The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Mandypaul

Hi i was just wondering is Shadowy Lady e/s anything like Cranberry e/s as my boyfriend is getting me cranberry e/s and some eye palettes and i see thar shadowy lady seem a bit similar? but i have only seen them on macs website so its hard to tell. Thanks in advance

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandypaul
Hi i was just wondering is Shadowy Lady e/s anything like Cranberry e/s as my boyfriend is getting me cranberry e/s and some eye palettes and i see thar shadowy lady seem a bit similar? but i have only seen them on macs website so its hard to tell. Thanks in advance

Do you mean Star Violet? Because Cranberry and Shadow Lady are nothing a light. Cranberry is a frosty red/pink, like the fruit, and Shadowy Lady is matte, deep eggplant. I would check out the swatches on the MAC website for reference.

Mandypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Do you mean Star Violet? Because Cranberry and Shadow Lady are nothing a light. Cranberry is a frosty red/pink, like the fruit, and Shadowy Lady is matte, deep eggplant. I would check out the swatches on the MAC website for reference.

Yea sorry i must of meant Star Violet :confused: thanks
thmbup.gif

foxyqt

Quote:
Anyone know a good dupe of Subtle pigment? TIA!

Innuendo e/s.. but that came out with the same collection as Subtle & its a limited edition shadow =)

foxyqt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandypaul
Yea sorry i must of meant Star Violet :confused: thanks
thmbup.gif

they are similar in that they are both plum-y colors but Cranberry is more red and brighter while Star Violet is "pinky-brown" and more metallic.. i think its worth having both!

Mandypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
they are similar in that they are both plum-y colors but Cranberry is more red and brighter while Star Violet is "pinky-brown" and more metallic.. i think its worth having both!

Thank you :yes:

Karen_B

Does anyone know how Family Silver MES compares to Quarry MES from the Flashtronic collection?

MissVivaMac

Re: If you have...you don't really need....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Ooh this is a great thread!!

If you have Hepcat you dont need Purple Shower

If you have Girlie you dont need Rio De Rosa

If you have Silver Ring you dont need Swan Lake

If you have Embark you dont need Twinks

If you have Brun you dont need Concrete

If you have Shale you dont need Quarry or Haux

If you have Swiss Chocolate you dont need Espresso

If you have Humid you dont need Sprout or Greensmoke

If you have Deep Truth you dont need Contrast

If you have Tan Ray paint you dont need Structural Brown paint

If you have Sharkskin shadestick you dont need Graphito paint

If you have Jadeye Fluidline you dont need Delphic Fluidline

This is a great list, but a couple I disagree...Swiss chocolate when blended correctly is a great crease color with sketch, and espresso is dark enough to create a smoky eye.

Also embark is going to come out a lil auburn but twinks is going to have a soft shimmer to it.

I would also say if you have vanilla you dont need vapour.

If you are looking for a highlighter phloof! is great and I stopped using pink freeze.

If you have bitter, you dont need the mcqueen lime green(forgot the name)

If you have blacktied I would skip nehru and just go for carbon.

greengrin.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

In reference to the Matte2:

If you have Shadowy Lady you don't need Signed, Sealed.
If you have Passionate you don't need Post Haste.
If you have Embark you don't need Handwritten.
And if you have Electric Eel you don't need Clarity.

I also think Prussian and Blu Noir are similar, but the latter is discontinued.

I like the Matte2, but nearly half of them are just better formulations of existing colors.

Danapotter

Just wanted to say Nocturnelle e/s is the shimmery version of Fig 1.

I compared them side by side on my NC45 skin, and they looked the same, just Nocturnelle has shimmer.

foxyqt

what about those tons of bronzey-browns? if i have Bronze e/s, which of these would i need the least: Mulch / Tempting / Twinks / Romp?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
what about those tons of bronzey-browns? if i have Bronze e/s, which of these would i need the least: Mulch / Tempting / Twinks / Romp?

Hmm, probably Tempting or Mulch. I think Mulch is deeper and browner though. I vote for scratching Tempting off the to-get list. I haven't used my Tempting in years.

Danapotter

Quote:

Well Romp is a golden brown, Twinks is a pink brown, Mulch and Tempting are the bronzy bronzes, I say go with Tempting!

:yes:

shesparkles

Quote:
Anyone know a good dupe of Subtle pigment? TIA!

Coco or Mauvement, tho Mauvement is chunkier and more prone to fallout.

BTW I find Innuendo to be similar but lighter than any of these. HTH!

RoseMe

If you want Nars Orgasm but not the price tag, Jane blusher in 04 Blushing Earth Sheer is SERIOUSLY close to it. On the skin there is really no way to tell them apart (on me anyways!).

foreverymoment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowcrushed
hepcat/romping and I dont know on claire de lune but it was nothing special!

HEPCAT + STARS N ROCKETS = ROMPING...
or something dang close to it.

smiles.gif

HTH
greengrin.gif

jilliandanica

I just hauled for Metal-X and Goldspice was already sold out so instead I bought Amber Lights.

Amber Lights ES + Mangomix SS = Goldspice!

Latest posts