The NC50 Thread

sagehen

oooh, thanks for this pic. I still have not picked wnw Bare It All.. I will look for it this afternoon. Any excuse to put Love Nectar on my lips lol (I only bought that gloss because of the name and ended up liking it)

Divad2013

I got a sample of the Sheer Glow in Macao I didn't buy it because I wanted a little more coverage but it was a good match for me. Even though in the Revlon ColorStay I can wear Cappuccino better than Carmel... I think this winter I will be in the carmel

captodometer

New Guinea, New Orleans and Benares are available at most Nordstrom stores. I don't know if you are near one but you could swatch and/or buy there. Isn't it Trend Show season?
You just saved me some serious dollars. None of the NARS foundation shades recommended in this thread actually work for me; from looking at many of the avatar pics, I suspect that I'm a tad more yellow/orange than most of the posters. I visited the Nordstrom store at The Grove yesterday and swatched them all: all too dark/red for me. But at the same time, I visited the Kmart across the street and got some Cover Girl Queen foundations at BOGO 50%. Will post later with the outcomes, but at only $15 for two, it's a no lose situation.

sagehen

You just saved me some serious dollars.  None of the NARS foundation shades  recommended in this thread actually work for me; from looking at many of the avatar pics,  I suspect that I'm a tad more yellow/orange than most of the posters.   I visited the Nordstrom store at The Grove yesterday and swatched them all: all too dark/red for me.  But at the same time, I visited the Kmart across the street and got some Cover Girl Queen foundations at BOGO 50%.  Will post later with the outcomes, but at only $15 for two, it's a no lose situation.
Have you tried Macao too? It is very yellow. I don't think NARS works for me either. I quit trying because I am confused - they are re-naming several foundations and they are changing the classifications of Medium Dark and Dark, so what worked for me a year ago no longer works. Forget it. There are plenty of foundations out there. I so wish I could get CG Queen easily near me. Their foundations are not bad.

lilchocolatema

Hi ladies,

I use Seychelles for the Tinted Moisturizer, and Trinidad for the new cream foundation. I've got a lot of yellow in my skin, and a bunch of red around the perimeter of my face. Needless to say, wearing NC50 all over my face doesn't really work. I swatched these last week, hopefully it'll help!

lenchen

I'm an NC50 with yellow golden undertones. I have matched to Matchmaster 7.5(sample), MAC Face and body N7 in the past. I haven't used a MAC foundation in a really long time as I've found others that have worked better for me. I have also been matched to Bobbi Brown Skin foundation warm Almond. I use MUFE 177 for special occasions when I know I'll be photographed, it's too much for me everyday.

Foundations I wear often:

NARS-New Guinea (the website says red undertones but this has yellow golden undertones)-Winter
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere 114-Summer
Yves Saint Laurent Beige Diore 70- year round
Revlon Colourstay Caramel-Summer
Lancome Teint idole ultra-500w Summer

Conealers
Bobbi Brown foundation stick Warm Almond
Becca Foundation stick & concealer Truffle
MUFE Cover up #14
MUFE 5 concealer palette #4

Tinted Moisturizers:
BECCA -Cognac
Laura Mercier Walnut

Favourite Blushes:

NARS Liberte
NARS Gina
NARS Torrid
NARS Taos
NARS Gilda
Beauty is life-Soft glow
Beauty is life-Denver
Beauty is life-Tibet
Beauty is life-Chelsea
Beauty is life-Opera
MAC Merrily

These two brands have the best texture and is very pigmented, I love Blush, and I have many more shades from both brands, and others but I use these often.

Bronzers:
Guerlain Ebony 08
Guerlain 4 seasons in 08
NARS Multiple Bronzing stick Rapa Nui

Highlighters:
My Holy Grails
Beauty is Life-Multi touch powder in Castania
Beauty is Life-Multi touch powder in Sable D'or
NARS Multiple in Palm Beach
Guerlain- Sun n the city

Eyes:
MAC Neutral eye shadows especially the warm tone matte browns, golds like woodwinked, brown script, smoke and diamonds to name a few, Urban Decay the original naked palette, MAC blue and green eye shadows. For the most part MAC
MAC eyeliners
MAC Paint pots
NARS eyeliner pen

Lipsticks:
Reds
CHANEL Dragon
CHANEL Pirate

Coral/salmon (corals are difficult to pull off but these work for me)
CHANEL Rouge Allure Egeire
MAC Fresh Salmon

Pinks
MAC Girl About Town
MAC Candy Yum Yum
MAC Lickable
MAC Speak louder

Violet/Deep plums
MAC Violetta
MAC Faultlessly F/W

Nudes
MAC Touch-Brown nude
MAC Freckletone
MAC Jubilee
MAC Fresh Brew
MAC Call my bluff
MAC Pillow talk

Lipgloss Staples
MAC Boy Biatul
MAC Mad cap
MAC All my purple life
CHANEL Gossmier in Giggle
An update,
for foundation I only use
Lancome Teint idole ultra-500w
and I use the Becca tinted moisturizer, and Laura mercier

Highlighters I use Becca shimmering skin perfector in Topaz, Gold, and bronze (during the day)
Guerlain sun in the city
Beauty is life multi touch powder sable d or
Beauty is life multi touch powder castania
I no longer use NARS multiple

Bronzing /blush/ Lips
same products in my original post.

sagehen

An update, for foundation I only use Lancome Teint idole ultra-500w and I use the Becca tinted moisturizer, and Laura mercier Highlighters I use Becca shimmering skin perfector in Topaz, Gold, and bronze (during the day) Guerlain sun in the city Beauty is life multi touch powder sable d or Beauty is life multi touch powder castania I no longer use NARS multiple Bronzing /blush/ Lips same products in my original post.
Quick question - why did you stop using the NARS? I am trying to decide about trying a foundation from the line and it looks like I should try New Guinea, which you used to use.

dreamlove

For all of you ladies who use nars sheer glow...how does it behave on oily skin. I am pretty oily and need something that won't have me looking greasy later in the day.
I have extremely oily skin but I still prefer sheer glow over sheer matte. I just use setting spray and powder after a few hours.

TCFC

I have been to MAC on numerous occasions. Each time I was matched to different colors. In the Studio Fix Compact, one person matched me to NC45 and another to NW45. Neither of them worked because I do have true yellow undertones and they both leave me orange. The third time I went they matched me to Face & Body C8, which is perfect in the Summer. But, too dark in the Winter. The last time I went they said I was NC50 in something liquid (can't remember name). But, it was too heavy for me. So I gave up on MAC after that...well, except for my MSF Natural in Dark.

I've been to both Sephora and Ulta and have yet to find a foundation that matched. The lady at Ulta said, that they just didn't have anything that matched my "Golden" undertones that would also be dark enough. She advised me to try Bobbi Brown because their foundations have a yellow undertone. So off to Nordrom I went. I watched matched to Warm Almond 6.5 in both the Stick and Extra Repair Foundation. While those were a pretty good match, I didn't want to spend that much on a foundation when I'm still learning makeup and wear it three days a week.

I have even tried the Revlon and Covergirl 3 n 1. The Revlon whipped is an okay color. It seems to be more for olive undertones and the Covergirl 3 n 1 in Golden Honey is actually perfect. Only problem is I have dry skin. So while it doesn't dry me out, it looks like I have makeup on, which is NOT what I want to look like. So for now I will continue to use MAC Face & Body in C7 with my MSF Natural in Dark to warm it up a bit.

All of this to say, I am glad I found this thread and I will go and ask for samples for some of the foundations (that are less than the $50+ for Bobbi Brown) mentioned. Trying them in the store just doesn't work since I wipe it off once I leave (scared I look a mess)!!

sagehen

Welcome! I feel you on the C8 issue. I miss it. Random: if C8 is your perfect shade, have you tried mixing C9 (you have to buy from a Pro store) and C7 to make a custom match? It actually works. I know it's a large initial layout of funds but you will have enough foundation to last a long time and it's still cheaper per ounce than some drugstore brands. Also, do you live near a CCO? You can find the Bobbi Brown foundations there pretty often.

K_ashanti

I've been trying everything under the sun being dark with yellow/golden undertones is really a challenging, I will try NARS sheer matte next...

sagehen

I did and it matched me at least two shades too dark one day, and too light when I tried again. I gave up lol.

BeautyByLele

Welcome! I feel you on the C8 issue. I miss it. Random: if C8 is your perfect shade, have you tried mixing C9 (you have to buy from a Pro store) and C7 to make a custom match? It actually works. I know it's a large initial layout of funds but you will have enough foundation to last a long time and it's still cheaper per ounce than some drugstore brands. Also, do you live near a CCO? You can find the Bobbi Brown foundations there pretty often.
Imma try this too ! I already have C9 which is pretty good but I don't feel it's perfect.... So I'm get some C7 and mix the two and see how it turns out

BeautyByLele

Didn't I just say in the other thread I need to stop buying foundations?!?!? But this doesn't count cux it's not really a 'new' foundation... It's just a shade difference.. Lol