The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutya
I wasn't sure where to post this but didn't want to start a new thread...

anyway, anyone know if there is a Paint that is at all close to the Paint Pot Stray Grey? I love the color of Stray Grey but like the textures of paints better...

NVM...

KikiB

Okay I saw the swatches of Silly Girl from Balloonacy, but the CCO did not have it and I am really jonesing for it. Are there any Lipglasses, Lustreglasses, or what not that are dupes for it?

panda0410

If you have Lady Bug you dont need Cockney. I just got my Cockney today and put it on next to my Lady Bug - on my lips you CANNOT tell the difference. It will get used anyway, I love reds
winks.gif

couturesista

Re: If you have...you don't really need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsirenhoney
this is hard cause i have noticed that some colors look idenitcal on me but on others are totally different
but here are mine
almond icing = seedy pearl, sea myth
belle azure = fresh water
juxt = sorintime skipper
sharkskin = graphito
sadly i know this is probably only me but golden olive and golders green shows up the same on me.....i know that most people don't have this issue, i have swatched them to death and on everyone else there is a difference
rite of spring = pink opal....again probably only on me
tease n teal = teal piggie
now i'm sure on someone fair skinned they would see the difference..but on me they look the same no matter how hard or long i look at them.

I wish I had read this post 2 days ago! I brought freshwater and when I got home I looked in my palette and I could have sworn freshwater was looking back at me, nope it was BELLE AZZURE!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_amy
If you have Star Violet... you don't need Cranberry.

Oh my goodness really? i think i have star violet in a premade palette from the holiday but i have to check.
If so this is great news b-cuz cranberry was on my list.......but not anymore if they are similar. wahoo. thanks!

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Actually Bronze, Amber Lights, and Cosmic are very similar.

I'm new to all this but i don't think bronze and amber lights are similar. Bronze is more bronze and amber lights has a gold tint to it.

CreamPuffer

Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to do this. But I really like hey from the Fafi eyes 1 quad but don' care for the other 3 so can't justify having the entire quad as a result. Is there a dupe to it?
Thanks

shesparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Oh my goodness really? i think i have star violet in a premade palette from the holiday but i have to check.
If so this is great news b-cuz cranberry was on my list.......but not anymore if they are similar. wahoo. thanks!

They are similar but not the same, IMO, Star Violet is darker and purple-r as you might expect from the name. It works well as a crease color for Cranberry actually. I think on darker skintones it might be hard to tell them apart, but you should probably swatch on yourself
smiles.gif

shesparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
If I have Sweet Sienna pigment, do I really need Magnetic Fields e/s??

I would say yes. Sweet Sienna is not as dark and is more gray. On me Magnetic Fields is indistinguishable from Smut, but that's much darker than SS pigment. If you have Smut, though, you might want to swatch them both on yourself before you buy.

HTH!

iheartangE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamPuffer
Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to do this. But I really like hey from the Fafi eyes 1 quad but don' care for the other 3 so can't justify having the entire quad as a result. Is there a dupe to it?
Thanks

I've read that All That Glitters is very close to Hey-HTH!!

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesparkles
I would say yes. Sweet Sienna is not as dark and is more gray. On me Magnetic Fields is indistinguishable from Smut, but that's much darker than SS pigment. If you have Smut, though, you might want to swatch them both on yourself before you buy.

HTH!

Yes, this info did help.
yes.gif
I compared Magnetic Fields with Too Faced DirtBag and they are pretty similar. Smut and Magnetic Fields are not the same on me.

Thanks again!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Is it true that Clarity and Electric Eel are like the same color or vert very close??

Yes. The difference is the finish. Clarity is a Matte2 so it's easier to work with.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madonna
Is there a dupe for Nice Vice P/P?

In terms of color only, or are you looking for something else to use as a paint pot/paint in a similar color?

Karen_B

If you have Phloof!, you don't need Shore Leave and vice versa. I swatched them on my hand at the store and could not tell the difference (I am NC200).

foxyqt

to anyone who got cool heat, how similar are the shadows to the ones from lure? i already have waternymph and aquavert..

Madonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madonna
Is there a dupe for Nice Vice P/P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
In terms of color only, or are you looking for something else to use as a paint pot/paint in a similar color?

Yes, in terms of a similar color to use as a paint pot/base. Thanks!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Ooh this is a great thread!!

If you have Humid you dont need Sprout or Greensmoke

I don't agree, Humid and Greensmoke are very different, at least on me. Humid is green, Greensmoke more dark and mor olive-y.

I am a NW15/20.

Latest posts