The NC50 Thread

sagehen

y'all need to stop with all this talk of NARS. I am so afraid to try it - because I might like it! I don't need anymore foundation.

NARS Sheer Glow in Macao is my HG foundation. I have MUFE HD and have tried MAC foundations and a few drug store foundations but I always run back to my NARS Sheer Glow......I love NARS products.

BeautyByLele

I never tried Macao and that's simply because when i was matched to new guinea it was dead on match and being a victim of Mac horrible matching system, where i was NW45 for years and recently started wearing NC50 which is still not an exact match, i was just in awe that a foundation can actually be a dead on match and blend flawless on my skin the way sheer glow does.
Okay I got a sample of the Macao and it was too yellow for me. I feel New Guinea Sheer Glow is a perfect match for me, I also got a sample of the New Guinea Matte foundation to test out. I am def going to pick up New Guinea in the Sheer Glow soon. I also got a sample of the Urban Decay foundation in #11 to test out.

auriannjag42

Okay I got a sample of the Macao and it was too yellow for me.  I feel New Guinea Sheer Glow is a perfect match for me, I also got a sample of the New Guinea Matte foundation to test out.  I am def going to pick up New Guinea in the Sheer Glow soon.  I also got a sample of the Urban Decay  foundation in #11 to test out.
i hope that works out for you, i didn't try the matte formula because it was just a tad bit too matte for me, but i'm in the mood for another foundation and i heard mixed reviews on urban decay foundation, so definietly let me know how that works out for you please, and also let me know how you like the sheer matte and maybe i will invest in that instead :)

PlatinumPJ

*waves to all the NC50 ladies* i've been a lurker here for YEARS, and I finally just decided to post because this thread has been very helpful to me. I'm at work but I'll be back to post the LONG list of foundations that I have found that match me.

GoldenGirl

That new cream compact foundation WILL be mine when it gets cooler. I just bought the sheer glow (wearing it today actually) and I've put myself on a no buy for a while since I've gone a little crazy this month. But I'm very excited to hear more information about it and some reviews when it's released. Sephora already has it up on their site too.

sagehen

Quote:Originally Posted by PlatinumPJ

*waves to all the NC50 ladies* i've been a lurker here for YEARS, and I finally just decided to post because this thread has been very helpful to me. I'm at work but I'll be back to post the LONG list of foundations that I have found that match me.

NCC is that you? Heeeyyyy! Welcome!

BeautyByLele

I have been wearing the Nars Sheer glow Foundation in New Guinea for a couple of days and I really like it so its on my list to buy . Next I will be trying out the Nars Sheer Matte in New Guinea this week to see how that wears.

destine2grow

I love foundation. I don't buy a ton of them but I'm always on the search for that flawless base. I am still loving the Revlon Colorstay Whipped btw but sometimes I just feel like being a foundation heaux. LOL! Has anyone ever tried Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer?
I have tried Kevyn Aucoin SSE and I love it. It is a little thick but it's creamy and easy to blend. You can use it as foundation or a concealer. I wear it in SX15

destine2grow

I have tried Kevyn Aucoin SSE and I love it. It is a little thick but it's creamy and easy to blend. You can use it as foundation or a concealer. I wear it in SX15
Do u know what color be would best to use for a highlight ?[/quote]Not right off hand. I would have to look at the shades again

captodometer

I braved the Beverly Hills mall on the way home from work today
icon_eek.gif
Visited Sephora and did swatches:

NARS Macao: too dark and too orange
Cover FX Pressed Mineral G80:perfect
Kat Von D Lock It Deep 74: perfect
Josie Maran Matchmaker Med/Dark: pretty good

Be careful when looking at the Kat Von D swatches on the Sephora site. I would have chosen shade 66 if I had to order online without ever getting to swatch: it would have been too dark and too red. I was actually amazed by the Josie Maran foundation: one size never fits all but this actually was a pretty decent match after going on shockingly light.

Then I went to Macy's and tried the MAC BB Cream: Dark Plus. I liked this too. It was a good foundation shopping day, lol. Probably won't happen again before I die
girlhaha.gif
I ended up buying the MAC: in SoCal, SPF35 wins. Might pick up the Josie Maran next time QVC has a sale: much less expensive than at Sephora. Kat Von D goes on wishlist for FF sale.

sagehen

You saved me some $$ - I too would have thought 66 by Kat Von D would have been a match. I also tried Macao and Trinidad by NARS today - no dice. The Sephora SA was on a Clinique kick (she had done the SkinIQ thing on me and Clinique Stay Matte came up as a match) and she used Spice from the Stay Matte line - looked good at first, well decent, but by the time I got home my face was a totally different color than my neck lol.

BeautyByLele

I braved the Beverly Hills mall on the way home from work today:shock:   Visited Sephora and did swatches: NARS Macao: too dark and too orange Cover FX Pressed Mineral G80:perfect Kat Von D Lock It Deep 74: perfect Josie Maran color match Med/Dark: pretty good Be careful when looking at the Kat Von D swatches on the Sephora site.  I would have chosen shade 66 if I had to order online without ever getting to swatch: it would have been too dark and too red.  I was actually amazed by the Josie Maran foundation: one size never fits all but this actually was a pretty decent match after going on shockingly light. Then I went to Macy's and tried the MAC BB Cream: Dark Plus.  I liked this too.  It was a good foundation shopping day, lol.  Probably won't happen again before I die:haha: I ended up buying the MAC: in SoCal, SPF35 wins.  Might pick up the Josie Maran next time QVC has a sale: much less expensive than at Sephora.  Kat Von D goes on wishlist for FF sale.  
You saved me some $$ - I too would have thought 66 by Kat Von D would have been a match. I also tried Macao and Trinidad by NARS today - no dice. The Sephora SA was on a Clinique kick (she had done the SkinIQ thing on me and Clinique Stay Matte came up as a match) and she used Spice from the Stay Matte line - looked good at first, well decent, but by the time I got home my face was a totally different color than my neck lol.
I have the kat von D in 66 and it's a dull. I have a sample of the 68 to try. Wow kat Von D in 74 was a perfect match? I don't know if the sephora I went to carried that shade, I will google it and try to find swatches. From Nars try New Guinea, it seems to be a perfect match.

captodometer

From Nars try New Guinea, it seems to be a perfect match
I tried the Kat Von D powder foundation: the store had all 16 of the available shades.. They didn't have the darker shades of the liquid foundation for me to try, although I don't think 66 would have worked for me. Beige undertone as described is neutral and therefore a no for me: I usually need warm and yellow or golden.

NARS: no New Guinea to swatch either. The last available shade was Trinidad: too red, too dark.

Sephora can be such a hit or miss when it comes to being able to actually see the darker foundation shades in person
hmm.gif
In our skintone range, the chances of being able to sell or swap an unwanted foundation are slim to nonexistent: I've ended up having to RAOK mine. So if I'm going to invest $25+, I definitely want to see it before I buy it. This is probably one of the reasons that I have more or less stuck with MAC over the years: there's never any issue with actually being able to see and try the product.

sagehen

I tried the Kat Von D powder foundation: the store had all 16 of the available shades.. They didn't have the darker shades of the liquid foundation for me to try, although I don't think 66 would have worked for me. Beige undertone as described is neutral and therefore a no for me: I usually need warm and yellow or golden.

NARS: no New Guinea to swatch either. The last available shade was Trinidad: too red, too dark.

Sephora can be such a hit or miss when it comes to being able to actually see the darker foundation shades in person
hmm.gif
In our skintone range, the chances of being able to sell or swap an unwanted foundation are slim to nonexistent: I've ended up having to RAOK mine. So if I'm going to invest $25+, I definitely want to see it before I buy it. This is probably one of the reasons that I have more or less stuck with MAC over the years: there's never any issue with actually being able to see and try the product.
True - especially for the bolded, for so many reasons.

Latest posts