice of them!!!!
nonono.gif

karester

Buying Studio Sculpt foundation, I have not worn it since I got it. The thing is, I got it while I was on vacation and I loved the way it looked after the MUA applied it. It's too heavy for me.

Now if I could have a MUA do my makeup everyday, then maybe I'd consider it.

equiworks

Patina. Worst mistake ever. And I bought it before I was aware of their return policy. Still have it..... barely touched. The only use I found for it was to depot for b2m.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts