The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko
If u have electric eel, you don't need Zingy

Or Clarity. They have minimal differences between the 3 of them, but they aren't noticeable on the eye while wearing.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunFille'
Here is what I have already & thanks for any help...
Take Wing -if it is the frosty red one Cranberry.
Showstopper-Mystery or BrunDark Edge-maybe Handwritten but HW is lighter
Hey!- All that Glitters
Nanogold- Hush
Embark... Folie but not as dark

I somewhat agree with Rose Blanc and Dreammaker but Dreammaker is more golden. Rose Blanc is similiar Going Bananas on my skin.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Hi Ladies! I have several LE eyeshadows that I was wondering if they may be similar to any regular line MAC shades. I'm planning on picking up some more eyeshadows soon and just don't want to end up buying 2 of the same color. Here is what I have already & thanks for any help...
Take Wing
Showstopper
Primal
Dark Edge
Tissue Weight
Femme Fi
Hey!
Nanogold
Soft Force
Embark...I know it is regular line already, but is there one that is similar?

I find Rose Blanc and Dreammaker to be very similar & Satin Taupe and Style Snob. Thanks!

On me the gold in Nanogold doesn't show up as much as the pink, so it ends up looking like a weaker version of Seedy Pearl, so that might be a permanent eye shadow that you may not need because you already have Nanogold, but it's a weird shade, so I'd swatch it for yourself. I don't have any of the other shades you mentioned but Embark and Showstopper, and I don't own anything else like Showstopper.

PeachTwist

Does anyone know if there is a perm dupe for the lipstick Aristo-Cat from the FF collection? I really love this colour but can't get it until the weekend at least and I'm worried they'll be sold out by then. Can only buy online so can't even get an MA or someone to hold it for me.

MoonGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist
Does anyone know if there is a perm dupe for the lipstick Aristo-Cat from the FF collection? I really love this colour but can't get it until the weekend at least and I'm worried they'll be sold out by then. Can only buy online so can't even get an MA or someone to hold it for me.

I checked out Plum Dandy after hearing it was a dupe and compared it to Aristo-Cat. They're VERY similar except Plum Dandy has a rose tint to it. Just as pretty I think. Aristo-Cat is a bit more subtle and more plummy. Both are frosts though. The MA said they were very different, but i don't agree.

CajunFille'

Quote:
Hi Ladies! I have several LE eyeshadows that I was wondering if they may be similar to any regular line MAC shades. I'm planning on picking up some more eyeshadows soon and just don't want to end up buying 2 of the same color. Here is what I have already & thanks for any help...
Take Wing
Showstopper
Primal
Dark Edge
Tissue Weight
Femme Fi
Hey!
Nanogold
Soft Force
Embark...I know it is regular line already, but is there one that is similar?

I find Rose Blanc and Dreammaker to be very similar & Satin Taupe and Style Snob. Thanks!

I went to MAC the other day and I took these eyeshadows with me just to be sure I wouldn't pick up dupes. These are the dupes I found for the shadows on my NC25/30 skintone.

Showstopper = Brun (showstopper is just slightly more brown where brun is slightly blacker.

Primal = Espresso

Dark Edge = Mystery

Tissue Weight =

Femme Fi = Dazzlelight (femme fi is just slightly warmer)

Hey! = Naked Lunch (naked lunch is just slightly pinker)

Nanogold = Hush

Soft Force = Ricepaper

Embark = Follie (follie is the same shade and tone just a lighter version)

Restless =

Amazon = Nylon

Tickles = Pink Freeze (pink freeze is the better choice here, b/c tickles is one of those horrible Lusters.

Bravado = Cranberry (bravado is just slightly pinker)

Hope this helps! If I find dupes for the other shades I will let ya'll know.
tong.gif

These shades are not exact dupes, but shades that I feel I do not need because they appear soooo close on my skin.
yes.gif

PeachTwist

Ty for the help!

'nother question.

How close are Melon p/g and Expensive Pink e/s?

I've looked through this WHOLE thread to see if they are and there has been no mention. I only ask as I saw a tutorial on here using both - but in the photos they looked almost identical to my eye - but I could be wrong. Just don't want to have to buy Melon if not needed - as I don't know how often I would use it.

Pls help!

chickatthegym

^They are different enough to get both for sure. Melon is more peachy/orange while expensive pink is pinker... I own both and can swatch next to each other when I get a chance if you'd like
smiles.gif

myystiqueen

hey guys~ need help in looking for dupe for Fafi Fun 'n Sexy lipstick. I saw someone had it on and it was the perfect color that I have been looking for. Too bad i missed the collection *sigh*
i have been searching for its dupe but so far the closest one I know of is Big Bow from hello kitty but its not even that similar. Anyone knows something else out there? it can be any brands, doesnt have to be MAC^^
thanks a lot guys

iqaganda

Any dupes also for

MAC Gladiola L/S
MAC Coral Polyp L/S

Hollywood Nights
Lollipop Loving
Melrose Mood

TIA! :D

Luthien

Is there currently a dupe for the lovely Flutterby lipstick which came out a few years back? It's my favorite nude, and of course - Limited Edition. :/