The NC50 Thread

sagehen

Didn't I just say in the other thread I need to stop buying foundations?!?!? But this doesn't count cux it's not really a 'new' foundation... It's just a shade difference.. Lol
I really think this is more of a case of trying to make something you already have work. Yes, go with that lol! eta: now, having said that, I am not saying I will not be taking the Cover FX plunge sometime soon. My excuse for this is that my Inglot shade was discontinued.

foizzy

Lips: Viva Glam Cyndi. I absolutely ADORE this one, so much so that I barely use it because it's DC'd. Fresh Brew. 5N from the...um... nudes? collection? I can't remember the name of the collection but it was the one with the lipsticks all like 1N, 2N, 3N, etc. Ruby/RiRiWoo. The Maybelline Vivids.

Highlighter/Bronzer. I have YET to find a bronzer or highlighter that's not a shimmery mess. My pores disagree with all things shimmery. Still looking.
Viva Glam Cyndi and 5N are my absolute favourites! I wear Cyndi by itself and 5N with Viva Glam V l/g over it.

I tend to highlight with MAC Format (blush). It gives a very subtle finish that I love.

Inglot Cream Foundation in 34 is my all time favourite. It used to be really red on me until I moved to the tropics and everything changed. Sadly, I've run out and have no way of getting another one for a while.

I'm currently on my last MAC Studio Stick foundation. I bought backups to last a life time, or so I thought. I will be really sad to see this one go. I've gone back to Studio Sculpt in an attempt to stretch my Studio Stick out and also to use it up as I didn't like it but...It's surprisingly good. I have to do some contouring on the perimeter of my face but that's ok.

sagehen

Thanks for the reminder about 5N. I don't know why I have neglected it so. I so want to know what foundation Tasha Smith is wearing on the Chew (I am not watching it by choice; I am in a hospital emergency room). It is flawless. I wish we could watch on mute and marvel at her makeup.

BeautyByLele

Thanks for the reminder about 5N. I don't know why I have neglected it so. I so want to know what foundation Tasha Smith is wearing on the Chew (I am not watching it by choice; I am in a hospital emergency room). It is flawless. I wish we could watch on mute and marvel at her makeup.
Oh no Sage, hope everything goes okay !

PrissyChrissy

I tried Nars Macao and to me it looks too orange, so if someone is interested in purchasing, I would sell it for cheap. I also tried the Kat Von D in 66 but I think it can come off ashy on the skin. I am going to try out the Color IQ at Sephora to find my perfect matches

itsagirl

Has anyone tried the Marc Jacobs foundation?  What shade did you get?
#84 Cocoa Medium, but it's out of stock online right now. It's a perfect match and I have very olive undertones
I tried Nars Macao and to me it looks too orange, so if someone is interested in purchasing, I would sell it for cheap. I also tried the Kat Von D in 66 but I think it can come off ashy on the skin. I am going to try out the Color IQ at Sephora to find my perfect matches
ColorIQ is a good starting point. It gave me 29 matches and the MUA tried three foundations in-store and gave me three to take home.

sagehen

PSA: Marc Jacobs GeniusGel foundation in 84 (Cocoa Medium) is back in stock on Sephora. Too bad the VIB code finally stopped working.

LouGarner

i'm happy I found this thread. I wear a NC 50 in pro longwear and a NW43 in studio fix. I have wanted to try some new foundations but I am in Korea and they don't have a lot of selection for foundation for WOC.

sagehen

Confession time: So, uh, Stila is dc'ing their Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation, and they still had some left in shade H...my shade. I just scooped up three bottles and added a couple items to get free shipping. Scandalous? Maybe, but $38 bottles of foundation going for $9 can do that for a person. I am so sad they are getting rid of this item. There is no shade match in the Stay All Day foundation for me.

LouGarner

Confession time: So, uh, Stila is dc'ing their Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation, and they still had some left in shade H...my shade. I just scooped up three bottles and added a couple items to get free shipping. Scandalous? Maybe, but $38 bottles of foundation going for $9 can do that for a person. I am so sad they are getting rid of this item. There is no shade match in the Stay All Day foundation for me.
i'm going to look for that right now. if you are scopping it up it must be serious lol

sagehen

i'm going to look for that right now. if you are scopping it up it must be serious lol
It is. It took me a little learning curve, but when paired with a rich setting powder (Stla does not make one dark enough for us) it is a beautiful, long-wearing finish that does not lean orange/red nor gray. This is great for me, because my skin is neutral and so is this foundation.

fabulousfab

Morning Ladies,

I just got match to MAC SFF in NC50 this past weekend. I am wearing it this morning and so far I like. Below is the other foundation that I used or have tried.

MUFE duo mat powder- 216 caramel (perfect match love it!)

Naked Skin- 11.0

BH cosmetics- Deep Cocoa ( This blends into my skin perfectly) At one point I couldn't decide between Deep Cocoa or Deep Beige because they both match me. Deep Beige has a slight red undertone for me I may use Deep Beige in the summer.

MUFE 177- I have tried a sample of this but it looks ashy grey on me. I may give this another try with a different prime it could have been the lighting.

Lancome Teint Idole - I am trying a of 500 W and 510 C they both seem to back to match me I can't seem to decide.

Cover Girl Queen 3 n 1- Almond glow matches ok but it gives me a ashy look (it could be the lighting) I have tried golden honey it matches my T-zone but too yellow for my perimeter.

Medgal07

Didn't I just say in the other thread I need to stop buying foundations?!?!? But this doesn't count cux it's not really a 'new' foundation... It's just a shade difference.. Lol
busted.gif
Lele!

1drfullycr8ed

Morning Ladies,

I just got match to MAC SFF in NC50 this past weekend. I am wearing it this morning and so far I like. Below is the other foundation that I used or have tried.

MUFE duo mat powder- 216 caramel (perfect match love it!)

Naked Skin- 11.0

BH cosmetics- Deep Cocoa ( This blends into my skin perfectly) At one point I couldn't decide between Deep Cocoa or Deep Beige because they both match me. Deep Beige has a slight red undertone for me I may use Deep Beige in the summer.

MUFE 177- I have tried a sample of this but it looks ashy grey on me. I may give this another try with a different prime it could have been the lighting.

Lancome Teint Idole - I am trying a of 500 W and 510 C they both seem to back to match me I can't seem to decide.

Cover Girl Queen 3 n 1- Almond glow matches ok but it gives me a ashy look (it could be the lighting) I have tried golden honey it matches my T-zone but too yellow for my perimeter.
Thank you for posting this! Sephora is two hours away from me. I wanted to try the MUF duo mat powder but was unsure of the color. I have heard great reviews on the BH cosmetics foundation. I might give this one a try.