The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

macaddict_xo

If you have Falling star you dont need Cranberry. IMO I find these two to be identicle on me
yes.gif

MiCHiE

The only true dupes I have/seen are Wishful and Naked Lunch. There is very little difference in the 2. Many of the items you guys are comparing are nothing alike, though. While they may favor each other or resemble slightly I surely wouldn't outright call them "dupes".

DaisyPie

I find Sushi Flower, Girlie and Angelcake are similar on my skin. They're all different shades of pink, but not different enough to make me want to buy all three.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
If I have Pink Opal pigment, do I need Vapour eyeshadow?

The textures of the two are quite different - Pink Opal's much frostier and Vapour can come off chalky. Vapour also flashes more blue and Pink Opal more pink - on me, at least. Outside of that, there's no need to rush out and get one if you have the other.

shesparkles

If you have Expensive Pink, you don't need In Living Pink (which is DC'ed anyway). Now I have three of the same color.

They are very very slightly different, but I can't imagine anyone needing both.

shesparkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyPie
I find Sushi Flower, Girlie and Angelcake are similar on my skin. They're all different shades of pink, but not different enough to make me want to buy all three.

Sushi Flower is much more coral on me than Girlie.

color_lover456

Does anyone know good dupes for the Bobbi Brown Velvet Plum Metallics pallette? Especially the two darker shades, they were beautiful...

Danapotter

Any good dupes for Violet Pigment?

I do not have $20 to buy it right now. Any other product similar to it? Pressed or loose?

Kitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeve2010
do you think slip pink is a dupe for neutral pink??

I swatched neutral pink and girlie on my NW20 skin and found they are almost identical.

HTH!

soco210

NEED a good dupe for De Menthe e/s - MAC live chat said Steamy but by looking at the swatch I don't agree and was thinking more surreal... what do you ladies think?

c00ki312

shroom and jest look really similar on my eyes which i was dissapointed about as i was hoping jest was a bit more peachy.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesparkles
Coco or Mauvement, tho Mauvement is chunkier and more prone to fallout.

BTW I find Innuendo to be similar but lighter than any of these. HTH!

Mauvement reminds me more of Copperclast than Coco.

AriannaErin

ANYONE know of a good dupe for the shimmery pinky-beige portion of Engaging MES?

I feel silly that I keep buying new ones when I'm only really using up one side
tong.gif

Latest posts