The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

lauraglou

Does anyone remember Restrained Rust Lip Stain??? I'd love a dupe for that if anyone one knows of one. I lost mine on a girly night out, I nearly cried I was so gutted
ssad.gif

User37

hi,
does anyone know a dupe for ROZZ REVIVAL?
it's a watermelon red. my mother bought that l/s for me as a present and i was first suspicious b/c i prefer to chose my makeup stuffs by my own and my mother has a very different taste than me/i (grammar?) but that lipstick... i now LOVE, love, love!

chickatthegym

Is there a (MAC only) dupe for Sweetness l/g from Barbie loves MAC? I am almost out and it's my all-time fav of any lip color... I would even settle for a l/s dupe
smiles.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
Does anyone know of a dupe for Full on Lust lipgloss (LE from The Originals collection)?

Unfortunately, I found the dupe is another LE, Soft and Slow. But Soft and Slow you can still find. Full on Lust is MLBB.

chickatthegym

Expensive Pink and Rich & Earthy are nearly identical on me (NW30)... I wish I would have noticed this before I bought the Notriety quad because that was the whole reason I bought it. O well LOL!

Face2Mac

I can see that. Although Expensive pink has more payoff on me. Rich and Earthy is more light toned.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I can see that. Although Expensive pink has more payoff on me. Rich and Earthy is more light toned.

iagree.gif
I think Expensive Pink is a bit more pigmented and I actually like it better than Rich & Earthy. But the colors are almost the same and they are both VP finish. I can post swatches if anyone is interested
smiles.gif

CellyCell

Cobalt (pro) and Nile (le) are damn near identical it pisses me off that I have them both. But I can't part with either of them, lol.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
Cobalt (pro) and Nile (le) are damn near identical it pisses me off that I have them both. But I can't part with either of them, lol.

Which one has better payoff? I have Nile and dont like the sheer chalky payoff compared to other shadows I have, but I dont have Cobalt - I may switch out - do you have a swatch?
smiles.gif

afloresm13

• If you have Antiqued (perm), you don't really need Glamour Check (Starflash/Love that Look)
  • If you have Satellite Dreams (perm), you don't really need Fashion Groupie (Starflash/Love that Look)
  • If you have Naked Lunch (perm), you don't really need Grand Entrance (Starflash/Love that Look)
  • If you have Sumptuous Olive (perm), you don't really need Mink and Sable (Starflash)
  • If you have Tempting (perm), you don't really need Romp (perm) - they're pretty similar IMO
  • If you have Honesty (perm), you don't really need Honey Lust (perm)
  • If you have Soft Brown (perm), you don't really need Tete a Tint (perm)
  • If you have Blanc Type (perm), you don't really need Brule (perm)
  • If you have Jeweltone (LE), you don't really need Violet Trance (LE)
  • If you have Cork (perm), you don't really need Wedge (perm)
  • If you have Saddle (perm), you don't really need Brown Down (perm)
  • If you have Shroom (perm), you don't really need Mylar (perm)
Some non-eyeshadow dupes, just for fun
smiles.gif

• If you have Warmed MSF, you don't really need Global Glow MSF
  • If you have Blonde's Gold pigment, you don't really need Gold Mode pigment (it's just a shade or so darker than Blonde's Gold, imo)
  • If you have Trace Gold blush, you don't really need Gold Spill MSF (Trace Gold's texture is much better anyway)
  • If you have Sunbasque blush, you don't really need Eversun beauty powder blush
  • If you have Refined Golden bronzer, you don't really need Sunny by Nature MSF

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
If I have the 187 brush and the new 131 brush do I need the 188?

I think it would depend on how often you use those kind of brushes and what you use them for. I have two 187's and a 188 and don't really use the 188 all that much. But it's nice for really pigmented blushes and highlights. I don't think it's a must-have though.

Dulcemiel

Here are two that lipglosses that have been discontinued, I would totally appreciate a Mac dup for

Varneesh and Babied ! Thanks.