The NC50 Thread

GoldenGirl

So it turns out I am a bit of a strange duck. Macao in the Sheer Glow is my perfection (**hugs bottle tightly**) but in the new Cream Foundation it was a hot mess. I wish I could test New Guinea before buying but I don't know how that's possible with a cream foundation. I used the sample of New Guinea Sheer Glow I got from Sephora and it was kinda reddish and sucked all the gold/yellow undertones out of my face. Most MUA's insist on matching me to my jawline, but when they do that, my face looks darker than my neck and that's not the look I'm going for, especially when most foundations oxidize during the day and get even darker. I also went to Mac this weekend and got matched to Matchmaster 7.5 but again... fine for the perimeter, but a little too dark for the center of my face. Ah the foundation frustrations of women of color.
ohboy.gif
I may return it. I've been using just a small, maybe half a pump or less with my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and that's actually a decent combo. The BB Cream was a little *too* sheer, but with the Matchmaster it's like coverage but not COVERAGE if that makes any sense. And I still get to keep my fabulous golden undertones.

I came to ask if anyone has used the Iman BB Cream. I checked this thread, but didn't see it unless I missed it. I have the Sleek BB Cream in Medium on its way to me, and also the OCC Tint in Y5. I'll let you guys know how those work out.

Fancydymedout1

Hi ladies. I stumbled across this thread while trying to google the urban decay foundation shade equivalent for Mac nc50. So I decided to make my contribution to the discussion. Foundation / powder shades: All Mac foundations that I own (studio tech; studio sculpt; moisture blend; fix fluid): nc50 MAC Mineral skin finish: dark MAC studio moisture tint: deep dark Laura mercer tinted moisturizer : walnut Inglot cosmetics cream foundation: 34 Inglot pressed powder : 31( I swear by this!) MUFE HD & Mat Velvet + :177 NARS radiant cream foundation: Macao Concealer (no highlight): Inglot cream concealer:73 Inglot under eye concealer: DW1 MAC prolong wear: nc50 MAC select cover up: NW40 Concealer (highlight): I set my highlight with Ben Nye Banana powder Cover FX: N Med-deep MAC studio finish: NC45 (brow highlight) Contour: -MAC Blunt blush -MUFE Sculpting kit -Inglot eyeshadow 363 -Inglot cream powder foundation 94 I own a lot of bronzers but the one I grab for the most is MAC refined deeper bronze bronzing powder. I believe it's discontinued and I haven't found a dupe as of yet which is breaking my heart because I'm hitting pan on it. I see people are mentioning their favorite blushes so here are mine: -Hard Candy : bombshell 128 -NYX : cinnamon -MAC : Sweet as cocoa; raizin I own about 250 lipsticks so it'll take forever to say what works with my skintone. My "faves" depend on my mood, currently I find myself reaching for: -Mac Saint Germain; snob; riri woo; -Inglot slim lipstick: 65 -Wet & Wild: Bare It All; Dollhouse pink; 916D -Inglot sleeps cream 91

sagehen

Hi ladies. I stumbled across this thread while trying to google the urban decay foundation shade equivalent for Mac nc50. So I decided to make my contribution to the discussion. Foundation / powder shades: All Mac foundations that I own (studio tech; studio sculpt; moisture blend; fix fluid): nc50 MAC Mineral skin finish: dark MAC studio moisture tint: deep dark Laura mercer tinted moisturizer : walnut Inglot cosmetics cream foundation: 34 Inglot pressed powder : 31( I swear by this!) MUFE HD & Mat Velvet + :177 NARS radiant cream foundation: Macao
I knew I should have given Inglot Cream Foundation #34 a try. Darn. Now I "need" tr try something new.

Jubilae

Hi!
th_thstars.gif
I've been lurking forever but I feel at home with you guys. It makes me feel like I"m not only in my foundation craze.

itsagirl

I've come across specktra in searches before, but I finally have something to add.

I normally use Mac Face and Body in C7, Match Master in 7.5 and Studio Fix Fluid in NC50, but nothing has ever been right. I've had to mix to match, cover with powder, they've oxidized to an orange mess or just been ashy.

I've found the perfect, for me, foundation match in Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Cocoa Medium. I've been wearing it for a week and I've been stopped three times by strangers who gushed over my skin and two friends have squealed over how 'pretty' I look after not seeing me for a few months.

Jubilae

Quote: I've found the perfect, for me, foundation match in Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Cocoa Medium. I've been wearing it for a week and I've been stopped three times by strangers who gushed over my skin and two friends have squealed over how 'pretty' I look after not seeing me for a few months.

Ugh, you're going to make me run out and get a sample. Are you oily?

sagehen

Ugh, you're going to make me run out and get a sample. Are you oily?
PBI: I know you were not asking me, but I am oily and have used Cocoa Medium and it is a FANTASTIC match, and kept my oil at bay for hours. This was after a sephora application with no primer. I was impressed, but I don't know if I want to spend $48 for a foundation. The SA used Cocoa Medium in the gel foundation and the perfection powder in Cocoa.

GoldenGirl

Well well well! I was checking these out in Sephora a few weeks ago and was wondering what shade I'd wear. I was looking to buy something else tho, and didn't bother to ask for a sample, but I think I will. I'm not an oily girl, but I just want to feel some Marc Jacobs all over my face...
fluffy.gif

Fancydymedout1

Quote:Originally Posted by sagehen

I knew I should have given Inglot Cream Foundation #34 a try. Darn. Now I "need" tr try something new.

Go for it!

sagehen

Quote:Originally Posted by sagehen

Go for it!
I am so going to. I got 35 by accident (too red) and passed it on to my mom. I secretly though 34 would be good shade for me, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I plan to soon. I really like Inglot products so far. It was reassuring to see a WOC cosign on the foundation.

Minimalisttt

Hey ladies!

I would love it if you could match me...I think I'm an NC50? Be back later with pics...I'm running late, lol

bobbiedoll03

Lately I have been wearing Stila All Day Foundation in Deep and I absolutely love it. It is full coverage for sure but gives me such a beautiful finish. A little goes a long way and the color is perfect for my NC50 skin.

sagehen

That is the BEST nude lipstick! I love wearing it with MAC Cork liner and either Love Nectar, Ample Pink, or Viva Glam V gloss on top. 
I am off to try this perfect nude - I am always on the search for one. eta: I have been reading in this thread about some NARS experiences, and in researching a little bit, I see two shades that my Sephora does not sell - I believe I am one of those two shades. I am off to Nordstrom to try.

misskiyana

These are my absoulte FAVORITE!!!! makeup products

Foundations I wear on the regular:
MAC Matchmaster 8.0 (BEST EVER!!!)
MAC Mineralize foundation NC50
MAC Studio Fix NW45
Black Radiance 843 Rum Spice
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Deep Dark

Favorite Highlights:
NARS Albatross (best highlight EVER)
Ben Nye Banana Powder
MAC Prep & Prime Bright Forecast

Favorite Blushes:
MAC Sweet As Cocoa
MAC Blunt
MAC Gingerly
MAC Plum Foolery

Favorite Lipsticks/Gloss:
MAC Wonderstruck
MAC Ample Pink
MAC Venetian
MAC Ruby Woo
MAC Lady Danger
MAC Candy Yum Yum
MAC Kinda Sexy
MAC Cyber
MAC Myth
MAC Flat Out Fab

bobbiedoll03

For all of you ladies who use nars sheer glow...how does it behave on oily skin. I am pretty oily and need something that won't have me looking greasy later in the day.

captodometer

Based on the recommendations in this thread, I revisited Sephora and did some more swatches. I loved Marc Jacobs foundation in Medium Cocoa, but I really don't want to spend $48 on a foundation. I also swatched the new Make Up Forever compact; shade 174 was a perfect match. But MAC Studio Fix costs less so I would probably just stick with it.

I'm still interested in NARS foundations, but to get the shades I'm interested in (New Guinea, Benares) I will have to order from the company website. Given the other things available that work and that I was able to swatch in real life before purchasing, I don't think I'm going to be buying NARS any time soon.

sagehen

Based on the recommendations in this thread, I revisited Sephora and did some more swatches.  I loved Marc Jacobs foundation in Medium Cocoa, but I really don't want to spend $48 on a foundation.  I also swatched the new Make Up Forever compact; shade 174 was a perfect match.  But MAC Studio Fix costs less so I would probably just stick with it. I'm still interested in NARS foundations, but to get the shades I'm interested in (New Guinea, Benares) I will have to order from the company website.  Given the other things available that work and that I was able to swatch in real life before purchasing, I don't think I'm going to be buying NARS any time soon.
New Guinea, New Orleans and Benares are available at most Nordstrom stores. I don't know if you are near one but you could swatch and/or buy there. Isn't it Trend Show season?

K_ashanti

I've been trying new foundations because i am out of SFF i tried the Kat Von D in 66 n 70 66 was a tad red and 70 was too light which was weird

Latest posts