The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Vixstar

hey guys~ need help in looking for dupe for Fafi Fun 'n Sexy lipstick. I saw someone had it on and it was the perfect color that I have been looking for. Too bad i missed the collection *sigh*
i have been searching for its dupe but so far the closest one I know of is Big Bow from hello kitty but its not even that similar. Anyone knows something else out there? it can be any brands, doesnt have to be MAC^^
thanks a lot guys
I know it's not a lipstick, but Totally Bang! Superglass is a really similar shade, IMHO. If I can dig them both out I can do a swatch for you.

I do have another couple of hot pinks that I think are similar - will have a look at the weekend and get you names, if you'd like?

Vixstar

Is there currently a dupe for the lovely Flutterby lipstick which came out a few years back? It's my favorite nude, and of course - Limited Edition. :/
It depends on your colouring, but I find High Tea is really close - it can be a bit more pink but doesn't throw pink on me at all. Worth a try?

sayah

I'd love to find a dupe for the Ahoy there! l/s. I got Hue, but it's not the right fit for me. Anyone?
heart2.gif

m0rg3nst3rn

Is there a dupe for Meet the Fleet eyeshadow? I tried to get it from my local CCO but they didn't have any more.
Oh and is there one for Blue Storm eyeshadow as well?

LMD84

meet the fleet is quite a bit like print and also reminds me of contrast a little bit too. as far as blue storm do you mean the pigment? if so it looks very alike to bell bottom blue pigment. which was also in the naughty nauticals collection :)

m0rg3nst3rn

Thank you so much for the info. I don't remember if I have contrast, but I know that I have print, so that helps a lot.

As for blue storm, I meant the eyeshadow, sorry for not being clear. Would you happen to know a dupe of that or something that comes close?

LMD84

Thank you so much for the info. I don't remember if I have contrast, but I know that I have print, so that helps a lot.

As for blue storm, I meant the eyeshadow, sorry for not being clear. Would you happen to know a dupe of that or something that comes close?
aw sorry :( i dont have blue storm shadow. only the pigment! somebody else should be able to help soon though :)

Spikesmom

Any dupes also for

MAC Gladiola L/S
MAC Coral Polyp L/S

Hollywood Nights
Lollipop Loving
Melrose Mood

TIA! :D
There was a lipstick (also LE) in the Liberty of London collection that looked exactly like Gladiola but a little glossier. I'm not sure what the color was called. If you are close to a CCO you may be able to find it.

baghdad81

If you have MAC Lickable lipstick, you don't need Insanely It! Sheen Supreme Lipstick, on my NC20 skin, they look exactly the same!

My MA said they are very similar and I ended up getting MAC Lickable because they don't know yet how sheen supremes will perform in the summer (they are already mushy as it is!)

HTH!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Deep Truth is the closest thing in the MAC permanent collection, but Blue Storm is bluer, in a true blue (leaning indigo) sense, and not as navy as Deep Truth so I wouldn't call them dupes. I think Urban Decay's Deluxe Shadow in Adore is nearly a dupe, and actually better.

m0rg3nst3rn

[quote name="Twinkle_Twinkle" url="/forum/thread/62977/the-dupe-thread-if-you-have-you-don-t-really-need/810#post_2102039"]

Deep Truth is the closest thing in the MAC permanent collection, but Blue Storm is bluer, in a true blue (leaning indigo) sense, and not as navy as Deep Truth so I wouldn't call them dupes.  I think Urban Decay's Deluxe Shadow in Adore is nearly a dupe, and actually better.  
[/quote] Thank you so much! I will have to go out and pick that up.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Does anyone know if there is a MAC dupe for NARS Mangroove? Or Urban Decay maybe?? TIA:)

Bitter is probably closest in the regular perm line, but I agree that Sour Lemon is probably the best dupe overall- it's available permanently but only at PRO stores. I haven't seen it in person to confirm, but some reviewers have said that Sun Blonde from the upcoming Surf Baby is pretty close. It seems to lack the green tinge of Mangrove, but it might be worth looking into.

shontay07108

If anyone is still looking for a Saffron dupe for any reason, Inglot has one. Sorry, I can't recall the number. I just remember after Mickey Contractor sold out, I went to an Inglot store and swatched it. It was pretty much identical except, I think it was matte and not a satin.

Hepcat288

Can anyone tell me if Satin Taupe would be a dupe for MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Earthly Riches (the taupe half) from the Antiquitease Collection. I already have Earthly Riches and I don't want to buy Satin Taupe if they are very similar. Thanks.

romi79_2008

^ Not similar at all, the part from mes is more grey than taupe.

Nars Ashes to Ashes is perfect dupe for Mac Style Snob on my NC 20 skintone, also nars abyssinia= mac shroom