The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
Do you find Folie and Hush similar? I`m not sure I need both
Beauty Markes, any dupe for it?
What about texture?
Thanks

NARS' Night Fever. It's more expensive, but better IMO. I would get it except that I already have Beauty Marked and I don't see the need for both.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I can't think of one, although I am sure that you could probably find one in other brands, but maybe not necessarily for less $$$. I DO however recommend Nocturnelle. It might be the world's most wearable purple. I've hit the pan on this, and I've only hit the pan on three other eye shadows.

Could you also sub Top Hat?? I know Top Hat isn't as deep a purple though.

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxteyes
If you have Jest you really don't need Naked Lunch

i have to disagree with this one...

Jest is VERY pink (but i'm NC 15), while Naked Lunch is definitely more peach. on darker skin tones they might be more similar.

Marjolaine

Is there a good dupe for Port Red in MAC? I saw someone suggests MAC Red but I think MAC Red is more bluish.. Am I wrong?

TISH1124

I think the closet match is another LE which is Queen's Sin ..I have MAC Red but I do not find it compares to Port Red IMO

Queens Sin and Port Red
queenssinvsportred.jpg

100_4260.jpg

top to bottom

Red She Said
Ruby Woo
MAC Red

I will swatch MAC red next to Port Red shortly

Debbie_57

Hi! This is my first time posting but have been lurking for awhile. This website has been very helpful to my new and growing mac addiction!! Anyway-I've only started getting into Mac early Spring of this year-so I missed out of some of the earlier collections.
ssad.gif

I missed out on the Barbie collection-is there any dupes for:
Whistle
Beautyburst
Mothbrown
and how close is Juxt to Springtime skipper (I do have Juxt)??
th_dunno.gif

Playful is on the way
th_DANCE.gif

Also how close is the Starflash talent pool to Parrot??

Thanks!!
mac_addict.gif
Debbie

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie_57
Hi! This is my first time posting but have been lurking for awhile. This website has been very helpful to my new and growing mac addiction!! Anyway-I've only started getting into Mac early Spring of this year-so I missed out of some of the earlier collections.
ssad.gif

Whistle
Beautyburst
Mothbrown
th_dunno.gif

Playful is on the way
th_DANCE.gif

Also how close is the Starflash talent pool to Parrot??

Thanks!!
mac_addict.gif
Debbie

I use swimming as a dupe for springtime skipper...

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
I use swimming as a dupe for springtime skipper...

I don't think Swimming & Springtime Skipper are alike AT ALL. IMO, a light sweep of Golders Green pigment is close and IIR what Juxt looks like, I would imagine it would be similar enough to SS to suffice.

panda0410

Quote:

Whistle
Beautyburst
Mothbrown
th_dunno.gif

Golden Olive pigment and Juxt e/s (thanks Redambition!!) are the closest perm dupes to Springtime Skipper you will find - and I searched high and low, its one of my FAVOURITE colours
winks.gif

Moth Brown - I havent found anything yet that dupes this colour
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Golden Olive pigment and Juxt e/s (thanks Redambition!!) are the closest perm dupes to Springtime Skipper you will find - and I searched high and low, its one of my FAVOURITE colours
winks.gif

ssad.gif

Smut comes closes, but it's less frosty with red undertones.

Also possibly Root Beer from NYX?

xxsgtigressxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Any dupes for the Fafi blush in Fashion Frenzy?

i find that dollymix is similar. its a little different but you'll get the same effect. i have both and i like dollymix better
smiles.gif

Dulcemiel

Some of these might be repeated from earlier but I was pasting from my spreadsheet. I always ask MA if they recommend dups for discontinued colors that I am curious about so hope this helps...

clarity instead of electric eel steamy instead of shimmermoss Thunder(original Catherine D)=Seedy Pearl Relaxing=Naked Lunch Prismique= Forgery DBoheimia=Paradisco red in mylady=coppering & passionate FERTILE--> PARFAIT AMOUR blended with a bit of BEAUTY MARKED Eye Shadow. GLEAM and AMBER LIGHTS Eye Shadows blended together. ">SAY YEAH---> GLEAM and AMBER LIGHTS Eye Shadows blended together. NEXT TO NOTHING---> PHLOOF! Eye ShadowGENTLE LENTIL Shadestick is still available, and CONSTRUCTIVIST Paint Pot is the best alternative. Retrospeck instead of Magic Dust(Barbie Collection) Bateau=Brun Innuendo=Shale Almond Icing=VexFrench Grey=Fresh cement shadestick Demi Sweet=Trax Gateaux=Phloof Greensmoke Eye Shadow for Fiction, blend Zonk Bleu and Chill together for Haunting. Stormwatch=Plummage Crème De Violet Eye Shadow for Stomp, Nylon Eye Shadow for Amazon,For Elite, try Woodwinked eyeshadow instead. Banshee: Quarry (greyed pink) with Honesty (bronzed pewter shimmer). It is the closest match that we can recommend for your needs. Hey= anything light like Beaded, or Gleam Howzat= Plumage contrast=Blue Noir Say Yeah eyeshadow is actually hard to replicate - it’s a peach-pink highlighter, very light, but also quite frosty. I would recommend trying Jest or All That Glitters, though. For Goldbit, use VANILLA Pigment or NAKED LUNCH Eye ShadowFab & Flashy - use RULE Matte Eye Shadow over GOLDMINE Eye ShadowShimma - Fresh Cement ShadestickDe Menthe - Humid or SteamyFlirty Number - SATIN TAUPE Frost & TRAX Velvet Eye ShadowsIntoxicate - Shadowy Lady Llama - Blanc TypeMetamorph - JUXT Satin over FROSTLITE FluidlineSensualize - TEMPTING Lustre Eye ShadowSummer Neutral - MAGRITTES Paint meet the fleet=PrintPandemonium=Knight devineRite of Spring = Pink Opal; ; Fun Fun = Pervette; Comet Blue = Turquatic Glitter + gloss; Ms. Fizz = Flashmode (maybe)Lovely Lily = Pink Opal + Violet; Illegal Cargo = perm, try Shale; LE try Thunder, Pearl of the Earth; Pandamonium = Knight Divine; Don’t Be Shy = Well Dressed; Pomposity = New York Apple + Girl About Town; Funtabulous = Flashmode lustreglassOther Worldly = Raizin Patina Eye Shadow is a great dupe for Girl Meets Boy Eye Shadow And Forgery Eye Shadow for Prismique

daisydeadpetals

Quote:

Beautyburst

a Little Folie and brown script are similar to beautyburst

I posted a comparison of beautyburst and a little folie here:
http://specktra.net/f217/new-officia...ml#post1003796

And here's a comparison with brown script

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsybarite
L to R: Beautyburst and Brown Script on NC15 skin, no base:

BB_vs_BS.jpg

kellia

After swatching them today, I think henna e/s and sumptuous olive e/s are extremely similiar. Similar enough that you do not need both. My best friend thought they were exactly the same color, but I do think Henna is a teeny tiny bit lighter. But just a teeny tiny bit.

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
winks.gif

ssad.gif

It's not THAT close - and its a LE.. but smoke and diamonds is relatively close.... but I have both - so they're not tootoo close.. Good luck finding either.. these both were sold out really quickly